ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 82
« First < 51112131415 161718192565 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Restaurants of yesteryear
Simply Red 08:33 PM 11-01-2006
What Restaurants did you grow up around? I'm not talking super fancy and yes fast-food counts. What distinctive memories do you associate with them?

Mine?

Taco Via-(the lit up menu of the various taco plates displayed on the wall), WhiteCastle-On a paper plate with fries and Pepsi, Arthur Treachers(off Noland), Tippins(off Noland), Perkins(the free toy well), Country Deli(awesome local deli to Blue Springs heated sandwiches on Sourdough buns), Zarda BBQ and Dairy, FunHouse Pizza(of Course)(Dark. Video- Games,Electonic Riding Bull and 25-cent Taco night) Annes Sante Fe.

Keep in mind I never see these anymore living in Georgia.

[Reply]
Simply Red 07:56 PM 11-02-2006
Originally Posted by mmaddog:
They actually have a Chic-Fil-A on the campus here in Columbia...but nowhere else in town.

mmaddog
One in O.P. KS.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:00 PM 11-02-2006
Originally Posted by dtebbe:

Chic-fil-a is a class organization from the top down. Hands down the best managed restaurant chain in the country.

DT
Chic-Fil-A's are big down here in Texas. They do seem a little classier than the average fast food chain. Pretty neat that they close all their stores on Sundays.
[Reply]
Donger 09:32 PM 11-02-2006
Perhaps this has been covered, but what was the taco place on the top (third) level of Metcalf South, SW corner?
[Reply]
headsnap 09:37 PM 11-02-2006
Originally Posted by Donger:
Perhaps this has been covered, but what was the taco place on the top (third) level of Metcalf South, SW corner?
WOW, that just dredged up memories that I thought were gone forever!!!!!

Metcalf South was my back yard. I grew up on W 98th St...
[Reply]
Donger 09:38 PM 11-02-2006
Originally Posted by headsnap:
WOW, that just dredged up memories that I thought were gone forever!!!!!

Metcalf South was my back yard. I grew up on W 98th St...
101st and Metcalf for me. We probably stomped the same turf.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:43 PM 11-02-2006
I just remember a restaurant in Tipton, MO that was on the corner & was brick...I remember were eating there one time when Walkin' Joe Teasdale came in & was eating at the same time we were.....

Can't remember the name though.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:44 PM 11-02-2006
I think that was a Taco Via as well. There was one on 75th & Metcalf and the one there, IIRC.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:46 PM 11-02-2006
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Key restaurants of my childhood/youth:

1. A&W (Rolla for the most part)
2. Johnny's Smoke Stak (Rolla)
3. Ed Lentz's (Richland)
4. Calvert's Cafeteria (Springfield, it was our post-church tradition)
5. Ken's Pizza (either Rogers, AR, or Springfield - don't remember now)
I was through Rolla about two years ago & went to Johnny's....still the best place to eat in Rolla.:-)
[Reply]
Donger 09:48 PM 11-02-2006
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I think that was a Taco Via as well. There was one on 75th & Metcalf and the one there, IIRC.
Yep, that's it! Taco Via. I can see the sign/logo now.
[Reply]
headsnap 09:49 PM 11-02-2006
Yep, that's it! Taco Via. I can see the sign/logo now.
Down a level I worked at Topsy's Top Dog for a short while... :-)
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:50 PM 11-02-2006
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Putch's cafeteria..in the LL of Blue Ridge Mall.
My sister-in-law used to be a waitress there in the 60's while she was in high school at Raytown HS.

Another one I just remembered....after our prom we went to V's off Blue Ridge...is it still there?????
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:54 PM 11-02-2006
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Now that you mention it, I believe they did. They were primarily in the Omaha/Lincoln, NE area, but I seem to remember one on 50 Highway in Raytown. I remember when we used to visit my grandparents in Nebraska, we used to always go there for my birthday. They would bring you out a little cake with the trick candles on it. There was one on the I-80 interchange near Greenwood, NE (Alvo Road). It's been gone for years.
King's was the name...loved that place when I was a kid because my parents would let me "phone" in the order.
[Reply]
Donger 09:54 PM 11-02-2006
Originally Posted by headsnap:
Down a level I worked at Topsy's Top Dog for a short while... :-)
Heh. I worked for a day at the Orange Julius on the lower level, across from the fountain.
[Reply]
redbrian 09:56 PM 11-02-2006
Walking distance from the house as a kid was,

(Original) In a Tub (Corner of Cherry and N Oak)
Griff’s (Cherry St)
Pizza Hut (Cherry St)

A little drive north

Hays Burgers (Vivion)
The Forum (I think that’s the right name at the Antioch Shopping Ctr)

Riverside

Dog N Suds (take your own gallon jug in a get root beer)

North Town

Black’s Sweet Shop (one of my uncles ran that, got free shakes as a kid)

Downtown

Town N Country (Broadway)

As you can tell from this list I was taken to only the finest establishments in town.
[Reply]
headsnap 09:58 PM 11-02-2006
Heh. I worked for a day at the Orange Julius on the lower level, across from the fountain.
my sister worked at Hobby Haven, THAT ROCKED!!!
[Reply]
Page 15 of 82
« First < 51112131415 161718192565 > Last »
Up