ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 13
« First < 56789 10111213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Nick Allegretti Thread*****
Dante84 03:00 PM 04-27-2019

[Reply]
staylor26 03:51 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Hudson and Morse were 2nd round picks, I'd call that a high draft pick. I agree we don't need to use a first, but I also think the 2-4 range is the sweet spot for IOL talent.

I also don't agree that Reiter and Wylie have been fine. We need an upgrade on the inside.
We won a SB with them and are 9-1 this year with the #1 offense in the NFL. What is your definition of fine? I certainly agree we could/should upgrade as soon as possible, but unlike you I understand that we have other needs and they just likely don’t value the position enough to pass up on a WR, DE, or LB if it comes down to it.

You think it’s Madden and you can have studs that you’re 100% happy with at every position. It’s not.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 04:04 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
We won a SB with them and are 9-1 this year with the #1 offense in the NFL. What is your definition of fine? I certainly agree we could/should upgrade as soon as possible, but unlike you I understand that we have other needs and they just likely don’t value the position enough to pass up on a WR, DE, or LB if it comes down to it.

You think it’s Madden and you can have studs that you’re 100% happy with at every position. It’s not.
What you said doesn't necessarily negate what I said. I said the sweet spot is rds 2-4. With an extra pick likely in rounds 3 & 4 it should be easy to fit a C/G in there while still using our 1st on a DE and more help at WR, DE, CB, etc. early on.

I'm not even asking for a stud on the interior, just some guys who aren't pushovers like Reiter and Wylie are. I'm also of the opinion that Schwartz probably isn't around much longer, and while hopefully Niang steps in for him, he's probably not going to play at the same level as Schwartz in his prime. We're going need improvement elsewhere on the OL to make up for the dropoff there.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:05 PM 11-23-2020
Luckily Reid shits out OL like the Shanahan's shit out RB's.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:22 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
He's played well. I think he, and others, make the argument that the Chiefs don't necessarily need to invest high picks on IOL. The Chiefs know how to identify and develop these guys.
I'm coming around to the idea. Earlier in the season I was a bit worried and starting to think we needed to invest heavily in the OL, but Mahomes and Reid are great deodorants. We've been one of the best offenses of all time for the last three seasons while rotating a bunch of replacement level guys on the interior.

With Watkins potentially leaving, DRob needing to be replaced/improved, Keizer needing to be euthanized, we can pretty much just go BPA.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:23 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Luckily Reid shits out OL like the Shanahan's shit out RB's.
Patrick Mahomes has been sacked 12 times in 10 games yet if you only get your information from Chiefsplanet, you'd think the Chiefs lead the league in sacks taken.

The Chiefs also lead the league in scoring and are 2 yards behind Arizona for #1 in total offensive yardage.
[Reply]
Hoover 04:24 PM 11-23-2020
The development of Allegretti goes a long way in fixing the line. And I love the fact that Fisher has played so well next to him. And while the Chiefs have a knack of drafting guys in the mid and lower rounds and getting solid players. Let's be honest, those players sit and learn for a year before earning their spots. And as a resident O-Line homer, I don't want the Chiefs to go crazy and spend a bunch of high draft picks on the line. But as mentioned above, we need a Center badly. And it would make go a LONG way in improving the entire line play. I think Niang is a great prospect. And hell, I'm high on Darryl Williams too. Regardless, I'd spend a 2nd or third rounder on an offensive linemen if there was a guy I wanted at a position of need.

Look, we can debate this all we want, but if Veach is sold on Niang, Williams, and we get LDT back for a year, then all you defensive homers will probably get your wish.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:24 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Patrick Mahomes has been sacked 12 times in 10 games yet if you only get your information from Chiefsplanet, you'd think the Chiefs lead the league in sacks taken.

The Chiefs also lead the league in scoring and are 2 yards behind Arizona for #1 in total offensive yardage.
Exactly.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:31 PM 11-23-2020

Yeah, but that's mostly because Mahomes is a wizard. Alex Smith or probably 20 other starting QBs behind this same OL would have taken 25-30 sacks by now.
[Reply]
gonefishin53 04:40 PM 11-23-2020
When Rankin and Schwartz return, an Oline of Fisher, Rankin, Allegretti, Remmers, and Schwartz would protect Mahomes better and produce better results on interior runs, imo. Allegretti was drafted for the center position because Veatch liked how he performed at the position in the East/West Shrine game. It would be helpful in draft prep if he could lock down the position in the remaining regular season games.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:41 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Yeah, but that's mostly because Mahomes is a wizard. Alex Smith or probably 20 other starting QBs behind this same OL would have taken 25-30 sacks by now.
But that’s kind of the point. Mahomes is our QB, not Alex Smith. We don’t need to invest high picks on the OL as long as he’s our QB.

That doesn’t mean you don’t ever do it, just that you don’t have to. If Creed Humphrey is there at 29-32, he might be BPA. If Wyatt Davis somehow fell to our pick, I’d probably be the first to pound the table for him.

At the same time, I fully expect the Chiefs to value WR, DE, or LB more.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:47 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
But that’s kind of the point. Mahomes is our QB, not Alex Smith. We don’t need to invest high picks on the OL as long as he’s our QB.

That doesn’t mean you don’t ever do it, just that you don’t have to. If Creed Humphrey is there at 29-32, he might be BPA. If Wyatt Davis somehow fell to our pick, I’d probably be the first to pound the table for him.

At the same time, I fully expect the Chiefs to value WR, DE, or LB more.
I already agreed with the overall point, but I recognize that pointing to sack totals isn't necessarily indicative of OL play. Mahomes masks a lot of their issues.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:49 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by gonefishin53:
When Rankin and Schwartz return, an Oline of Fisher, Rankin, Allegretti, Remmers, and Schwartz would protect Mahomes better and produce better results on interior runs, imo. Allegretti was drafted for the center position because Veatch liked how he performed at the position in the East/West Shrine game. It would be helpful in draft prep if he could lock down the position in the remaining regular season games.
It would be helpful, but now's not the time to fuck around with that shit.

The Chiefs know what he can and can't do. If they decide to look to him as the starting C next year, they can probably make that move with confidence. And if it doesn't work out (or if Allegretti gets hurt), it's not like they're not going to have backup options.

We'll be fine.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:01 PM 11-23-2020
I'm a fan and hope he can lock in a spot be it center or guard

I'll gladly trade a little pass pro ability for some brutish nastiness, and this big mob muscle looking mfer seems to have that in spades
[Reply]
jerryaldini 06:18 PM 11-23-2020
I find it amazing how plug and play the Oline has been. We out rushed the Raiders last night. Haven't really noticed a drop off since Osemele went down. Guess we should just trust that Reid and Bert probably know what they're doing.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:27 PM 11-23-2020

That doesn’t take everything into context. Last night we ran the Alex Smith gameplan bc our original gameplan did not work as well against the controlled rush.

We did a ton of quick passes, RPO’s, runs and some screens.

OL will always look better that way, however our long drives drained the Raider defense by the 4th quarter which is why Pat had forever to throw the ball on that last drive.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 13
« First < 56789 10111213 >
Up