« First < 130180220226227228229230 231232233234240 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
O.city 10:33 AM 10-03-2023
Yeah, CEH is clearly just a here because of lack of better options. They wanna keep McKinnon healthy til late in the year and Pacheco can't take all the snaps.

So they'll keep trotting him out for his useless 4 snaps or carries per game.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:33 AM 10-03-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
That's the one thing they do that annoys me to no end, if CEH had been a 5th round pick, he wouldn't even be on the team.

They are committed to giving CEH and Moore snaps because of draft position not what they do on the field.
The MEH thing, to me, comes down to a refusal to acknowledge that we aren't an RPO team anymore.

We used him because, rightly or wrongly, he was our best option for stretch read plays that are necessary if you're going to run RPOs. But we don't do that anymore.

So why we don't transition to a gap scheme or more inside zone with our running game is just beyond me. Because we can absolutely run inside with power.

And watching MEH take that swing pass last week that's 6 yards for any reasonably quick RB and turn it into a 1 yard gain by simply running in quicksand was all the proof you need that Clyde CANNOT run outside zone. And Pacheco's better used inside. Jet's looking slower.

So with this personnel, I just don't see cause for even having those in the playbook. They aren't setting up RPOs that we rarely use anymore. They're not well suited to our talent. They're just wasted downs.

But we don't seem to be willing to take them out of the playbook so if we're gonna run them, it seems they're content letting MEH absorb the bullet to set something up instead of Pop.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:35 AM 10-03-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Jerrick has clearly lost a step and Deneric did absolutely dick to earn a roster spot.

CEH is here because he's the 2nd best RB we've got.
'absolutely dick' overstates it.

Absolutely dick probably keeps him on the roster.

Instead he was routinely and obviously overmatched. Like I said at the time, it was bad enough that I probably wouldn't have kept him on the PS. He didn't show anything.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:37 AM 10-03-2023
Perine was the one that showed a bit, right?
[Reply]
O.city 10:38 AM 10-03-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The MEH thing, to me, comes down to a refusal to acknowledge that we aren't an RPO team anymore.

We used him because, rightly or wrongly, he was our best option for stretch read plays that are necessary if you're going to run RPOs. But we don't do that anymore.

So why we don't transition to a gap scheme or more inside zone with our running game is just beyond me. Because we can absolutely run inside with power.

And watching MEH take that swing pass last week that's 6 yards for any reasonably quick RB and turn it into a 1 yard gain by simply running in quicksand was all the proof you need that Clyde CANNOT run outside zone. And Pacheco's better used inside. Jet's looking slower.

So with this personnel, I just don't see cause for even having those in the playbook. They aren't setting up RPOs that we rarely use anymore. They're not well suited to our talent. They're just wasted downs.

But we don't seem to be willing to take them out of the playbook so if we're gonna run them, it seems they're content letting MEH absorb the bullet to set something up instead of Pop.
Jeff Allen and Schwartz talked about it on twitter. The Chiefs always start the year with these running schemes that dont' work then eventually get to outside zone or man/gap stuff from under center etc.

Their OL is just perfectly built for it now. Pacheco has the speed to run outside zone. Just keep doing it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:43 AM 10-03-2023
Originally Posted by Squishy Snatch:
Perine was the one that showed a bit, right?
Yeah, I thought Perine earned a job. Ran hard with vision and had the threshold speed required to do the job.

MEH, to his credit, plays hard. He'll put his body on the line to throw a block. he won't shy away from contact. I don't dislike him as a teammate or person.

He just doesn't have the tools to be an asset back there.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:45 AM 10-03-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Jeff Allen and Schwartz talked about it on twitter. The Chiefs always start the year with these running schemes that dont' work then eventually get to outside zone or man/gap stuff from under center etc.

Their OL is just perfectly built for it now. Pacheco has the speed to run outside zone. Just keep doing it.
Pacheco isn't super fluid to/through the hole, though. So I don't think he's ideal for outside zone because there's too much stretch/read/react there.

I like him with the inside zone and gap concepts because it's really just one cut and go. Then he can use that speed if he gets through the line to create a miss and split the safeties up the chute.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:04 AM 10-03-2023
So how long before Calvin Austin passes Skyy in total productivity after missing his first season?

Through 4 games, Calvin has 12 receptions for 143 yards and a TD. Moore, through 20 games, has 29/362/1.

Will he get past him by week 14? 17?

(Yes, this is petty as hell but I loved me some Calvin Austin and I friggen hate that he's a damn dirty Steeler when he should be out here putting dudes in a blender for us with that insane athleticism...)
[Reply]
JPH83 11:18 AM 10-03-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Excellent post, could not agree more
[Reply]
PHOG 11:53 AM 10-03-2023
Originally Posted by jettio:
Moore needs to use less energy celebrating after making a productive play for a first down.

He acts like he does not expect to make a better play later. Tone it down, dude.
Now this I can agree on. Please act like you've caught a pass before.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:20 PM 10-03-2023
This says Skyy is getting open. Is he?

https://x.com/arjunmenon100/status/1...YJXccxRIbYwg3A
[Reply]
staylor26 01:28 PM 10-03-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
This says Skyy is getting open. Is he?

https://x.com/arjunmenon100/status/1...YJXccxRIbYwg3A
Umm that is from February...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:34 PM 10-03-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Umm that is from February...
And I think the 'separation' stats are just about worthless because again, they just don't speak to timing.

If Skyy gets 3 yards of separation by jitterbugging at the line for the first two strides of PM's drop-back, it means precisely dick because by the time Pat looks that way, Moore is 2-3 yards away from where he's supposed to be and he's gotta look to the next guy.

Patrick Mahomes will throw the ball to Justin !@#$ing Watson, FFS. If you're where you're supposed to be, when you're supposed to be there, he WILL deliver you the ball.

So do I trust some odd stat with no methodology and a pretty clear flaw? Or do I trust the baddest motherfucker in football?

If Patrick Mahomes doesn't think you need the ball, I agree with him. It's like the old "Son, if Mr. Williams doesn't think it's a strike, it's not a strike" line. When Ted Williams doesn't swing - it was a ball.

If Patrick Mahomes isn't throwing you the football over 20+ games of an NFL career, that means you're not getting open. Not in the flow of the offense anyway. Nebulous and ill-defined stat be damned.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:31 PM 10-03-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
No.

My thinking is that if you're drafting a guy in the first or second round, they shouldn't need to "sit and learn" and soak up a contract year. Guys learn by getting on the field and if they can't get on the field early, don't draft them.

Now someone will throw out "But Mahomes"
Come on silly, it isn't 'But Mahomes'.

It's 'But Andy'.

History shows he is really reluctant to play rookies on offense. Can you point to the occasional exception where he really had no choice or the even more exceptional situation where a rookie just flat out took the starting job in training camp?

But yea, Andy pretty much loses out a year of rookie contract for his best offensive players compared to other teams.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:53 PM 10-03-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Come on silly, it isn't 'But Mahomes'.

It's 'But Andy'.

History shows he is really reluctant to play rookies on offense. Can you point to the occasional exception where he really had no choice or the even more exceptional situation where a rookie just flat out took the starting job in training camp?

But yea, Andy pretty much loses out a year of rookie contract for his best offensive players compared to other teams.
We've done this a dozen times already and y'all come prepared with your "Yeah Buts..." so none of us are inclined to do it anymore.

Turns out Moore's problem wasn't Andy's Complicated Scheme - he's just bad at football. And Rice, because he's good at football, is performing in limited reps and will continue to get more of them as the season progresses.
[Reply]
Page 230 of 280
« First < 130180220226227228229230 231232233234240 > Last »
Up