ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 145 of 162
« First < 4595135141142143144145 146147148149155 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 11:05 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
when? like 1986?

:-)
I find it weird that Cleveland tries to take pre-1999 Cleveland history as a part of their own. Shouldn't that be a part of Baltimore's history? It's not like the Ravens try and claim the Colts Baltimore days - I know they're different names I just think its weird when they talk about the Cleveland Browns historically
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:11 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
There's also a side to that story that he's only thrown 1 int in the last 7 games. So is it strength of schedule or has he just gotten better and smarter? I want to hate the guy but it's just outstanding coaching. he does a lot of dumb things in the pocket but he surprisingly makes way less careless decisions throwing the ball
Kevin Stefanski did an outstanding job of concealing Kirk Cousins' warts too.

I'm sure that's why they hired him.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 11:12 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
I find it weird that Cleveland tries to take pre-1999 Cleveland history as a part of their own. Shouldn't that be a part of Baltimore's history? It's not like the Ravens try and claim the Colts Baltimore days - I know they're different names I just think its weird when they talk about the Cleveland Browns historically
Good point, especially considering the circumstances of the original Browns' relocation. I'm surprised Art Modell wasn't executed in Cleveland.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 11:12 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by alanm:
They both do. And unless KC is a national game or stand alone, Buffalo brings in more. :-)
Bullshit. The only reason Buffalo technically brings in more viewers is because the are located in the 4th most populated state in the country.

Mahomes pulls a higher share no matter who we play, where we play, or when we play, than Allen and Buffalo.

If Mahomes and the Chiefs were playing a bottom five team, and Allen and the Bills were playing a bottom five team, and audiences across the country, excluding home markets, could choose which game they watched, Mahomes and the Chiefs would be the overwhelming choice.

Just about a month ago, there was an article from SI (I think, but it could have been from Barstool or SN, or someone like that) that discussed Mahomes and his affect on viewership in prime time games. The gist of the article was that any prime time, national game could expect a boost in ratings if Mahomes and the Chiefs were playing.

People want to watch historically good players, and that's Mahomes and not Allen. It's the same affect that MJ had on basketball and Tiger had on golf.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:13 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Good point, especially considering the circumstances of the original Browns' relocation. I'm surprised Art Modell wasn't executed in Cleveland.
He would have been if they had caught him.
[Reply]
Basileus777 11:18 AM 12-23-2020
They both do. And unless KC is a national game or stand alone, Buffalo brings in more. :-)

Buffalo is in a much smaller market than KC, so not really.
[Reply]
alanm 11:35 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by Basileus777:
Buffalo is in a much smaller market than KC, so not really.
It wouldn't just be Buffalo, but the rest of NY as well and the rest of NE. Providing the Pats aren't playing at the same time. Not really counting the Jets. The market in New England is waaaaaaaay bigger.
[Reply]
Basileus777 11:45 AM 12-23-2020
It wouldn't just be Buffalo, but the rest of NY as well and the rest of NE. Providing the Pats aren't playing at the same time. Not really counting the Jets. The market in New England is waaaaaaaay bigger.
lol

There are probably 15 fanbases with more fans in NYC than the Bills. Including all of New York and NE in Buffalo's market is like saying Chicago should count as a Chiefs market.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:48 AM 12-23-2020
Yeah, upstate New York is a hodge podge of NFL fans. Quite a few Cowboys and Steelers fans from what I remember.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 11:52 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
If I recall correctly, they agreed to leave the team's name and history in Cleveland to get the league's approval to make the move
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:53 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by BigRock:
Seen a lot of them saying they think they won the draft day trade where we got Mahomes, an MVP and Super Bowl winner, because the pieces they got + later drafting Allen has finally let them win their division once.
I don't have an issue with this. Allen is playing very well and he's their guy so they understandably view him very favorably. Plus, IIRC, they used those other picks from the trade to get Edmunds and Tre White who are both very good players.

Mahomes already delivered us a Super Bowl and looks primed to bring home another in a couple months. If they truly believe they won that trade, that's their issue lol
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:00 PM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
If I recall correctly, they agreed to leave the team's name and history in Cleveland to get the league's approval to make the move
Correct.

The Ravens are essentially an expansion team with no history prior to the move in 1996.

See here:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:37 PM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
It's not the same old Browns, man. It's just not.

They might run for 300 yards against Pittsburgh in that game.
Bullshit. They let Lamar pack their shit in good. You are the same dude that was piss your pants frightened of the titans last year too. Chiefs absolutely wrecked them in the playoffs.. Gets old.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:39 PM 12-23-2020
Zilla can't help but slurp that average ass Browns team too :-)
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 02:52 PM 12-23-2020
The only team that could maybe make it slightly difficult for us imo, is the Bills. And I'll only believe that if they actually win 2 playoff games.
[Reply]
Page 145 of 162
« First < 4595135141142143144145 146147148149155 > Last »
Up