ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Vaccine(s) coming mid-December...
I'll be the first in line if possible 91 37.76%
I'll get one but I'll wait a month or two to see who croaks 56 23.24%
Like any software or game system, never take 1.0... I'll wait until summer 30 12.45%
If no one's dead by next Thanksgiving, count me in 18 7.47%
No. ****ing. Way. 46 19.09%
Voters: 241. You may not vote on this poll
Page 6 of 38
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Will you take the vaccine?
JD10367 03:40 PM 11-23-2020
I don't think this needs to go to DC because it's an apolitical question, more about how much you trust Big Pharma.
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:15 PM 11-23-2020
It would really stink to go stand in line for it, and then catch Covid from standing in line.

But aside from that, yeah, I'll take it. I want to go back to my old life of arm wrestling in dive bars, paying extra for tongue at the kissing booths of neighborhood fundraisers, and sleeping in a tangle of muddy bodies at outdoor concerts.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 05:16 PM 11-23-2020
I'll get one when it is available for my demographic.

I'm not in a rush, not cutting in line in front of anyone. When it is available for old duffers, I will get it.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:20 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
YOU may believe you don't.

The people you interact with in society DO. Same thing with every other vaccination that's out there.
:-)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:33 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by candyman:
I wash and sanitize my hands PROFUSELY, probably excessively. I have no choice but to wear a mask everywhere I go. Even with a mask on if I have to cough/sneeze I turn my head and do it in my elbow out of habit. The people I interact with in society are at no risk from me, vaccine or not.

That’s right now. (And thanks for doing that stuff).

Once the vaccination is widely available and the mask orders are allowed to expire, are you going to wear a mask as part of your everyday life.

If you vaccinate, you protect practically everyone you come into contact with from you being an asymptomatic carrier. If you don’t, the only way to do that is to keep living your life in public like we have been.

Do you want to do that?

It isn’t just about the young and healthy on this. Like with any vaccine, it’s about preventing asymptomatic spread to the weakest among us (immune compromised, etc).

About accepting the vaccine as part of your compact with the civilization in which you live, to protect as many as possible from something generally preventable.
[Reply]
MahiMike 05:35 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by JD10367:
I don't think this needs to go to DC because it's an apolitical question.
:-)
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 05:43 PM 11-23-2020
I've had and new studies show you could be immune for a substantial period of time. I won't take it unless it is proven otherwise or you must have it for overseas travel, then my job would require it.
[Reply]
Spott 05:44 PM 11-23-2020
I’ve never had any adverse affects and am not allergic to any medications so I would probably get it when it comes out. I may not hurry up to get it because a lot of others are probably more susceptible to the virus than I am.
[Reply]
Donger 05:51 PM 11-23-2020

Once the vaccination is widely available and the mask orders are allowed to expire, are you going to wear a mask as part of your everyday life.

If you vaccinate, you protect practically everyone you come into contact with from you being an asymptomatic carrier. If you don’t, the only way to do that is to keep living your life in public like we have been.

Do you want to do that?

It isn’t just about the young and healthy on this. Like with any vaccine, it’s about preventing asymptomatic spread to the weakest among us (immune compromised, etc).

About accepting the vaccine as part of your compact with the civilization in which you live, to protect as many as possible from something generally preventable.
And I think that is the most important part for our folks to stress:

Once you get vaccinated and wait the requisite time for it to become effective (or whatever the correct terminology is), your masks become moot. Put them away for next time and go back to life as before.

Yes, the efficacy is not 100%, but I think that needs to be the pitch.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 06:05 PM 11-23-2020
The masking orders are permanent regardless of the efficacy of a SARSCov2 vaccine.

Dunno why people cannot grasp this.
[Reply]
candyman 06:08 PM 11-23-2020

Do you want to do that?

Pretty good points. But rather than expect the extremely overwhelming majority to vaccinate to protect the weak why don't we just require the weak minority to take extra precautions? Like I said before, the US Government has already pumped so much shit into my veins there's no telling what side-effects I may have down the road. It's really hard for me to convince myself to get yet another injection just to protect other people who in my opinion should be the ones protecting themselves...especially something that hasn't been around long enough to know about possible side-effects.
[Reply]
Donger 06:09 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
The masking orders are permanent regardless of the efficacy of a SARSCov2 vaccine.

Dunno why people cannot grasp this.
Bookmarked for future fun.
[Reply]
farmerchief 06:10 PM 11-23-2020
I’m 66, Farmer/Rancher, so don’t really come in contact with a lot of people on a daily basis. With that being said, I’ll take whatever vaccine is available, as soon as it is available. My wife is a schoolteacher, and.masks up everyday.
[Reply]
kc rush 06:11 PM 11-23-2020
Yes. I'm not too worried about myself, but I do have high risk people around me.

I'd rather be 95% around their 95% just to minimize risk.
[Reply]
stevieray 06:17 PM 11-23-2020
No.

Don't do flu shots, either.
[Reply]
loochy 06:20 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by candyman:
Pretty good points. But rather than expect the extremely overwhelming majority to vaccinate to protect the weak why don't we just require the weak minority to take extra precautions? Like I said before, the US Government has already pumped so much shit into my veins there's no telling what side-effects I may have down the road. It's really hard for me to convince myself to get yet another injection just to protect other people who in my opinion should be the ones protecting themselves...especially something that hasn't been around long enough to know about possible side-effects.
Because they can't protect themselves
[Reply]
Page 6 of 38
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up