ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Do you enjoy being a Chiefs fan?
Yes 115 82.14%
No 22 15.71%
I'm not a Chiefs fan, but I like feeling included 3 2.14%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do you enjoy being a Chiefs fan?
DaFace 09:15 AM 11-16-2019
Not really much more context needed. I just wonder sometimes after reading a lot of the comments around here.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:38 AM 11-16-2019
How in the hell is this a yes or no question? That's like asking if I enjoy dating, when one girlfriend is wonderful, but the next one ends up being a witch?

Do you enjoy having a generational talent at QB coupled with a defense that couldn't stop a motivated troop of Boy Scouts from scoring the winning touchdown?

:-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:46 AM 11-16-2019
Honestly, since Mahomes went down....I’ve been way more calm....even in losses.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 11:52 AM 11-16-2019
Yes. But I would've liked it a lot more had this team won the SB last year like they should've. It still hurts.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 11:56 AM 11-16-2019
Absolutely. I have no doubt in my mind that they'll eventually win a Super Bowl with Mahomes and Reid, and when they do, it'll be that much sweeter because of all the chronic disappointment we've suffered through over the years.

I genuinely can't wait to see what the malcontents on CP spend their time complaining about after that.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:56 AM 11-16-2019
It gives me something to talk about with my coworkers, I guess.

That and the on-field thrills from September through early January.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 11:58 AM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
This. I never had a choice.

That being said, I started watching in the early Schottenheimer era.

My first 2 playoff losses were the Dave Szott hold in Miami, and the qst Buffalo beatdown.

Then we got Montana and Allen, and I'm like "whoa, SUPER BOWL TIME."

Basically been like jacking off with a cheese grater ever since.
Given that this poll was basically designed for Sweet Daddy Hate and you, you could at least vote in it. :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:01 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I genuinely can't wait to see what the malcontents on CP spend their time complaining about after that.
Did you read Royals threads circa 2014-2016?

There's always something to cry about.
[Reply]
Otter 12:04 PM 11-16-2019
I don't take the NFL too serious anymore. If it weren't for Mahomes and the rest of the offense I may not even watch the games. I'd still use the ear buds and qcountry app however.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:07 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Absolutely. I have no doubt in my mind that they'll eventually win a Super Bowl with Mahomes and Reid, and when they do, it'll be that much sweeter because of all the chronic disappointment we've suffered through over the years.

oh rabblerouser will find something... his goal in life is to try his best to make people as miserable as he is.
[Reply]
frozenchief 12:07 PM 11-16-2019
I enjoy Mahomes. He can do things no other QB can. And barring injury, he should establish himself as one of the all time greats.

But as I’ve gotten older, the results don’t affect me as much. I enjoy winning but realistically would my life change dramatically if KC won the SB? No. I’d still have to go to work. Still haVe all the family, financial and life issues.

So when KC is doing well I Rejoice. When they do poorly, I grump. And otherwise I live my life.
[Reply]
scho63 12:11 PM 11-16-2019
There is no better song and lyrics to sum up my feelings as a 50 year Chiefs fan than this and then running into other Chiefs fans to commiserate/share our pain with! :-)

[Reply]
Graystoke 12:13 PM 11-16-2019
It’s in my DNA
[Reply]
lewdog 12:29 PM 11-16-2019
Compared to many other NFL franchises?

Fuck No.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:30 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
I enjoy winning but realistically would my life change dramatically if KC won the SB? No. I’d still have to go to work. Still haVe all the family, financial and life issues.

So when KC is doing well I Rejoice. When they do poorly, I grump. And otherwise I live my life.
That's the odd thing about "those 50 years of shit will make the end result so much better"... people will rejoice and get shitfaced, go to the parade and get shitfaced, buy all the gear... then you're just a guy who's living in a world where the Chiefs have won something significant.

Not to downplay those few days/week/whatever of joy, but it just seems really strange to say all the time and money wasted, frustration, watching shit football.. would all be worth it, when you could just skip most of that and be just as happy if they do ever win something.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:31 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Compared to many other NFL franchises?

Fuck No.
Many?

Like... six?
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up