ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 59
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Rebels
keg in kc 12:44 PM 05-20-2013
And here's our replacement for Clone Wars. Coming to Disney XD in fall 2014. Bridges the gap between Eps 3 and 4. Looks...very cool. Conceptually.

Bit more detail:
Originally Posted by Entertainment Weekly:
Star Wars Rebels, a one-hour animated pilot already in production at Lucasfilm, is scheduled to premiere in Fall 2014 on the Disney Channel before the new brand leaps to Disney XD for the ongoing series, according to Lucasfilm sources.

The series will mine material from the 19 years that follow Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and precede the Episode IV: A New Hope. In other words, using the life of the Skywalker twins as a measure, the series will be active in the story years that come after their separation as newborns and before their (unwitting) reunion on the prison level of the Death Star.

No word on whether the show will feature Darth Vader (who would be in the Empire’s power consolidation years and earning his reputation) or even pull in a character like Han Solo, the smuggler and cynic who becomes an unlikely freedom fighter when he opts to stand with his friends against cosmic odds. The title of the show is vaguely phrased in a way that any rebel — even a Boba Fett or Ahsoka Tano might qualify as a title character merely by walking an outsider’s path.

The series has three executive producers: Dave Filoni, the point man on The Clone Wars animated series that launched in 2008; screenwriter and producer Simon Kinberg, who has a flair for tonal rewiring and energizing familiar brands with new edge (e.g.: X-Men: First Class, Sherlock Holmes); and Greg Weisman, whose credits include well-regarded work on Young Justice and The Spectacular Spider-Man.

link

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:58 PM 02-27-2015
Originally Posted by Silock:
The story of the Tartakovsky series is so good, you won't even notice it.
I'll check it out.

I watched the very first episode of The Clone Wars series last night and was really shocked at how great it looked, the story and the voice acting. And even more shocking is that people have said that the seasons actually improve, which is awesome.

Now I finally understand why some people were negative about Rebels because it didn't start out nearly as strong as TCW, although the last four episodes have been awesome.
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:57 PM 02-27-2015
It was the pilot movie for Clone Wars that was so bad.

Much like with Rebels first season, part of the reason that show got better was that it got more mature and moved on from some of the sillier aspects. Sort of like thank god the slingshot and graffiti grenades went away.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:34 PM 03-02-2015
Well, quite a Season 1 finale.

It seems to me that the Star Wars Galaxy has just been turned upside its ear.

To me, that's a good thing.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:45 PM 03-02-2015
Does Ahsoka know Vader's identity?
[Reply]
Silock 01:21 AM 03-03-2015
Ahsoka! FUCK YES! I almost cheered out loud.

I doubt she does. She was gone before he turned.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:23 AM 03-03-2015
I just can't believe Clay's wish came true.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:46 AM 03-03-2015
HOLY FUCK that was incredible.

Spoiler!

VADER!!!!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

FANBOY SQUEE!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:48 AM 03-03-2015
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Does Ahsoka know Vader's identity?
No way she can.

The series is set up now to have Vader kill the three Jedi. Last episode, Ahsoka learns who Vader is. And then he kills her. :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:49 AM 03-03-2015
Vader's red lenses were a nod to the OT.

So cool.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:56 AM 03-03-2015
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Vader's red lenses were a nod to the OT.

So cool.
Yep.

And I loved this:

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:58 AM 03-03-2015
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:10 AM 03-03-2015
Originally Posted by Numbah One:
Yep.

And I loved this:

Filoni and Kinberg get it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:13 AM 03-03-2015
They sure do.

If Episode VII has any of the same creative spark in this show, it will kill.
[Reply]
Silock 02:22 AM 03-03-2015
Originally Posted by Numbah One:
Yep.

And I loved this:

What am I missing here?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:23 AM 03-03-2015
Originally Posted by Silock:
What am I missing here?

[Reply]
Page 15 of 59