ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 84
« First < 152122232425 262728293575 > Last »
Media Center>Conspiracy, the Paranormal, the Unexplained and the Esoteric
keg in kc 05:43 PM 01-17-2015
Figure this would have a better chance of surviving in the Media Center than on the main page, and I'll be adding youtube and podcast links from time to time as I come across them, so it fits.

This has been something that's interested me from a very young age, all aspects of mysterious stuff, whether we're talking forgotten or forbidden archeology or civilization (Atlantis, pre-colombian exploration of america, etc), unexplained events (like Tunguska in 1908, the lost Roanoke Island colony, etc), paranormal events like ghosts, the study of ESP and that sort of thing, conspiracy (ranging from JFK to stuff like the perpetration of the drug war and the infilitration of the media by US intelligence) and, of course, UFOs (which to me means "unexplained" not "extraterrestrial" but that's a whole other topic).

Anything could show up, and everybody should feel free to add whatever they like. Just try to keep it as civil and respectful as possible. This is not intended to be a DC thread; it's as much for entertainment purposes as it is to solve all the world's mysteries.

**Although if anybody posts anything from Third Phase of Moon they should probably expect me to kick them in the balls.**

Few things I like to watch or listen to in no particular order (most of this can be found on itunes as well...):

The Paracast
Binall of America
The Gralian Report
The Paranormal Report
Dark City
Radio Misterioso
Open Minds (mostly their podcast)

That's it for now, just wanted to get this started. Been thinking about doing it for a while...
[Reply]
Jerm 08:38 PM 02-11-2015
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Jerm, I'd still love to hear about your paranormal investigation from the other night, it doesnt matter if no evidence was collected, tell us what it was about and how you tried...
Uh it was pretty crazy honestly....a "virgin" (never investigated) location which had a lot of activity. Waiting for everyone to finish their evidence recaps.

I personally witnessed...

- Door flying open
- Footsteps on stairs that cannot be accounted for
- An evil, nasty entity that identified itself through a spirit box, giving us a full first, middle, and last name.
- That entity had a very negative affect on several team members, including myself. It definitely sapped energy from me...gave one of the members crippling stomach pains so bad she had to sit out, other shit.

I've been having odd and bad nightmares since that night too....never happened before. I was scared, can't even lie.

I know a lot of people don't buy into the whole ghosts or haunting phenomena but I urge anyone interested in it to pursue, it's super interesting and a rush.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:50 PM 02-11-2015
That guy Ryan simply refuses to speculate or hype up or divulge things he shouldnt, he came off as extremely credible in my eyes... that guy was reporting the TRUTH.

I've still got about 40 minutes to go and will get to it soon... but he has done the research and knows exactly what he's talking about. If the so called debunkers looked into as much as he obviously has... there would be many changed minds out there.

Or, maybe not... I posted several podcasts from Colm Kelleher here a few years ago and got nothing but derision and yawns, if I got anything at all. "WE WANT REAL SCIENCE" they say, yet give them a real scientist and all they can do is guffaw and make excuses.
The Paranormal Report is another nice one (thanks Keg in Kc) - the guy Micah Hanks is top shelf. They're realistic w/ their outlooks as well. Micah is very well spoken. Does a nice job - as does Jim.
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:01 PM 02-11-2015
Didn't I link that paracast episode earlier in the thread? Meant to if I didn't. I think I also gave a url from an even earlier paracast episode on skinwalker with ryan skinner and a guy who purportedly worked security on site. That was I think the episode that introduced me to the location.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:03 PM 02-11-2015
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Uh it was pretty crazy honestly....a "virgin" (never investigated) location which had a lot of activity. Waiting for everyone to finish their evidence recaps.

- Door flying open
- An evil, nasty entity that identified itself through a spirit box, giving us a full first, middle, and last name.
- That entity had a very negative affect on several team members, including myself. It definitely sapped energy from me...gave one of the members crippling stomach pains so bad she had to sit out, other shit.

I've been having odd and bad nightmares since that night too....never happened before. I was scared, can't even lie.

I know a lot of people don't buy into the whole ghosts or haunting phenomena but I urge anyone interested in it to pursue, it's super interesting and a rush.
Outstanding, sounds like you're part of a very serious group with all of that gear... the spiritbox is of particular interest to me, scanning through however many thousand channels per minute.

So that when you get a coherent message it has to be real because how many jokers out there have the equipment to interrupt a device like that? I've never had an honest to goodness ghost experience, but I dont discount any of it.

I believe in a human soul and also believe in the good and bad realms that watch over those souls... any chance you could post some of that evidence here?
[Reply]
Jerm 09:13 PM 02-11-2015
Outstanding, sounds like you're part of a very serious group with all of that gear... the spiritbox is of particular interest to me, scanning through however many thousand channels per minute.

So that when you get a coherent message it has to be real because how many jokers out there have the equipment to interrupt a device like that? I've never had an honest to goodness ghost experience, but I dont discount any of it.

I believe in a human soul and also believe in the good and bad realms that watch over those souls... any chance you could post some of that evidence here?
Yeah we come into it from a skeptical approach and try to rule everything out but the paranormal...that way when a piece of evidence presents itself, it's legit if vetted correctly.

The spirit box is awesome...there's something about asking a question and getting a direct, intelligent answer over multiple sweeps. It's crazy.

The group does have a lot of cool, scientificly geared stuff...we don't half ass it lol.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:17 PM 02-11-2015
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Didn't I link that paracast episode earlier in the thread? Meant to if I didn't. I think I also gave a url from an even earlier paracast episode on skinwalker with ryan skinner and a guy who purportedly worked security on site. That was I think the episode that introduced me to the location.
You could have Keg - I didn't notice - but yeah - Scott is correct that specific episode is hugely interesting - in that Ryan speaks very well and doesn't overkill or sensationalize his stories. That was damned interesting - and like Scott; I almost listened to it in it's entirety the first go around - I think I retired like 1.5 hrs.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:18 PM 02-11-2015
I may try to talk DemonPenz into going to Lobb Cemetery and doing some footage. I'd like to see it - I bet it'd be funny as well.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:19 PM 02-11-2015
Yeah we come into it from a skeptical approach and try to rule everything out but the paranormal...that way when a piece of evidence presents itself, it's legit if vetted correctly.

The spirit box is awesome...there's something about asking a question and getting a direct, intelligent answer over multiple sweeps. It's crazy.

The group does have a lot of cool, scientificly geared stuff...we don't half ass it lol.
What was the history of this last place you investigated?

Any verifiable strange happenings, deaths etc?
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:19 PM 02-11-2015

- Door flying open

I'm late here - but if you wouldn't mind. Where was this at?
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:22 PM 02-11-2015
I prefer a sort of an alternative ghost theory, that they're imprints of an event or a moment in time, rather than the traditional spirit related theory. Although much like I think with UFOs they could well be more than one thing. There are some hauntings that seem tied to locations and some tied to specific people, and sometimes phenomena that seem tied to a place attach to an individual and follow them. I've heard some horror stories about people opening themselves up to some dark stuff.

I also wonder how capable we are (we meaning people...) of generating phenomena, and how often what people experience matches what they expect, and how much of what people see reflects their religious or spiritual belief structure.

Speaking personally, I'm an atheist but as someone who was raised in and then outgrew the Catholic church I have kind of an irrational fear of ghosts while at the same time not believing in them, or in non-human spirits. Like the logical side of me says that the stuff western religion teaches is all fear-based social engineering and not real, but the little kid indoctrinated in that same church part of me wants absolutely nothing to do with them anyway.

It's like, while I don't think there's life after death or demons or anything like that, I still don't want to open that door anyway, just in case. No point in tempting fate. So if you want to explore haunted houses and graveyards, or play around with ouija boards, more power to you. Just leave me out of it. :-)
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:33 PM 02-11-2015
I prefer a sort of an alternative ghost theory, that they're imprints of an event or a moment in time, rather than the traditional spirit related theory. Although much like I think with UFOs they could well be more than one thing. There are some hauntings that seem tied to locations and some tied to specific people, and sometimes phenomena that seem tied to a place attach to an individual and follow them. I've heard some horror stories about people opening themselves up to some dark stuff.

I also wonder how capable we are (we meaning people...) of generating phenomena, and how often what people experience matches what they expect, and how much of what people see reflects their religious or spiritual belief structure.

Speaking personally, I'm an atheist but as someone who was raised in and then outgrew the Catholic church I have kind of an irrational fear of ghosts while at the same time not believing in them, or in non-human spirits. Like the logical side of me says that the stuff western religion teaches is all fear-based social engineering and not real, but the little kid indoctrinated in that same church part of me wants absolutely nothing to do with them anyway.

It's like, while I don't think there's life after death or demons or anything like that, I still don't want to open that door anyway, just in case. No point in tempting fate. So if you want to explore haunted houses and graveyards, or play around with ouija boards, more power to you. Just leave me out of it. :-)

Did you see that clip on Blue Springs I posted about the UFO sighting which was aired on the local news there a few years back? just youtube UFO Blue Springs Mo. Pretty crazy. Seemed legit actually.

[Reply]
Easy 6 09:42 PM 02-11-2015

No weird places or ouija boards? oh yeah you're too late, the subject has already hooked you.

I genuinely agree that sooo many of the good ghost stories are really just the leftovers of very emotional events, particularly when there is water or solid stone nearby... somehow, those mediums are better able to absorb and replay some of it.

What always killed me was the "poltergeist", the manifestation of an extreme human emotion that maybe somehow takes on a life of its own. Man, I agree that the human mind is sooo much more powerful than we understand, but that this phenomena is an EXTREME rarity.

This subject kinda ties into one of your ideas on ufo's Keg, that maybe somehow mankind is creating these things (ufo's) out of pure cloth of the mind through some kind of magical subconcious wishful thinking... a delusions so powerful that it creates its own effects and physical objects.

I just dont buy that, the MP's that first explored outside the gates of Bentwaters werent asleep or on drugs or mass halucinating... they walked around the craft, they touched it and marked down its heiroglyphs in their notebooks on the scene... no way their minds melded to make up that simultaneous delusion.

No way that delusion created a tripod style landing gear pattern in the ground, no way that delusion created radioactive residue, no way that delusion created physical charring and scarring on the trees as it shot upward in the blink of an eye, no way that delusion attacked their commanding officer and then hovered over the nuclear weapons bunker.
[Reply]
Jerm 10:01 PM 02-11-2015
What was the history of this last place you investigated?

Any verifiable strange happenings, deaths etc?
Courthouse complete with courtroom...offices...etc.

Old jail also on the property that was used up until about 20 years ago.

Employees experience activity regularly, on a daily basis we were told.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:07 PM 02-11-2015
Courthouse complete with courtroom...offices...etc.

Old jail also on the property that was used up until about 20 years ago.

Employees experience activity regularly, on a daily basis we were told.
Is this the same place that was investigated by Ghost Adventures a year or two ago? The one where the sheriff was shot to death on the front steps?
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:04 PM 02-11-2015
No weird places or ouija boards? oh yeah you're too late, the subject has already hooked you.
That kind of stuff's always creeped me out, from a very young age. Not sure why. I know the Catholic thing has had a real impact in some ways - The Exorcist to this day scares me more than about any other horror movie.

Most of this subject is just entertainment for me for that reason: I'm interested in UFOs but the last thing I want is to be abducted. So I'm not going to put myself into that kind of potential situation if I can avoid it.

Ghosts are the same thing for me. I like being creeped out by stories. I don't like being creeped out in real life. So I will never be an investigator.
Originally Posted by :
This subject kinda ties into one of your ideas on ufo's Keg, that maybe somehow mankind is creating these things (ufo's) out of pure cloth of the mind through some kind of magical subconcious wishful thinking... a delusions so powerful that it creates its own effects and physical objects.
I'm not suggesting they're delusions. I'm suggesting that perhaps some people, or groups of people, perhaps connected to certain locations or some combination of all these elements can result in the very real physical manifestations. Not delusions or shared hallucinations. Real, tangible, physical things.

Or you could take it into the route of certain branches of theoretical physics and say that we don't have a real understanding of reality and consciousness quite yet, and that maybe sometimes we can alter reality. Whatever "reality" is.

Which is not to say that all UFO sightings or all ghost manifestations or all bigfoot sightings are all just that. I think that, just to use UFOs as an example, we may be talking about a variety of different things all happening simultaneously. I think probably 99% of all sightings are just run-of-the-mill stuff. Of that 1% that's truly mysterious, I don't think they're all just one thing. I think extraterrestrial or unknown advanced native technology is a possibility (I have a pet theory about human civilization going much further into the past...). I think human-generated phenomena as we discuss above is a possibility. I think a natural phenomena that we are not yet fully aware of is a possibility. I think some kind of 'trickster' consciousness manifesting these things is a possibility (so many mentions of this cross-culturally around the globe). And there are lots of other possibilities, and it could be any or all of them all happening at once.

Basically I don't think there's any single end-all be-all answer to any of this stuff. It's like a smorgasbord of rare events.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 84
« First < 152122232425 262728293575 > Last »
Up