ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 17
« First < 61213141516 17 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Owners approve new CBA
ShowtimeSBMVP 03:09 PM 02-20-2020

Here is the memo that the NFL has accepted the terms of the new proposed CBA: pic.twitter.com/yRYZc3anSB

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) February 20, 2020

[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 02:51 PM 02-21-2020

Sources say they hope they can continue to negotiate. We’ll see what the league has to say. https://t.co/obWVe1Yeo7

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) February 21, 2020

[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 03:03 PM 02-21-2020

As @DanGrazianoESPN notes, the players hope to be able to go back to the owners and continue negotiations. But one owner said “they won’t”. https://t.co/0m0x4J9LEP

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) February 21, 2020

[Reply]
Kellerfox 03:15 PM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:

Russell Okungs twitter page is literally full of all sorts of stuff about how the NFL does everything possible to fuck them...interesting from a player rep.
While I would tend to advocate more towards the players than the owners, that first tweet really rubs me the wrong way. It's not just the owners on one side of the equation, it's thousands and thousands of staff members who are paid from the owners pocket. From the water girl, to video staff, to marketing, to ticketing agents, to coaches, and doctors, nutritionists, to parking lot attendants, to concession workers, to sweat shop labor children in Vietnam making jerseys. Ultimately, the number of individuals supported by owners revenue stake may be in the tens of thousands.

Idk, that tweet really rustled my jimmies for some reason.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:35 PM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by Kellerfox:
While I would tend to advocate more towards the players than the owners, that first tweet really rubs me the wrong way. It's not just the owners on one side of the equation, it's thousands and thousands of staff members who are paid from the owners pocket. From the water girl, to video staff, to marketing, to ticketing agents, to coaches, and doctors, nutritionists, to parking lot attendants, to concession workers, to sweat shop labor children in Vietnam making jerseys. Ultimately, the number of individuals supported by owners revenue stake may be in the tens of thousands.

Idk, that tweet really rustled my jimmies for some reason.
Yeah, it's got to be really difficult for each NFL owner to pay for all of those people when each team's gross revenue is only $180,375,000 dollars from the current TV contract.

I really feel for their plight. It must keep them up at night trying to figure out how they're going to pay for concession workers with that little amount of money.

Martyrs, all 32 of them.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 03:42 PM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Yeah, it's got to be really difficult for each NFL owner to pay for all of those people when each team's gross revenue is only $180,375,000 dollars from the current TV contract.

I really feel for their plight. It must keep them up at night trying to figure out how they're going to pay for concession workers with that little amount of money.

Martyrs, all 32 of them.
Lol
You know how it is bro. Mo money, Mo problems :-)
[Reply]
LoneWolf 04:28 PM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

Martyrs, all 32 of them.
What's their net profit after paying all the expenses (player's salaries included), taxes, and insurance? Do you think the players should get a larger share of the revenue than the owners?
[Reply]
BlackOp 04:40 PM 02-21-2020
What happens to NFL records when a 17 game season begins?
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 04:57 PM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
What happens to NFL records when a 17 game season begins?
Infinity
[Reply]
DrRyan 04:59 PM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by MOhillbilly:
I doubt if the NFLPA agrees to the new cba.
They shouldn't. NFLPA is hands down the weakest union of the 4 major spots. Their big "win" last time was getting less padded practices. This time I expect the owners agree to stop testing for marijuana and that is the latest "big win."

The players are so short sighted. They really should take it to a work stoppage to actually get a bigger % of revenue, legit lifetime healthcare for vested veterans and guaranteed contracts. No one comes to the stadium to see the owners sit in their box. The owners will win this CBA negotiation as they always do. The players will always cave before getting anything of real value.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 05:10 PM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by DrRyan:
They shouldn't. NFLPA is hands down the weakest union of the 4 major spots. Their big "win" last time was getting less padded practices. This time I expect the owners agree to stop testing for marijuana and that is the latest "big win."

The players are so short sighted. They really should take it to a work stoppage to actually get a bigger % of revenue, legit lifetime healthcare for vested veterans and guaranteed contracts. No one comes to the stadium to see the owners sit in their box. The owners will win this CBA negotiation as they always do. The players will always cave before getting anything of real value.
They never tested for Marijuana to begin with. It's been used as a under the table pain killer since the 1960s. They just use it as story when they want people gone.
[Reply]
DrRyan 05:14 PM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
They never tested for Marijuana to begin with. It's been used as a under the table pain killer since the 1960s. They just use it as story when they want people gone.
I would love to know where you get this info verified from. Every single other source says they test for it...

I'm going to use your red rep label to assume you have no idea what you are talking about.
[Reply]
dlphg9 05:23 PM 02-21-2020
I would love to know where you get this info verified from. Every single other source says they test for it...

I'm going to use your red rep label to assume you have no idea what you are talking about.
You'll have to excuse him. He's mentally retarded
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 06:00 PM 02-21-2020

What you're saying is you get your info by believing words on a page that you can't prove first hand. A rep bar has nothing to do with whether truth is spoken or not. Just means group think doesn't like it. Doesn't prove it wrong. Verified=you need to be told what to think.
You need approval. They've given them all sorts of pain killers for decades. Obviously weed is no different.
I've talked to a few hotel people and a strip club owner from the 70s, till know. Teams have entire floors and you can smell the weed all over the place. They obviously were never hiding it. In North Dallas 40, they show the jock smoking weed the morning after a game. The league knows.its always known. They accept and promote it withing their fence of trust and disclosure agreements in contracts.
[Reply]
DRM08 06:20 PM 02-21-2020

Their careers are shorter than other sports. They can’t afford a work stoppage and the owners use this as permanent leverage on the players union.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:31 PM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
What's their net profit after paying all the expenses (player's salaries included), taxes, and insurance? Do you think the players should get a larger share of the revenue than the owners?
First off, I based that figure on the current CBA and TV contracts.

$11 Billion x .52/32, for a total of $180 million and change for each team. That number does not include stadium revenue, ticket revenue nor team memorabilia, which is the only income not shared between all 32 teams.

Secondly, I have no idea what their Net Profit would be because I don't have access to their entire revenue stream nor expenses. I'd wager to guess they have plenty left over after paying their employees and insurance.

Lastly, I do not believe, at this point in time, that the players should have a higher percentage of Gross Revenues, even though those gross revenues are not shared with anyone outside of the NFL. I think a 51/49 split, Owners to Players or 50/50 would certainly be agreeable.

52/48, when the financials are closed to everyone outside of each organization, is bunk, IMNSHO.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 17
« First < 61213141516 17 >
Up