ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 84
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Media Center>Conspiracy, the Paranormal, the Unexplained and the Esoteric
keg in kc 05:43 PM 01-17-2015
Figure this would have a better chance of surviving in the Media Center than on the main page, and I'll be adding youtube and podcast links from time to time as I come across them, so it fits.

This has been something that's interested me from a very young age, all aspects of mysterious stuff, whether we're talking forgotten or forbidden archeology or civilization (Atlantis, pre-colombian exploration of america, etc), unexplained events (like Tunguska in 1908, the lost Roanoke Island colony, etc), paranormal events like ghosts, the study of ESP and that sort of thing, conspiracy (ranging from JFK to stuff like the perpetration of the drug war and the infilitration of the media by US intelligence) and, of course, UFOs (which to me means "unexplained" not "extraterrestrial" but that's a whole other topic).

Anything could show up, and everybody should feel free to add whatever they like. Just try to keep it as civil and respectful as possible. This is not intended to be a DC thread; it's as much for entertainment purposes as it is to solve all the world's mysteries.

**Although if anybody posts anything from Third Phase of Moon they should probably expect me to kick them in the balls.**

Few things I like to watch or listen to in no particular order (most of this can be found on itunes as well...):

The Paracast
Binall of America
The Gralian Report
The Paranormal Report
Dark City
Radio Misterioso
Open Minds (mostly their podcast)

That's it for now, just wanted to get this started. Been thinking about doing it for a while...
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:05 PM 02-26-2015
Keg, you're idea of the possibility of Lazar being used as a disinformation agent, to test security protocols etc is something I've considered over the years.

But there are two primary things keeping me from leaning that direction...

1) he viewed an entire hangar full of various craft, and was allowed to climb into one, the so called sport model, where he describes a very ominous feeling and also that the nature of the craft seemed to be "organic" just as much as it was a craft of solid, inert material.

2) he was allowed to view a short field test of a craft that was able to silently hover and move left to right, while producing a strong ambient glow.

If they were showing him a bunch of fakery, he certainly seems intelligent enough to immediately recognize it.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:09 PM 02-26-2015
The thing that we maybe don't always keep in mind is that the guys on the intelligence side are just as, if not more, intelligent. And they have drugs and directed energy and god knows what else at their disposal to twist perception. They are very good at what they do.

There's even some conjecture that some well-known events (mothman being one) were psyops by these people, testing and/or polishing their craft.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:26 PM 02-26-2015
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
The thing that we maybe don't always keep in mind is that the guys on the intelligence side are just as, if not more, intelligent. And they have drugs and directed energy and god knows what else at their disposal to twist perception. They are very good at what they do.

There's even some conjecture that some well-known events (mothman being one) were psyops by these people, testing and/or polishing their craft.
I dunno man, when Bob talks about the nature of the craft he crawled into and watching the test, I would think he's smart enough to tell if he were being manipulated with drugs etc.

Thats not to say your theory has no merit, I just doubt Bob would be duped that easily... he's just so matter of fact and casual every time he talks about it, no stutter and stammers, no maybe's or talk of feeling odd that might indicate drugs or being off kilter during the scenario.

But I will certainly agree that some of the things at our governments disposal, the tricks up its sleeve... would genuinely shock most Americans. They're faaar more advanced than anyone is going to read about on the DARPA website etc, they're probably 50 years ahead of where many people think they are in many areas.
[Reply]
Rausch 06:32 PM 02-26-2015
Originally Posted by Easy 6:

If they were showing him a bunch of fakery, he certainly seems intelligent enough to immediately recognize it.
Not if it were significantly more advanced than what he was previously exposed to.

And considering his credentials that's very possible...
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:34 PM 02-26-2015
You're assuming they're not skilled enough to do it without giving anything away.

FTR I'm not saying this is what happened. I don't think it is. But I do think it's a very real possibility and probably has happened in other cases.

They're at least 50 years ahead. If you look at something like the SR-71, we're talking about something Kelly Johnson developed almost 70 years ago. And we don't even really know what the next thing after the Blackbird was (assuming there's more than just drones and satellites, which I do assume). If their tech development has equalled or outpaced the PC boom of the last 20 years, we're probably talking about some Star Trek looking shit at this point.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:23 PM 02-26-2015
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Not if it were significantly more advanced than what he was previously exposed to.

And considering his credentials that's very possible...
You're assuming they're not skilled enough to do it without giving anything away.

FTR I'm not saying this is what happened. I don't think it is. But I do think it's a very real possibility and probably has happened in other cases.

They're at least 50 years ahead. If you look at something like the SR-71, we're talking about something Kelly Johnson developed almost 70 years ago. And we don't even really know what the next thing after the Blackbird was (assuming there's more than just drones and satellites, which I do assume). If their tech development has equalled or outpaced the PC boom of the last 20 years, we're probably talking about some Star Trek looking shit at this point.
Keg makes an excellent point that kinda ties into yours, doesnt he, Rausch?

If military tech advancement even remotely resembles the massive gains achieved in something like PC's, then wow yeah... the Navy's magnetic rail gun they've been talking about? I bet it passed its trials looong ago, they just put out this "just now sea tested" story for cover.

Something even better/worse? is surely right behind it and already doing very well in tests.
[Reply]
Jerm 08:01 PM 02-26-2015
Anyone else interested in Sasquatch...read about the Siege at Honobia...crazy story, super interesting.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:16 PM 02-26-2015
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Anyone else interested in Sasquatch...read about the Siege at Honobia...crazy story, super interesting.
A quick google search reveals something worth reading about, a fairly recent story from 2000, thanks for the tip... sounds like something worth reading about for sure.

While I've never dug into Bigfoot as much as other things, I'll never dismiss it out of hand and its mainly for one reason... 4-5 years ago, it was either Discovery or Animal Planet that did the big special called Bigfootville, about a certain corner of Oklahoma (southwest?).

They interviewed, in uniform, a 20-30 year state conservation officer who'd spent all of that time in OK, who swears he witnessed one and made no bones about it and mentioned several colleauges who'd seen the same but didnt want to come forward.

This guy was sooo convincing, late 50's and just as matter of fact as if he were talking about what he had for breakfast... he knew what he saw was no animal in that area, that it was an extremely large and hairy humanoid.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:23 PM 02-26-2015
Yeah that story is wild...super interesting.

That's the cool thing about the Sasquatch phenomena, lots of really interesting stories and credible witnesses, compelling evidence, etc.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:07 PM 02-26-2015
Keg makes an excellent point that kinda ties into yours, doesnt he, Rausch?

If military tech advancement even remotely resembles the massive gains achieved in something like PC's, then wow yeah... the Navy's magnetic rail gun they've been talking about? I bet it passed its trials looong ago, they just put out this "just now sea tested" story for cover.

Something even better/worse? is surely right behind it and already doing very well in tests.
One of the theories two years ago was that the chelyabinsk meteor was a rod from god. Don't believe it was, personally, but I bet the tech is past the theoretical phase.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:43 PM 02-26-2015
Yeah that story is wild...super interesting.

That's the cool thing about the Sasquatch phenomena, lots of really interesting stories and credible witnesses, compelling evidence, etc.
As someone that specializes in bigfoot to some degree, what is the one case you'd present to doubters, would it be this case from 2000 or something else?

One of the theories two years ago was that the chelyabinsk meteor was a rod from god. Don't believe it was, personally, but I bet the tech is past the theoretical phase.
I'm with you in doubting that theory, if we have those huge tungsten rods up there... theres no way we risk nuclear war with Russia by testing one over their country, plenty of other places to try it out.

But yes, it wouldnt shock me in the least if we already had that in place, for all we know thats what the semi-secret mini space shuttle was doing up there.
[Reply]
Jerm 07:21 AM 02-27-2015
As someone that specializes in bigfoot to some degree, what is the one case you'd present to doubters, would it be this case from 2000 or something else?
Patterson/Gimlin - The video is 100% legit IMO and is the best piece of evidence around, been analyzed to death. I don't take Bob Gimlin for a liar either and he's never wavered about what happened.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:23 AM 02-27-2015
FYI, Darkness Radio on Wednesday (the 25th) was a bigfoot show.

http://www.twincitiesnewstalk.com/me...nown-25842892/

http://www.twincitiesnewstalk.com/me...atch-25842893/

http://www.twincitiesnewstalk.com/me...ters-25842904/
[Reply]
Jerm 10:01 AM 02-27-2015
Yup....Will Jevnig knows his shit, to me he is THE guy in this field.

Man I love Darkness Radio...Dave Schrader is awesome. I remember him going IN on Justin Smeja (Sierra Shooting case) and basically called him out.
[Reply]
frankotank 02:59 PM 02-27-2015
velly intellesting....
as I think I've mentioned...I grew up in the upper peninsula. I was on Kincheloe AFB. we didn't have a fancy pool....we had dukes lake. I personally watched a team of folks take plaster casts of what appeared to be bigfoot footprints at dukes lake. makes a huge impression on a kid. so I've been mucho interested in bigfoot for most of my life. (finding bigfoot GAGS ME! deleted the timer.)

I LIVED in those woods. we weren't afraid. not of bears. not of bigfoot. were we stupid? hells yes. we kinda figured bigfoot would be cool, not bad. hahaha. we'd take turns blindfolding each other until we got completely lost, then use the sun to guide ourselves back out. (yes it was stupid...but it was fun) if you get going in the wrong direction....theres just tons and tons of pure wilderness. tons.

I never once saw anything I thought was a bigfoot....but...and here's the rub.....I never saw a BEAR either.
as I've grown I've become more and more sure that if there ever was anything to bigfoot, they are probably all gone by now. like in the 50's and 60's, maybe....but not now. right? and then I remember.....I never even saw a frigging BEAR. I'm looking at a satellite shot of where I used to live....man it's STILL just a buncha wilderness.

yes there are bears in the UP. just because I never saw one doesn't mean they aren't/weren't there.
the other thing I remind myself of is this.....they say chimps and dolphins are the smartest animals on the planet. I've read that Koko is as smart as a 5 year old. (not sure if true) if bigfoot is real, how smart might they be? smart enough to take care of their dead? I dunno.
just always loved me some bigfoot....real or not....

[Reply]
Page 36 of 84
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Up