ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 129 of 2693
« First < 2979119125126127128129 1301311321331391792296291129 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 06:25 PM 05-07-2017
Originally Posted by penchief:
I've been reading all the Mahomes threads and soaking up every Mahomes video and breakdown I can find. I have been a die-hard chiefs fan since Christmas day, 1971. I have hung on every game year in and year out. I haven't missed a single round of the draft since they've been televised.

I am 100% sold on Patrick Mahomes. I don't think I've ever been this excited about a player. He has "it." It seems to me like it should be obvious. It is strange to me that these threads have become contentious.

The criticisms about poor decisions and bad footwork are fair observations. But I think there is a level of context being omitted. He is deadly accurate even when he is slinging it side-arm off his back foot. Mostly this occurs when he is on the run or under pressure. He has at times shown good mechanics when passing from a clean pocket.

I also see a kid who is the complete package. Every interview I see he seems smart and well-spoken. His college videos show a leader on the field and a fierce competitor. It's clear to me he loves to play football. I have no doubt he will put in the necessary work to improve his mechanics. I believe he has star potential and I think we got a steal even at the price we paid.

I am grateful to Alex Smith for his contribution in changing the culture of the team. He is a consummate professional and someone Mahomes can learn from. But anyone who watches 15 minutes of Mahomes highlights should be able to recognize that there is no comparison.

Mahomes should start as soon as Andy thinks he is ready. It doesn't matter to me when that is. From what I've seen the sky is the limit. He has it all. And I am so excited for the future.
Highlight vids don't tell the whole story, this is why people have been fooled by Murray , Geno, Daniel and Bray. Mahomes has huge potential, is coachable, and loves the game... But one only has the watch the Iowa State game to realize he is far from luck, Newton, Smith, Rodgers, Manning, Brady coming out of college. And this is film against inferior competition
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:33 PM 05-07-2017
Ladies and gentlemen, if you want to know what a troll post looks like, THAT is a troll post.

It's so sublimely stupid and inaccurate that there's no way it's NOT a troll post.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:35 PM 05-07-2017
He's not even trolling. He's just a dipshit that wishes Alex Smith could be a starting QB in the NFL until he's 45.
[Reply]
penchief 06:35 PM 05-07-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Highlight vids don't tell the whole story, this is why people have been fooled by Murray , Geno, Daniel and Bray. Mahomes has huge potential, is coachable, and loves the game... But one only has the watch the Iowa State game to realize he is far from luck, Newton, Smith, Rodgers, Manning, Brady coming out of college. And this is film against inferior competition
Dude, you don't have to school me on the value of highlight videos. I am well aware of what they offer and don't offer. Even a pretentious ass should be able to watch clips of both Mahomes and Smith and recognize that there is no comparison.

Smith is game manager with limited field vision and a reluctance to take chances even when necessary. Mahomes has a special arm with amazing accuracy and excellent field vision. No comparison.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:36 PM 05-07-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Ladies and gentlemen, if you want to know what a troll post looks like, THAT is a troll post.

It's so sublimely stupid and inaccurate that there's no way it's NOT a troll post.
Yup.

C'mon mods. Give us our thread without Tiger and the 49er trash. Real Chiefs fans on this site deserve it.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:46 PM 05-07-2017
Originally Posted by Dante84:

Thanks Dante.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:49 PM 05-07-2017
Originally Posted by penchief:
Even a pretentious ass should be able to watch clips of both Mahomes and Smith and recognize that there is no comparison.

Smith is game manager with limited field vision and a reluctance to take chances even when necessary. Mahomes has a special arm with amazing accuracy and excellent field vision. No comparison.
As right as this post is, Tigger might just be that ignorant.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:52 PM 05-07-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
He's not even trolling. He's just a dipshit that wishes Alex Smith could be a starting QB in the NFL until he's 45.
He states that people were fooled by Chase Daniel (I mean... fucking WHAT?) and that Newton, Rodgers, Smith, and Brady were about as close to consensus great QB prospects as you could get.

He could be that dumb. If he's not, he needs a timeout in the Romper Room. I think he's trolling. I hope he's trolling. I hope nobody is that fucking stupid.
[Reply]
-King- 06:52 PM 05-07-2017
Originally Posted by Coogs:
From Reid's comments, it is already apparent Mahoms biggest hurdle is understanding the playbook, and not the footwork/mechanics. If Mahomes can handle the playbook by August, then I hope this TC becomes a competition for the starting position. It does not seem out of the question Mahomes might just be able to pull that off.

And, yes, I know everyone up at Arrowhead is saying this is Smith's job in 17. They really don't have much choice in May. August is 3 months away. Much could change by that point.

Everyone knows what you are getting with Smith. Mahomes appears to be enough of a competitor to make this interseting by August. August of 2017.
There is 0% chance Mahomes plays in 2017.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Coogs 06:56 PM 05-07-2017
Originally Posted by -King-:
Posted via Mobile Device
Not according to Grunhard. Grunhard says he is the backup.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:56 PM 05-07-2017
Posted via Mobile Device
If this team is 5-8 in December, Mahomes will play..
[Reply]
rydogg58 07:02 PM 05-07-2017
Posted via Mobile Device
I wouldn't put that number at 0%. Maybe 2%. While it's highly unlikely, I could foresee a scenario where if Alex sustains another concussion that the coaches put him in.

I'm sure he'll see some reps in preseason.

A 0% chance of him playing would be a scenario where Alex and the offense are beating the other team so soundly that Andy throws the scrubs in for mop-up duty. We know that ain't happening.
[Reply]
DRM08 07:12 PM 05-07-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Entire team played like crap in that game including the offensive line. Backup QB got his ass kicked as well.

I wouldn't bring up Tom Brady given the fact he got drafted in the 6th round, which means even the team that picked him passed on him 5 times.
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:14 PM 05-07-2017
Tigger can put up or shut up. If Mahomes isn't the starter by Week 1 of 2018....I'll leave for 6 months. If he is the starter.....then Tigger leaves for 6 months. Use of a mult after leaving reaulta in a permanent ban from CP.
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 07:14 PM 05-07-2017
How can someome be so obsessed with a below average to average player that they follow said average player to another team? That's like creepy stalker level shit right there. Beyond football probably. Really, to be honest, it's fucking weird.
[Reply]
Page 129 of 2693
« First < 2979119125126127128129 1301311321331391792296291129 > Last »
Up