ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 60
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Insiders: Andy and Mahomes upset/mad
Hammock Parties 09:01 AM 11-11-2019
Just heard Fescoe talking about someone close to Andy that told him Andy was extremely distraught by this loss and knows he personally screwed up. This isn't just another loss. This affected Andy deeply.

I think we might see some changes going forward, especially in attention to late game situations.

The other thing I heard this morning from my source is that Mahomes was angry after the game yesterday. So angry that he was almost on the verge of tears. Going forward you might see more fire from Mahomes in leading this team and getting on others when shit goes south. Like Marino/Aikman type leadership.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:59 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
And apparently Spags thought IVie was Gods greatest creation. Dude got more snap over Saunders
What value does Ivie bring to the defense that Pennel doesn’t?
[Reply]
Nzoner 12:00 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Absolutely, happens all the time.
Yes,it does.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:00 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I get that you don’t like Hardman bc you didn’t want him, but step back and see the bigger picture.

It was a problem with Hardman, DAT and Smith last year. The only constant is Toub.
I don't disagree.

If Toub asks me to go return kicks, I will suck at it. It won't be my fault for sucking, it will be Toub's fault for asking me to do it.

Hardman isn't a Hardman problem right now - he's a Toub problem. There are a LOT of Toub problems at the moment.
[Reply]
Jerm 12:00 PM 11-11-2019
This for real?
Uh yeah, I just can't remember the play...I think it was after the botched FG.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:00 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The Chiefs STRAFED the Titans in TOP yesterday.

Your position is stupid. TOP is one thing but it isn't a perfect proxy for number of possessions.

When you have the more explosive offense (and we ALWAYS will), the more possessions you have, the better. It gives you the highest/best chance to use those possessions to cover for mistakes and/or pull away.

You're doing exactly what the opponent wants you to do - limit possessions, keep games close and allow a bad break or two to beat you. It's literally the textbook example of what underdogs try to do to beat superior teams.

And you want to do it to ourselves. That's just asinine.
Than we will be playing in shootouts as long as Reid is the coach. And I sure as hell don’t trust the defense to get a stop. There is a reason why Reid is 0-8 when the pass to run ratio is 2:1
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 12:00 PM 11-11-2019
This for real?
It was after the long Derrick Henry touchdown run I believe.

Andy wasn’t even watching the game.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:01 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Uh yeah, I just can't remember the play...I think it was after the botched FG.
Gotta be fucking kidding me. Fucker probably still thinks we made the fg
[Reply]
Chief Northman 12:01 PM 11-11-2019
Clark Hunt gave Andy all the power, and this is what happens. Veach and the coaching staff are Reid lackeys. Andy can sit his fat ass on the bench beside Mahomes while the defense is on the field - if I’m a defensive player, I feel inferior as I know the HC only cares about Mahomes and the next wizard play he can call.
This defense doesn’t play for one another, they all play as individuals: Mathieu, Jones, Breeland are prime examples - one doesn’t tackle, one doesn’t commit to scheme, one keeps committing penalties.
Not one member of this staff is a threat to get a job elsewhere, let alone threaten Andy as an heir apparent. That was Pederson/Nagy and these guys are better game managers who understand the need for a competent defense and dedicating appropriate resources to that side of the ball.
Until Clark Hunt gains a share of holding Andy accountable somehow, NOTHING will change: poor defense, soft in the trenches, poor game/clock management and baffling deployment. Veach needs demotion to head of scouting, and a manager to keep Andy in check is sorely needed.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:01 PM 11-11-2019
I get that you don’t like Hardman bc you didn’t want him, but step back and see the bigger picture.

It was a problem with Hardman, DAT and Smith last year. The only constant is Toub.
Toub has only been "great" when he had Hester and Hill as returners.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:03 PM 11-11-2019

Didn't I read or hear somewhere that Toub admits he tells Hardman to return it out of the endzone? I don't get that at all, just take it at the 25.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:03 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Clark Hunt gave Andy all the power, and this is what happens. Veach and the coaching staff are Reid lackeys. Andy can sit his fat ass on the bench beside Mahomes while the defense is on the field - if I’m a defensive player, I feel inferior as I know the HC only cares about Mahomes and the next wizard play he can call.
This defense doesn’t play for one another, they all play as individuals: Mathieu, Jones, Breeland are prime examples - one doesn’t tackle, one doesn’t commit to scheme, one keeps committing penalties.
Not one member of this staff is a threat to get a job elsewhere, let alone threaten Andy as an heir apparent. That was Pederson/Nagy and these guys are better game managers who understand the need for a competent defense and dedicating appropriate resources to that side of the ball.
Until Clark Hunt gains a share of holding Andy accountable somehow, NOTHING will change: poor defense, soft in the trenches, poor game/clock management and baffling deployment. Veach needs demotion to head of scouting, and a manager to keep Andy in check is sorely needed.
The only person worth a damn on this offensive staff is Kafka. I’d make him the next HC
[Reply]
Nzoner 12:04 PM 11-11-2019
As long as those seats at Arrowhead are occupied and paid for(no matter the color of the jersey) Clark has no need care.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:05 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Toub has only been "great" when he had Hester and Hill as returners.
It definitely looks that way. Two FGs either blocked or partially blocked in the last two weeks, a critical botched snap on another FG and a KR who has no situational awareness and is almost guaranteed to make the wrong decision on returns.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:05 PM 11-11-2019
Than we will be playing in shootouts as long as Reid is the coach. And I sure as hell don’t trust the defense to get a stop. There is a reason why Reid is 0-8 when the pass to run ratio is 2:1
All coaches have awful records when the run/pass ratio is that lopsided. It's usually the score that dictates the ratio and not vice/versa. The studies on this are clear - you don't win because you ran, you ran because you were winning.

Your inability to separate causation/correlation here is leading you to advocate for an objectively stupid approach.

If you think the problem was the number of times they threw the ball yesterday, I have no idea what game you were watching.
[Reply]
Jerm 12:06 PM 11-11-2019
I mean Clark watched NE come in here and lift the trophy named after his dad in our house...the expectations for this season were the highest in decades...

If we fall flat on our face again and he does nothing....well then you have your answer.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 60
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up