ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 42
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Media Center>Stranger Things (Netflix)...
unlurking 09:25 AM 06-10-2016
This looks great...

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:42 PM 09-12-2016
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Burned through this this weekend with the wife and we both loved it. I was 17 in 1983 and all the nostalgia stuff really resonated with me -- I think only Freaks and Geeks did as good a job of capturing that time. And what's funny is the Duffer Brothers weren't even born yet in 83.
Such a shame Freaks only got 1 season. All the shit shows NBC greenlighted and they nope on that :-)
[Reply]
siberian khatru 12:45 PM 09-12-2016
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Such a shame Freaks only got 1 season. All the shit shows FOX greenlighted and they nope on that :-)
Freaks and Geeks was on NBC. :-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:48 PM 09-12-2016
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Freaks and Geeks was on NBC. :-)
Fixed :-)
[Reply]
siberian khatru 12:57 PM 09-12-2016
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Fixed :-)
That's OK, Fox deserves plenty of brickbats for its egregious mistakes (Firefly, Arrested Development, etc.).
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 08:35 PM 09-12-2016
could have been a couple episodes shorter (cut out the bullying subplot and Nancy's dumb high school boyfriend's friends subplot and you get the same show except better and more concise)

also, was there actually a point of Nancy & Friends trapping the monster and lighting it on fire? Seemed to have zero effect and essentially pointless... wanted to tear my ears out after the "NAAAAANCY??? NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANCY! NAANCYYYY!!!" scene

I'm also a little disappointed to hear that they're continuing the next season with the same characters and stuff, I really hope that isn't the case. It ended perfect as it is so they should have done it like True Detective where it's in the same "universe" but with different characters with ambiguously related events and maybe bring back some of the characters in a following season or something
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:39 PM 09-12-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
This was pretty entertaining.

What was Lucas saying at 1:08. I thought he was channeling Jordy.

[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 12:50 PM 09-14-2016
Pretty entertaining...

[Reply]
listopencil 01:51 PM 09-14-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Pretty entertaining...

Millie Bobby Brown is cute as a button.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 02:53 PM 09-14-2016

[Reply]
Hamwallet 03:03 PM 09-15-2016
Originally Posted by Ragged Robin:
could have been a couple episodes shorter (cut out the bullying subplot and Nancy's dumb high school boyfriend's friends subplot and you get the same show except better and more concise)

also, was there actually a point of Nancy & Friends trapping the monster and lighting it on fire? Seemed to have zero effect and essentially pointless... wanted to tear my ears out after the "NAAAAANCY??? NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANCY! NAANCYYYY!!!" scene

I'm also a little disappointed to hear that they're continuing the next season with the same characters and stuff, I really hope that isn't the case. It ended perfect as it is so they should have done it like True Detective where it's in the same "universe" but with different characters with ambiguously related events and maybe bring back some of the characters in a following season or something
There was a point of trapping the monster. It was not in the upside down when they where looking for the kid in the upside down.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:39 PM 09-17-2016
Watched the first 2.5 episodes, thought it was boring and predictable.

Checked Wikipedia and yep, as expected.

The performances were excellent but once again, the story was blah.

Happy for those who enjoyed it.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 10:47 PM 09-17-2016
The performances were great. They were enough to make it very enjoyable. It's not as good as The Getdown because of the story, but still very fun.
[Reply]
Silock 12:16 AM 09-18-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Watched the first 2.5 episodes, thought it was boring and predictable.

Checked Wikipedia and yep, as expected.

The performances were excellent but once again, the story was blah.

Happy for those who enjoyed it.
This is one of those "Journey, not destination" shows for me. I loved watching the performances far more than I cared about the story.

Hopper, Eleven, Dustin, Lucas . . . all so good.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:11 AM 09-18-2016
Originally Posted by Silock:
This is one of those "Journey, not destination" shows for me. I loved watching the performances far more than I cared about the story.

Hopper, Eleven, Dustin, Lucas . . . all so good.
Yeah I will watch TV shows for the performances, directing and just overall production value even though the story has been told before or not that strong. Sons of Anarchy, Ray Donovan come to mind.
[Reply]
underEJ 11:11 AM 09-19-2016
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Yeah I will watch TV shows for the performances, directing and just overall production value even though the story has been told before or not that strong. Sons of Anarchy, Ray Donovan come to mind.
I think Ray Donovan is incredibly undervalued. Even with a show runner change it has maintained its darkness. That is no anti-hero story. It is something very different. There is a reason that show attracts top actors into very small roles. It is a very open canvas for them.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 42
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up