ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 60
« First < 34567 8910111757 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Insiders: Andy and Mahomes upset/mad
Hammock Parties 09:01 AM 11-11-2019
Just heard Fescoe talking about someone close to Andy that told him Andy was extremely distraught by this loss and knows he personally screwed up. This isn't just another loss. This affected Andy deeply.

I think we might see some changes going forward, especially in attention to late game situations.

The other thing I heard this morning from my source is that Mahomes was angry after the game yesterday. So angry that he was almost on the verge of tears. Going forward you might see more fire from Mahomes in leading this team and getting on others when shit goes south. Like Marino/Aikman type leadership.
[Reply]
ILChief 10:36 AM 11-11-2019
3rd and 2 to win the game. Just plow Sherman or Williams up the middle twice If necessary and everyone’s happy. Now everyone looks like asses
[Reply]
tredadda 10:37 AM 11-11-2019
This is going to continue to be a problem. With Mahomes on the field Reid gets lazy and “cute” in his coaching. Mahomes is the cheat code, the easy button. The Chiefs overall played far better when Mahomes was out. I have zero doubts that had Matt Moore been QB near the end of the game the Chiefs would have run it on 3rd and 2. This is no knock on Mahomes, but I think this is a reason why Reid will struggle to get us over the hump. I don’t think Reid in another similar situation will do what he should have done which was line up in the I with Sherman lead blocking and Darrell Williams pounding the ball.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 10:38 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by ILChief:
3rd and 2 to win the game. Just plow Sherman or Williams up the middle twice If necessary and everyone’s happy. Now everyone looks like asses
That's one option. I mean they are paying Sherman over 2mil i think and he barely sees the field outside of special teams. If Reiter picks his assignment up quicker like schwartz did on that screen, its a big gain and most likely the game. Looked like he was confused on who to leak out to block.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 10:39 AM 11-11-2019
After the blocked FG the camera shot over to the Chiefs sideline as Reid was walking off and he had his hand over his eyes and forehead and looked completely distraught. May not sound like much but you rarely see him show that type of emotion on the field.

He needs to just hand over late game play calling to Mahomes and be done with it. It's the only way this will get fixed. At this point to expect Reid to change no matter what happens is just being naive. The best change he can make is turn it over to Pat in crunch time.

Everyone in organization damn well better be ragingly mad. That loss was utterly humiliating.
[Reply]
Jerm 10:39 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by ILChief:
Hell put Tyreek in motion and run a pop pass, he'd get the edge and get 2 yards...
[Reply]
ghak99 10:40 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
I don't understand why you would rely on your defense to get a stop or a kicker when you could win the game with our offense by getting 2 fucking yards

that was the turning point where lack of killer instinct really set the team back
The best/worst part of that play was Romo in the booth.

I don't know actual quote, but he started to say something like "Watch Reid on this one. He likes to do weird stuff in these situations." The tone with which it came out was a Because Cheufs dagger straight to the gut and you just knew the play was going to be a failure when they snapped the ball.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:42 AM 11-11-2019
Within the last 5 minutes I let Mahomes be the coach. He side idea what plays we run and if we go for it on fourth downs. He’s the only person in the offense who has any sort of mentality when it comes to last minute drives
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:42 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Can Reid and Bieniemy just switch roles
Wtf do you expect Bieniemy to do exactly?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:43 AM 11-11-2019
I wish we had John Harbaugh. 2 weeks ago when it was 4th and 2 he asked Lamar if he wanted to go for it and he said hell yea. Guess what? They scored a TD on that play.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:43 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
He seems to be the only offensive coach to show emotion and light a fire underneath people’s asses
[Reply]
ILChief 10:44 AM 11-11-2019
As a former running back I would hope he would just run the ball on third and 2
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:44 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Jerok:
Some would say that giving the ball to your best playmaker, Mahomes, is better than giving it to your scrub running back and your terrible run-blocking OL.

However, Mahomes might have tried for the first down if he wasn't recently injured, so maybe giving it to the RB would be the best choice.

And if you don't make the 3rd and 2, and now it's 4th and 1, go again. Time to put the fate of this team on the offense instead of the defense.
Andy "offensive genius" Reid calls a 1 read screen to the backup TE. With the game on the line. Fuck me.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:45 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
After the blocked FG the camera shot over to the Chiefs sideline as Reid was walking off and he had his hand over his eyes and forehead and looked completely distraught. May not sound like much but you rarely see him show that type of emotion on the field.

He needs to just hand over late game play calling to Mahomes and be done with it. It's the only way this will get fixed. At this point to expect Reid to change no matter what happens is just being naive. The best change he can make is turn it over to Pat in crunch time.

Everyone in organization damn well better be ragingly mad. That loss was utterly humiliating.
Rodgers was once a bad late game qb. I think giving him more late game control helped him and the team immensely. Though... Unlike Rodgers, mahomes has been excellent early in his career in late games.
[Reply]
ghak99 10:54 AM 11-11-2019
I'm guessing actually manage the game. I have no idea if he has that ability though.

When an OC calls a dumb ass cute play to a scrub on 3rd and 2 with the game on the line you'd hope the HC looks over at him like he's stupid and overrules with an I up the gut with the best FB in the game as the lead blocker. If it doesn't work he either does it again or gets a little more creative with a play action to one of the best TEs in the game.
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:59 AM 11-11-2019
I think Andy Reid should be contemplating retirement after letting Mike Vrabel beat him.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 60
« First < 34567 8910111757 > Last »
Up