ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 293 of 382
« First < 193243283289290291292293 294295296297303343 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bearcat 09:42 PM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
I know I've mentioned it before, but enjoying an Even More Jesus from Evil Twin.

Fudgy, boozy, diabetic imperial.
I have several of the variants, mostly from curiosity... Aun Mas, Chili, Coco. Wouldn't say it's a favorite, but I'll see a single here and there, and they're definitely worth a try.
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:52 PM 12-22-2019
Bottle Logic makes some really great beer.

[Reply]
scho63 07:20 PM 12-22-2019
Originally Posted by Bearcat:

You really do love those candy and cookie flavored beers. :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:38 PM 12-25-2019

Indeed.

Happy Holidays, CP brew crew

[Reply]
Bearcat 08:31 PM 12-25-2019
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Indeed.

Happy Holidays, CP brew crew
Merry Christmas and Happy Festivus. How's the coconut? I grabbed some Stronger Than Fiction recently.

Christmas beer was a 2018 BCS Bramble Rye and Bottle Logic Leche Borracho.

If you ever want some Bottle Logic or what not, I'll happily trade for some Mikerphone.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:49 PM 12-25-2019
Merry Christmas and Happy Festivus. How's the coconut? I grabbed some Stronger Than Fiction recently.

Christmas beer was a 2018 BCS Bramble Rye and Bottle Logic Leche Borracho.

If you ever want some Bottle Logic or what not, I'll happily trade for some Mikerphone.
However Improbable is definitely a top BA coconut stout that I've had. It's a collab with Moska, so not sure if it'll become a regular release. Fundamental Observation is a great BA vanilla stout as well. I had a Red Eye November from them recently that was coffee out the wazoo.

Take a look at Mikerphone's site any time and let me know whenever there's anything you're interested in, I'm always down to trade for out of market stuff.

How's the 2018 Bramble tasting? Didn't care for it much when it was released and haven't circled back on it.
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:46 PM 12-28-2019
However Improbable is definitely a top BA coconut stout that I've had. It's a collab with Moska, so not sure if it'll become a regular release. Fundamental Observation is a great BA vanilla stout as well. I had a Red Eye November from them recently that was coffee out the wazoo.

Take a look at Mikerphone's site any time and let me know whenever there's anything you're interested in, I'm always down to trade for out of market stuff.

How's the 2018 Bramble tasting? Didn't care for it much when it was released and haven't circled back on it.
Looking forward to trying Red Eye. FO is really good... a beer nerd friend over-hyped it to the point that I was actually a bit disappointed the first time I tried it, compared to some of the other stuff he's gotten his hands on. I had a flight in LA fairly recently and it was all so good... Reaction State (maple syrup), As You Wish (strawberry/chocolate), Study Break (candy bar/nougat), Cafe Correto (maple and coffee)....all on point and perhaps my favorite flight ever.

I really enjoyed the Bramble... can't say it was significantly better than when I tried it last year, as it was already pretty well aged to begin with, but enjoyed the blackberry/raspberry-ness. I haven't opened any of this year's variants yet.

I'll take you up on the Mikerphone at some point.... ironically enough, I just learned a friend was going to Chicago for the holidays, and they might bring some back with them. Have you had their key lime IPA? I've only had their stouts, which have all been very impressive... curious about that IPA though.

And what I'm currently drinking... Prairie Artisan Consider Yourself Hugged. Rich, rich peanut butter chocolate... close to drinking a Reese's. Diabeetus.

[Reply]
KCUnited 05:05 PM 12-28-2019
Looking forward to trying Red Eye. FO is really good... a beer nerd friend over-hyped it to the point that I was actually a bit disappointed the first time I tried it, compared to some of the other stuff he's gotten his hands on. I had a flight in LA fairly recently and it was all so good... Reaction State (maple syrup), As You Wish (strawberry/chocolate), Study Break (candy bar/nougat), Cafe Correto (maple and coffee)....all on point and perhaps my favorite flight ever.

I really enjoyed the Bramble... can't say it was significantly better than when I tried it last year, as it was already pretty well aged to begin with, but enjoyed the blackberry/raspberry-ness. I haven't opened any of this year's variants yet.

I'll take you up on the Mikerphone at some point.... ironically enough, I just learned a friend was going to Chicago for the holidays, and they might bring some back with them. Have you had their key lime IPA? I've only had their stouts, which have all been very impressive... curious about that IPA though.

And what I'm currently drinking... Prairie Artisan Consider Yourself Hugged. Rich, rich peanut butter chocolate... close to drinking a Reese's. Diabeetus.

I haven't had the key lime IPA although it sounds like something up my alley. Mikerphone Solo is a super legit IPA on the to-go list right now and, whenever it comes out next, Mikerphone Check 1 2 ranked top 5 in my best of local IPAs in 2019. Also, I haven't had it but just looking at that to-go list I'd be super interested in that Lil Beaver collab stout. Despite their name, Lil Beaver churns out some fantastic thick, chewy, flavored stouts in downstate IL. Your friend may be able to validate if onsite.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:19 PM 12-28-2019
I haven't had the key lime IPA although it sounds like something up my alley. Mikerphone Solo is a super legit IPA on the to-go list right now and, whenever it comes out next, Mikerphone Check 1 2 ranked top 5 in my best of local IPAs in 2019. Also, I haven't had it but just looking at that to-go list I'd be super interested in that Lil Beaver collab stout. Despite their name, Lil Beaver churns out some fantastic thick, chewy, flavored stouts in downstate IL. Your friend may be able to validate if onsite.
Sounds like my kind of brewery. :-)

Ridiculousness
We took our imperial milk stout Trip Dancing and added a ridiculous amount of adjuncts just to have fun, and the results were loved by all! This stout has Milk Sugar, Vanilla, Chocolate, Banana, Coconut, Cinnamon, and Maple. A variant of Trip Dancing.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:35 PM 12-28-2019
Ive noticed alot of places are serving ciders now and passing them off as beers
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:39 PM 12-28-2019
Sounds like my kind of brewery. :-)

Ridiculousness
We took our imperial milk stout Trip Dancing and added a ridiculous amount of adjuncts just to have fun, and the results were loved by all! This stout has Milk Sugar, Vanilla, Chocolate, Banana, Coconut, Cinnamon, and Maple. A variant of Trip Dancing.
Ya, that's kind of their thing. Whenever they send kegs up to the city we try and seek them out before they vanish.
[Reply]
ping2000 05:59 PM 12-28-2019
Might drink this tonight.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:48 PM 12-28-2019
Originally Posted by ping2000:
Might drink this tonight.
Appearance: Pours a dark orange.

Smell: Earthy, aroma of unjustified superiority.

Taste: Bitterness, but passive aggressively so.

Mouth: Thin body, feels hollow.

Overall: Big fish in a small pond. Drinkable for a few months of the year, but isn't the go to when it matters.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:32 AM 01-04-2020
Café de Olla is a winner... not sure I'd even want to age it, but I have 4 more, so might drink one ever 2 or 3 months.

I haven't had a fresh BCS Coffee in years in order to compare, but I think this one is better.
[Reply]
phisherman 10:57 AM 01-04-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Ive noticed alot of places are serving ciders now and passing them off as beers
Huh?
[Reply]
Page 293 of 382
« First < 193243283289290291292293 294295296297303343 > Last »
Up