ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 171
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:09 PM 11-01-2016
Caught the Last Kingdom.

Pretty damn good. Decent Violence. A lot going on, but didn't get wonky - other than the main character fucking everything with an axe wound, so it kind of diluted the whole love thing.

Definitely pick it up if you are into medieval genre flicks.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 05:48 PM 11-06-2016
Amazon TV has a pretty decent show they put together called "Goliath" which you may find entertaining.

Originally Posted by :
A disgraced lawyer, now an ambulance chaser, gets a case that could bring him redemption or at least revenge on the firm which expelled him.
Billy Bob Thornton is the lawyer. Co-stars are William Hurt, Maria Bello, Molly Parker.
[Reply]
shitgoose 08:55 AM 11-07-2016
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Amazon TV has a pretty decent show they put together called "Goliath" which you may find entertaining.

Billy Bob Thornton is the lawyer. Co-stars are William Hurt, Maria Bello, Molly Parker.
Pretty good. If you like Billy Bob you'll enjoy this show.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:02 AM 11-07-2016
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Caught the Last Kingdom.

Pretty damn good. Decent Violence. A lot going on, but didn't get wonky - other than the main character fucking everything with an axe wound, so it kind of diluted the whole love thing.

Definitely pick it up if you are into medieval genre flicks.
I enjoyed that show as well, but are we sure there is going to be a season 2? I honestly can't tell who is the good guys... it's as if they are all bad lol
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:17 AM 11-13-2016
Originally Posted by fahrenheit:
I enjoyed that show as well, but are we sure there is going to be a season 2? I honestly can't tell who is the good guys... it's as if they are all bad lol
Heh. Yeah. I don't know if there is going to be a Season 2. I doubt there is much historical accuracy there, but nobody really being a good guy is about like life, in general. If there isn't a season 2, it'll be OK, it ended fine.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:34 AM 11-13-2016
I watched Penny Dreadful. I am not really into horror flicks much. But the production looked good and Eva Green is my weakness.

Like a lot of Horror, there is some wonky writing, but it overcomes it, largely, and most of the story lines are pretty compelling. The exception is Dorian Gray. He is completely useless in the story and takes up a lot of screentime. His character is pretty well acted, but it doesn't advance the storyline.

Frankenstein's monster in particular is goddamned compelling, and worth the watch by itself. Jesus, that arc is amazing.

Lilly Frankenstein is kind of meh, but how it ends up, particularly with Dr Frankenstein is good, and after they revealed her daughter it helped her story a lot.

Ethan Chandler/Vanessa Ives storyline ended up really good. Same with Malcom Murray.

Overall, the production is excellent. As well as the acting. It is worth a watch even if you aren't into the horror genre.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:05 PM 12-08-2016
I watched Goliath on Amazon. That is a really good show. Maybe it is because I had low expectations going in, but goddamn, I couldn't quit watching it.

Billy Bob Thornton really brought it. And I don't know how much is makeup or whatever, but he is very convincing about having a lot of mileage on his odometer. Probably because he does.

When
Spoiler!
my mouth literally dropped open. I haven't been that surprised by something in forever.

Initially I thought the other lawyer and paralegal characters were bad, but they developed them nicely and wove them into the story.

Some of the stuff with Cooperman McBride was kind of wonky, but but you can look past it.

Really a good watch if you like lawyer-ey flicks.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:52 PM 12-30-2016
I caught Medici on Netflix.

It was pretty good. I ended up binging it while I was working in the office some.

The production values are really really good. So if you are a fan of the Renaissance period in general you need to watch it. But it is kind of a murder mystery/political thriller, so it's kind of cool. Kind of in the same vein as house of cards.

However, I caught myself thinking to myself "Oh look, someone is trying to wreck Robb Starks life again." LOL
[Reply]
CoMoChief 08:54 PM 12-30-2016
Shameless
Arrested Development
Breaking Bad
[Reply]
88TG88 11:49 PM 12-30-2016
Has anyone mentioned Family Matters yet ?
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:57 PM 01-12-2017
Legends of Tomorrow is really bad.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 05:31 PM 01-14-2017
Currently enjoying very much season 1 of Netflix "The Crown".

Tremendous.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:32 PM 01-14-2017
"Alone" on History Channel is my current cant miss show
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:35 PM 01-14-2017
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Currently enjoying very much season 1 of Netflix "The Crown".

Tremendous.
I'll check that out. I've been wondering if it is any good. Your recommendation of Goliath was top notch.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:37 PM 01-14-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
"Alone" on History Channel is my current cant miss show
Ours too. We're watching the current season in our downstairs and a past season in our upstairs so we don't get them mixed up. It seems a touch crazy is the most valuable tool you can have.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 171
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Up