ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2715 of 3903
« First < 1715221526152665270527112712271327142715 271627172718271927252765281532153715 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:29 PM 07-25-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
He nailed China and Sweden. He said they would get to about 6000. Meanwhile, Imperial College and IHME predicted 90000 to 100000 dead in Sweden by July 1st.

Levitt> Neil "Bird Flu" Ferguson
Yeah no. Only Agenda Approved takes are allowed here.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:17 AM 07-26-2020
Scientists Uncover Evidence That a Level of Pre-Existing COVID-19 / SARS-CoV-2 Immunity Is Present in the General Population

https://scitechdaily.com/scientists-...al-population/
[Reply]
NewChief 07:33 AM 07-26-2020
Just found out that one of my good friends, slightly older than me but in good shape and fit, just got out of hospital. He said it was a horrifying experience and he was pretty scared for a while. His wife, not in as good of shape and with some pre-existing health issues, just had flu like symptoms for a few days.

Only point for me is that anecdotal evidence is so much more powerful than statistical. His report shook me up because he's the first person I've known personally and who is of similar situation (White, affluent, healthy, middle aged) to get deathly ill. I had been feeling pretty okay about things. Intellectually, I know things aren't any different than before I got his report, but it still affected me differently on an emotional level.
[Reply]
Donger 08:04 AM 07-26-2020
He nailed China and Sweden. He said they would get to about 6000. Meanwhile, Imperial College and IHME predicted 90000 to 100000 dead in Sweden by July 1st.

Levitt> Neil "Bird Flu" Ferguson
China, eh?

How did he "nail" Sweden?

Do you think he "nailed" the USA?
[Reply]
Donger 08:06 AM 07-26-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Yeah no. Only Agenda Approved takes are allowed here.
I'm not sure what that means. But one should expect everything to be challenged.
[Reply]
O.city 08:16 AM 07-26-2020
Michael Mina is talking about cheap quick tests that aren’t necessarily as sensitive as pcr but give instant results

That’s what we need. Something you lick everyday and it gives immediate results
[Reply]
Donger 08:19 AM 07-26-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Something you lick everyday and it gives immediate results
I've had that for a while.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:22 AM 07-26-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
China, eh?

How did he "nail" Sweden?

Do you think he "nailed" the USA?
He predicted deaths in Sweden within 1000 while Imperial College and IHME (used by many states to inform policy) was off by a factor of 20.

Team Apocalypse has a horrible track record so far.

They have been wildly off on deaths and hospitalizations every step if the way.
[Reply]
Donger 08:28 AM 07-26-2020
He predicted deaths in Sweden within 1000 while Imperial College and IHME (used by many states to inform policy) was off by a factor of 20.

Team Apocalypse has a horrible track record so far.

They have been wildly off on deaths and hospitalizations every step if the way.
Can you provide a link to this Sweden prediction?

You didn't answer whether you think he "nailed" the USA.

I don't know what outfit the task force used to predict that we'd have 100,000 to 240,000 deaths with mitigation efforts, but it is and has been accurate. You'd agree with that, right?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:33 AM 07-26-2020
Can you provide a link to this Sweden prediction?

You didn't answer whether you think he "nailed" the USA.

I don't know what outfit the task force used to predict that we'd have 100,000 to 240,000 deaths with mitigation efforts, but it is and has been accurate. You'd agree with that, right?
No. There is no evidence all of this did anything at all.

As an example, Neil Ferguson when asked how his model when applied to Sweden could be so off since they did not close businesses, close schools or wear masks said they did achieve mitigation.

Through voluntary social distancing!!

The emperor has no clothes here folks. All we had to do was was wash our hands and voluntarily social distance to get the virus under control?!

From Professor Lockdown himself. Incredible.

Michael Levitt is right. These scientists should be put on trial for the massive damage and suffering they have caused.
[Reply]
Donger 09:46 AM 07-26-2020
No. There is no evidence all of this did anything at all.

As an example, Neil Ferguson when asked how his model when applied to Sweden could be so off since they did not close businesses, close schools or wear masks said they did achieve mitigation.

Throught voluntary social distancing!!

The emperor has no clothes here folks. All we had to do was was wash our hands and voluntarily social distance to get the virus under control?!

From Professor Lockdown himself. Incredible.

Michael Levitt is right. These scientists should be put on trial for the massive damage and suffering they have caused.
There's no evidence that all of this did anything. I presume that you mean our mitigation efforts?

If so, that's just silly.

And, it can be demonstrated that the 100,000 to 240,000 dead estimate was and is accurate, and it was made in March. DaFace proved that long ago. You can deny that fact because you apparently think we shouldn't have taken the efforts we did, but again, it's just willful ignorance.

As to the rest, just a bunch of hyperbolic and unreasonable tripe.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:54 AM 07-26-2020
There's no evidence that all of this did anything. I presume that you mean our mitigation efforts?

If so, that's just silly.

And, it can be demonstrated that the 100,000 to 240,000 dead estimate was and is accurate, and it was made in March. DaFace proved that long ago. You can deny that fact because you apparently think we shouldn't have taken the efforts we did, but again, it's just willful ignorance.

As to the rest, just a bunch of hyperbolic and unreasonable tripe.
Michael Levitt also made a prediction. That the virus would cause 1 month excess death. The Doomers and Neil Ferguson, Royal Society said 1 year excess deaths.

We can look at Sweden and see the Doomers/ Lockdowners were dead wrong.
[Reply]
Donger 10:02 AM 07-26-2020
Michael Levitt also made a prediction. That the virus would cause 1 month excess death. The Doomers and Neil Ferguson, Royal Society said 1 year excess deaths.

We can look at Sweden and see the Doomers/ Lockdowners were dead wrong.
Actually, as you can see, he was completely wrong in his March prediction regarding the USA.

I'm not sure why you are attempting to hold up Sweden as a successful response to the pandemic:

More than 5,500 people have died with Covid-19 in this country of just 10 million. It is one of the highest death rates relative to population size in Europe, and by far the worst among the Nordic nations. Unlike Sweden, the rest all chose to lock down early in the pandemic.

They now (and have for a while) more stringent mitigation efforts than their neighbors, and guess what. Their cases dropped.

I get you have an opinion and an agenda, but to just ignore facts that you don't like just makes you look like an agenda-driven fool.
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 10:14 AM 07-26-2020
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/26/polit...ntv/index.html
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:29 AM 07-26-2020
Actually, as you can see, he was completely wrong in his March prediction regarding the USA.

I'm not sure why you are attempting to hold up Sweden as a successful response to the pandemic:

More than 5,500 people have died with Covid-19 in this country of just 10 million. It is one of the highest death rates relative to population size in Europe, and by far the worst among the Nordic nations. Unlike Sweden, the rest all chose to lock down early in the pandemic.

They now (and have for a while) more stringent mitigation efforts than their neighbors, and guess what. Their cases dropped.

I get you have an opinion and an agenda, but to just ignore facts that you don't like just makes you look like an agenda-driven fool

Projection!

Of course you changed the subject because you cannot explain why 100,000 are not dead without lockdown.
[Reply]
Page 2715 of 3903
« First < 1715221526152665270527112712271327142715 271627172718271927252765281532153715 > Last »
Up