ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 90 of 295
« First < 40808687888990 91929394100140190 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:27 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by Warrick:
Clyde Edwards Helaire Scouting Report | Kansas City Chiefs RB |

https://youtu.be/bBTfs0TzrrM

[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:33 AM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by Warrick:
Clyde Edwards Helaire Scouting Report | Kansas City Chiefs RB |

https://youtu.be/bBTfs0TzrrM

Could & will rewatch again.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:54 AM 07-01-2020
Another great breakdown.

https://youtu.be/T5qxZHX9UHI
[Reply]
New World Order 04:03 AM 07-01-2020
31.3 YPC against Arkansas :-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 12:00 PM 07-01-2020
Helaire is Sproles with more power. Quickness of feet is equal to Sproles. Helaire to me is a poor man's version of Sanders and that is saying a lot. IF we have a season of football it will be fun watching this guy for sure.:-)
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:11 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Helaire is Sproles with more power. Quickness of feet is equal to Sproles. Helaire to me is a poor man's version of Sanders and that is saying a lot. IF we have a season of football it will be fun watching this guy for sure.:-)
When you call someone a "poor man's version" of something- that is pretty much an insult. It means you are a cheap copy of the original

Sanders never drug guys five yards into the endzone. CEH is the best version of himself, not a copy.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 12:22 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Another great breakdown.

https://youtu.be/T5qxZHX9UHI
The commentator said CEH ran a 4.6 comparing him to MJD who was a 4.3 guy.

Doesn't matter because CEH has game speed and you see it on tape. Where he has spurts of 4.3 speed in the open where no one catches him. Not every RB has game speed.
[Reply]
Monticore 12:24 PM 07-01-2020
The commentator said CEH ran a 4.6 comparing him to MJD who was a 4.3 guy.

Doesn't matter because CEH has game speed and you see it on tape. Where he has spurts of 4.3 speed in the open where no one catches him. Not every RB has game speed.
Wasn’t he injured or not 100% when he ran his 40? Hunt isn’t a burner either but both have great initial burst .
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 12:32 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
When you call someone a "poor man's version" of something- that is pretty much an insult. It means you are a cheap copy of the original

Sanders never drug guys five yards into the endzone. CEH is the best version of himself, not a copy.
Not an insult at all and why I said "that say's a lot" meaning it's a huge compliment. Sorry for the misunderstanding. BTW Sanders DID drag people because he had great power. Just saying. And I think CEH has great power as well and he has the NASTINESS about him that I like to see when contact is made.:-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 12:36 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Wasn’t he injured or not 100% when he ran his 40? Hunt isn’t a burner either but both have great initial burst .
Don't know about the injury i.e. to CEH. Yes, Hunt has great powerful burst but he can be caught from behind whereas when you look at CEH once he is in the open he is gone. Terrell Davis was a 4.6 guy but once he got in the open he was gone and boy don't we remember those days. Not comparing CEH to TD at all except for "game speed".
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:39 PM 07-01-2020
There were lots of comments about how CEH was broken down during his 40. He's faster than that 4.6 for sure.

I would be completely shocked if he wasn't faster than Hunt. He's certainly quicker.

Vision and elusiveness are way more important than homerun speed anyway. See: Knile Davis
[Reply]
Halfcan 03:58 PM 07-01-2020
Not an insult at all and why I said "that say's a lot" meaning it's a huge compliment. Sorry for the misunderstanding. BTW Sanders DID drag people because he had great power. Just saying. And I think CEH has great power as well and he has the NASTINESS about him that I like to see when contact is made.:-)
Great post!

It has been so long since Sanders played, but I don't ever remember him dragging guys. Juking them out of their jocks yes, but he took a lot of runs for losses because of shitty blocking and not breaking tackles. It is hard to put his career in perspective since the Lions were so bad. Teams did try and stack the box, but he still burned them for long TD's. Amazing talent.

CEH plays more like Emmit or MJD imo, who did have deceptive power when the defense attacked them too high in the pads.

If CEH has a career even close to any of these guys- I think we will be very happy. I think the Chiefs have big plans for him.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:38 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Yes. Very much so. He KNEW he was injured and KNEW he was going to have a slow time. He was a warrior anyway. It hurt him, but it absolutely helped him fall to us.

He's not a 4.6 guy. I don't really care what he is, but he's easily faster than that.

Edit: He was a 4.47 guy coming out of HS. I doubt he's slower now.
[Reply]
BossChief 06:49 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Great post!

It has been so long since Sanders played, but I don't ever remember him dragging guys. Juking them out of their jocks yes, but he took a lot of runs for losses because of shitty blocking and not breaking tackles. It is hard to put his career in perspective since the Lions were so bad. Teams did try and stack the box, but he still burned them for long TD's. Amazing talent.

CEH plays more like Emmit or MJD imo, who did have deceptive power when the defense attacked them too high in the pads.

If CEH has a career even close to any of these guys- I think we will be very happy. I think the Chiefs have big plans for him.
The Emmitt comparisons are very close imo. I see CEH and Hunt as very similar players and when I watched Hunt in college (YouTube games) I saw a bigger bodied Emmitt and I saw similar talents on display with CEH when watching games of his before drafting him in the CP mock. CEH is a better receiver but they have similar vision, running styles and contact balance. Faulk is also a good comparison, style wise.

By the quarter season mark, there will be discussions about what teams have a chance at beating us and who will give CEH a run for the OROTY trophy...maybe even ROTY.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:54 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Yes. Very much so. He KNEW he was injured and KNEW he was going to have a slow time. He was a warrior anyway. It hurt him, but it absolutely helped him fall to us.

He's not a 4.6 guy. I don't really care what he is, but he's easily faster than that.

Edit: He was a 4.47 guy coming out of HS. I doubt he's slower now.
He definitely looks faster than 4.6 on tape.
[Reply]
Page 90 of 295
« First < 40808687888990 91929394100140190 > Last »
Up