ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 532 of 1209
« First < 32432482522528529530531532 5335345355365425826321032 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Buzz 03:25 PM 05-19-2017
Smothered burrito with beef, beans, rice and cheese in a homemade red sauce.

Attached: 20170518_214631.jpg (139.0 KB) 20170518_222253.jpg (66.3 KB) 
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:40 PM 05-19-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I'm telling you with all my heart, if you're ever in St. Louis you have to stop by Southern.

https://www.stlsouthern.com/

It's beyond good eats, it's quasi-religious, and Pappy's is right next door.

Their cluckin' hot chicken might be the hottest thing I've eaten ever, and I've eaten hot. It's the sugar and the oil that does it. They do like you do with the bloomed oil, but their cluckin' is bloomed with Bhut Jalokia. and it sticks to your insides so you have vivid dreams for nights later. Luckily I still haven't had . . . evacuation problems, . . . some people have with spicy food, but their chicken got as close as I ever have with some tummy rumblings later.

But it's also delicious when it's not hot. All the sides have something [maddeningly unidentifiable] that makes it the perfect version of whatever it is.

My secret is to get their second hottest, and ask for a side of cluckin' hot sauce to go with. That way you can meter the heat at the meal, and if you don't use all the extra side, you have sauce to take home. When I take it home, I guard it like the royal jewels, yet I'm constantly looking for something new to put it on. Putting a little on top can make even the most pedestrian red beans and rice a revelation.
Man, I don't know about super hot fried chicken. I may not be tough enough.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:46 PM 05-19-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Man, I don't know about super hot fried chicken. I may not be tough enough.
They have multiple levels.

While I'm at it, the rest of the menu

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:06 PM 05-20-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I'm telling you with all my heart, if you're ever in St. Louis you have to stop by Southern.

https://www.stlsouthern.com/

It's beyond good eats, it's quasi-religious, and Pappy's is right next door.

Their cluckin' hot chicken might be the hottest thing I've eaten ever, and I've eaten hot. It's the sugar and the oil that does it. They do like you do with the bloomed oil, but their cluckin' is bloomed with Bhut Jalokia. and it sticks to your insides so you have vivid dreams for nights later. Luckily I still haven't had . . . evacuation problems, . . . some people have with spicy food, but their chicken got as close as I ever have with some tummy rumblings later.

But it's also delicious when it's not hot. All the sides have something [maddeningly unidentifiable] that makes it the perfect version of whatever it is.

My secret is to get their second hottest, and ask for a side of cluckin' hot sauce to go with. That way you can meter the heat at the meal, and if you don't use all the extra side, you have sauce to take home. When I take it home, I guard it like the royal jewels, yet I'm constantly looking for something new to put it on. Putting a little on top can make even the most pedestrian red beans and rice a revelation.
Growin' some ghost peppers in the garden this year. May have to dry/pulverize one to try something like that.
[Reply]
lewdog 12:34 PM 05-20-2017
Originally Posted by Buzz:
Smothered burrito with beef, beans, rice and cheese in a homemade red sauce.

How do you do your homemade red sauce?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 12:37 PM 05-20-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:

It's Buzz. My bet is on Bud Light and red food dye.

:-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:44 PM 05-20-2017
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:

Taco Bell packet
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:01 PM 05-20-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Taco Bell packet
Somehow I still chuckle, and I can't even remember who the [Hispanic, . . NOT Carlos Mencia or George Lopez] standup was. And I'm sure it was over 15 years ago. But he starts a Taco Bell bit, and pauses and says with reverence

'those sauce packets [begins mock weeping] just like mama used to make . . . what? Is there bell pepper in there?!?!'

Whomever it was, it was the same guy who had the bit about his dad making him speak 'merican. They were at a hotel when he was a kid and he started talking 'mexican' with his buddies. His dad grabbed him and gave him a stink eye, then he grabbed the Gideon bible from the dresser and said 'see that, that's the Lord's word, written in American. You won't open that and see a jalapeno pepper poppin out!!'

[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:56 PM 05-20-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I've long since lost the website that has my recipe (because this shit got popular in the meantime and suddenly a bunch of stuff has leapfrogged it in my search results), but this looks close enough.

1/2 cup hot frying oil
3 tablespoons cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon (packed) light brown sugar
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

Now I don't bother with the paprika because I just use more cayenne and paprika's not going to make a difference in the flavor here (it's just there to turn the sauce red). I use a little more garlic powder and dark brown sugar to make it a little richer.

Otherwise those ratios seem about right. It's hard to say because as noted, the amount of cayenne you use depends on how how you want your chicken. I tend to make it by color at this point.
Food Wishes guy's take,

http://foodwishes.blogspot.com/2016/...s-cayenne.html

for the visually oriented.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:59 PM 05-20-2017
Yeah, that's about it.

I sous vide mine though, so I can roll through them at tailgates. I don't heat-shock the oil and with higher oil temp and shorter cooking times, I get better crust and can turn them out just as fast as I can batter them (p.s. buy a fish fry basket for tossing in flour - lifesaver for this kind of stuff).

I've seen the lard recipe like that, just never used it because I don't have lard. So I just use my fry oil and it works just fine.
[Reply]
Buzz 03:47 PM 05-20-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:

I went with what I had on hand, one 8 oz can of tomato sauce and added taco seasoning to taste and simmered until thickened.

No joke, but it did taste like a little like Spanish Gardens.
[Reply]
Buzz 03:50 PM 05-20-2017

Do I know you?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 04:16 PM 05-20-2017
Winged a stir fry with flank steak, and a bunch of veggies. Turned out surprisingly good.
[Reply]
Buzz 04:43 PM 05-20-2017
Winged a stir fry with flank steak, and a bunch of veggies. Turned out surprisingly good.

Pics?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:14 PM 05-20-2017
Originally Posted by Buzz:
Pics?

I really didn't think it was gonna be anything worth talking about, so I didn't take any.

Skirt steak, water chestnuts, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, red bell pepper, shredded carrots, onion, baby corn, sugar snap peas, garlic, ginger, chile oil. Did a sort of teriyaki sauce I made up to finish with a little cornstarch slurry to help it stick.
[Reply]
Page 532 of 1209
« First < 32432482522528529530531532 5335345355365425826321032 > Last »
Up