ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 57 of 173
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107157 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
Gadzooks 07:08 PM 10-05-2015
Get your ass in there and bleed all over their stuff. I'm sure they'll be happy to figure out the problem post-haste.:-)
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 07:12 PM 10-05-2015
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
Get your ass in there and bleed all over their stuff. I'm sure they'll be happy to figure out the problem post-haste.:-)
All I have to do is blow my nose as I did earlier, and 7 of the little blisters burst. I have dried blood spots all over my nose now.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 09:33 AM 10-06-2015
I guess I got some good news today. My hideous rash is a good thing, the doc said. She said people who get the worst rashes, and I am one, tend to live longer due to the effectiveness of the treatment in my bloodstream. I am going to start on prednisone today in addition to the other stuff I am on. I am not getting the treatment that gives me the rash today, but it will still be on me for a month or more. I will be getting the new chemo that made me puke the day after, though. I am prepared with strategically placed raaaalf buckets in the house.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:40 AM 10-06-2015
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
I guess I got some good news today. My hideous rash is a good thing, the doc said. She said people who get the worst rashes, and I am one, tend to live longer due to the effectiveness of the treatment in my bloodstream. I am going to start on prednisone today in addition to the other stuff I am on. I am not getting the treatment that gives me the rash today, but it will still be on me for a month or more. I will be getting the new chemo that made me puke the day after, though. I am prepared with strategically placed raaaalf buckets in the house.
Woot, F'n WOOT!
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:24 AM 10-06-2015
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
Glad your shitty rash is good news.

You're so damn inspirational, Ed. There is no way I'd want to cook a huge meal after chemo. Keep fighting and kicking ass. Get that Viking a sharpening stone for that battle axe.
[Reply]
Meatloaf 10:25 AM 10-06-2015
Yes, that does sound like good news, Ed. Lost the blister battle, but winning the war!!! You are a strong man. Can you play QB?
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 11:57 AM 10-06-2015
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Glad your shitty rash is good news.

You're so damn inspirational, Ed. There is no way I'd want to cook a huge meal after chemo. Keep fighting and kicking ass. Get that Viking a sharpening stone for that battle axe.
Well, I did get the red cabbage done yesterday, so I am head of the game already. I am hungry for the big dinner I am planning, so I have to cook it up. If I start lagging, I will just imagine Gordon Ramsey coming and yelling at me, then I should be back on track!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 11:59 AM 10-06-2015
Originally Posted by Meatloaf:
Yes, that does sound like good news, Ed. Lost the blister battle, but winning the war!!! You are a strong man. Can you play QB?
I can't play QB, as I am too old, slow, and my hands are small like Dave Krieg's.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 10:14 AM 10-07-2015
It seems, so far, the pattern from last week is not repeating. At this time a week ago, I had my first session with throwing up, followed by two more sessions. I am hungry now and that is the only discomfort I feel in my gut. Still have hair, too, and the rash is drier and hurts less so I slept pretty well last night. I do have the ralf bucket handy as a precaution, though.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 11:11 AM 10-07-2015
Good to hear, Ed.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 11:12 AM 10-07-2015
Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave:
Good to hear, Ed.
How are things going with you? Have to decided not to get a port?
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 11:13 AM 10-07-2015
I'm actually about to get my 2nd rd of Avastin soon IV is in.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:15 PM 10-07-2015
Still praying for both of you chuckle heads and that damned fatty-lovin' Sacc too.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 09:54 PM 10-07-2015
Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave:
I'm actually about to get my 2nd rd of Avastin soon IV is in.
The way my veins blow, and the last time it was just from having an IV in me for two days and felt like someone took a hammer to back of my hand, I'd probably be getting treatments started from between my toes by now if not for my port. I am glad for you if you don't need one, since there is a risk of infection and it happened to me with my first port.
[Reply]
go bo 10:00 PM 10-07-2015
i check in most days to see how you two are doing, but i don't often post...

it's inspiring to see you guys face the struggles you're going through with such dignity and at the same time humor...

hang in there, it's possible to beat cancer, my sister did at age 70...
[Reply]
Page 57 of 173
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107157 > Last »
Up