ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 122 of 162
« First < 2272112118119120121122 123124125126132 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 01:39 PM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by daquix:
He put up 400 yards against the Titans. I think he was just fine. They still lost.

I realize that we can make excuses until the cows come home about teams changing things up, or Mahomes not playing with reckless abandon, etc, but the point remains the same. A team winning one matchup, doesn't mean they'll win the rematch.
well, it sure as heck is more to go off of than you have to offer. I mean, injuries are generally the biggest excuse to go off of.....

Let me explain why the Chiefs lost the first Titans game, and why they won the second:

the Chiefs lost the first game because the Titans returned a fumble 50+ yards for a TD, Henry had a 60-70 yd touchdown run, and the Chiefs messed up not one, but two FGs in the final minutes of the game. The first FG would have put them up 8 with under 2 to play, the second was with no time left and would have forced overtime.....but all of that led to the Titans scoring 35 points.....

In the second game, the Chiefs eliminated the mistakes, and the Tits tried to play their usual ground game, slow it down.....which doesn't work. If teams aren't going in with the mindset to score 30+ points, they aren't going to win the game. The Tits knew their D couldn't match up, so they played the same game as the Bills did this year: The played back in zone, often times only rushing 3, usually rushing 4, and very rarely sending a 5th. They would at times send a corner as the 4th blitzer, but none of that worked and they couldn't generate any pressure....they picked the slow game over points, and it didn't work. The Chiefs made an emphasis on stopping the run, and playing a clean game, and once they had the lead, the Tits had to open up more, which only further strangled them....

That's the difference. The Tits were amazingly fortuitous in that first game.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:40 PM 12-17-2020
He put up 400 yards against the Titans. I think he was just fine. They still lost.

I realize that we can make excuses until the cows come home about teams changing things up, or Mahomes not playing with reckless abandon, etc, but the point remains the same. A team winning one matchup, doesn't mean they'll win the rematch.
A team winning one matchup, in the context of winning every matchup except one for AN ENTIRE YEAR, has a lot more relevance than just one game.

That's the whole point.
[Reply]
diqlix 01:45 PM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
A team winning one matchup, in the context of winning every matchup except one for AN ENTIRE YEAR, has a lot more relevance than just one game.

That's the whole point.
Absolutely.

Winning all but one matchup over an entire year is incredibly impressive.

Whether in 1 straight season, or even a mish-mash of previous year and current year, either way it's impressive.

Last team to do that was the Patriots.

Unfortunately, they lost the SB.

Oddly enough, they actually beat the team in the regular season that ended up beating them in the Super Bowl.

Weird.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:55 PM 12-17-2020

Mahomes didn't have a single rushing attempt in that game. His average before having someone step on his ankle was 4-5 rushes for about 35-40 yds/game. He also missed 2 TD throws, probably due to not being on the field for 3 weeks, and/or the fact that he was still a little tentative about stepping into his throws because of his knee. Not sure if he stepped into any of his throws that day.

And that was the first week where the whole OL was actually on the field together since Week 1. At least for a half or so, until we had two OLs go down with injury yet again. Think that was the week Rankin went down with the season-ending knee injury, and Schwartz(?) got dinged up, but came back the week after.

Before that game, the Chiefs starters on OL had played a total of 56 snaps together (week 1), or about 15 less snaps than their average for an entire game. I forget how many permutations of the OL they ended up going with to that point, but I remember some talking head mentioning how many, and it was a surprising number.

It was not the smoothest day for the Chiefs' offense.

It wasn't a great day for the defense either, and I think we had at least one DL starter that got hurt or didn't play in that game. Was it Pennel? Or Okafor or somebody. It was part of the reason Jones was playing some DE that day, iirc.

We analyzed that game to death last year, someone can find the thread and post a link I guess, but the bottom line is that in spite of Pat's immobility, a couple more OLs getting hurt, and apparent rust or whatever, he still posted 446 yds, and 3 TDs?

The fumble return for TD hurt, as did the breakdown on the DL that allowed Henry to run 70 yards or whatever for a TD are what kept TEN in the game. Otherwise, they really weren't that great.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 02:04 PM 12-17-2020
Absolutely.

Whether in 1 straight season, or even a mish-mash of previous year and current year, either way it's impressive.

Oddly enough, they actually beat the team in the regular season that ended up beating them in the Super Bowl.

Weird.

So tell us why you think it will happen....

apologies for being argumentive
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:04 PM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Mahomes didn't have a single rushing attempt in that game. His average before having someone step on his ankle was 4-5 rushes for about 35-40 yds/game. He also missed 2 TD throws, probably due to not being on the field for 3 weeks, and/or the fact that he was still a little tentative about stepping into his throws because of his knee. Not sure if he stepped into any of his throws that day.

And that was the first week where the whole OL was actually on the field together since Week 1. At least for a half or so, until we had two OLs go down with injury yet again. Think that was the week Rankin went down with the season-ending knee injury, and Schwartz(?) got dinged up, but came back the week after.

Before that game, the Chiefs starters on OL had played a total of 56 snaps together (week 1), or about 15 less snaps than their average for an entire game. I forget how many permutations of the OL they ended up going with to that point, but I remember some talking head mentioning how many, and it was a surprising number.

It wasn't a great day for the defense either, and I think we had at least one DL starter that got hurt or didn't play in that game. Was it Pennel? Or Okafor or somebody. It was part of the reason Jones was playing some DE that day, iirc.

We analyzed that game to death last year, someone can find the thread and post a link I guess, but the bottom line is that in spite of Pat's immobility, a couple more OLs getting hurt, and apparent rust or whatever, he still posted 446 yds, and 3 TDs?

The fumble return for TD hurt, as did the breakdown on the DL that allowed Henry to run 70 yards or whatever for a TD are what kept TEN in the game. Otherwise, they really weren't that great.

All these teams can do what they want during the regular season but the playoffs are a different beast.

Can you elevate your game to the next level? The Chiefs and their QB have already shown this recently. Many of the teams such as the Bills, Browns, Ravens, and more in the AFC have not shown that yet.

So we can analyze the regular season to death but that's the bottomline. None of the 2018 QB's have won a playoff game. There's a huge gap right now between KC and the rest and it's not just talent.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 02:20 PM 12-17-2020
Absolutely.

Weird.
I'll tell you why it won't happen....because unless the Bills get a pass rush like that Giant's team had with Tuck, Strahan, and Umenyiora against Brady in that Super Bowl, they aren't going to generate enough pressure. So, they either will have to play off the ball like the first game OR they will need to blitz more, exposing the secondary to the Chiefs speed....and that's before we even mention how they are going to handle Kelce in that situation.

On Defense, it's simple....do the same thing: get Allen off his spots, make him throw under duress....Obviously, Diggs is a problem, but not an insurmountable one.

And while the Bills are a good team, and having a great year, they just don't match up well with the Chiefs. Is it possible they can win...sure. but highly unlikely because they just don't match up well....

See, that wasn't so hard. Sorry to burst your bubble....
[Reply]
diqlix 03:03 PM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

Just out of curiosity, do you realize the amount of excuses in that post?

I only ask because, sometimes I make a lot of excuses and don't realize i'm doing it.

It just feels like to me that no matter what point I make, there is always an excuse as to why it doesn't matter....

I guess the Chiefs should have been 19-0 last year, once all the excuses are put into play.
[Reply]
diqlix 03:04 PM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
All these teams can do what they want during the regular season but the playoffs are a different beast.

Can you elevate your game to the next level? The Chiefs and their QB have already shown this recently. Many of the teams such as the Bills, Browns, Ravens, and more in the AFC have not shown that yet.

So we can analyze the regular season to death but that's the bottomline. None of the 2018 QB's have won a playoff game. There's a huge gap right now between KC and the rest and it's not just talent.
Agreed.
[Reply]
diqlix 03:05 PM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
So tell us why you think it will happen....

apologies for being argumentive
I don't think it will happen.

But I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

I know you don't like the reason, and that's OK, but Buffalo is a much different team now than they were in Week 5. They are playing better, and have their starters back.

Could I be wrong? Of course. I'm wrong a lot.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:07 PM 12-17-2020
I don't think it will happen.

But I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

I know you don't like the reason, and that's OK, but Buffalo is a much different team now than they were in Week 5. They are playing better, and have their starters back.

Could I be wrong? Of course. I'm wrong a lot.
First game was played in New Era...the next one will be played at Arrowhead too.
[Reply]
Halfcan 03:08 PM 12-17-2020
Fuck the Bills and all of their low-class, loud-mouth, dildo throwing, butt fingering fans too.
[Reply]
diqlix 03:22 PM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
First game was played in New Era...the next one will be played at Arrowhead too.
True.

And that’s a good point.
[Reply]
Cntrygal 03:28 PM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
I'll tell you why it won't happen....because unless the Bills get a pass rush like that Giant's team had with Tuck, Strahan, and Umenyiora against Brady in that Super Bowl, they aren't going to generate enough pressure. So, they either will have to play off the ball like the first game OR they will need to blitz more, exposing the secondary to the Chiefs speed....and that's before we even mention how they are going to handle Kelce in that situation.

On Defense, it's simple....do the same thing: get Allen off his spots, make him throw under duress....Obviously, Diggs is a problem, but not an insurmountable one.

And while the Bills are a good team, and having a great year, they just don't match up well with the Chiefs. Is it possible they can win...sure. but highly unlikely because they just don't match up well....

See, that wasn't so hard. Sorry to burst your bubble....
Good Post!

Sadly, I agree with you. While it's just so damn exciting to finally have some optimism about the future of this team... we're not quite there. But, at least we can make things interesting. :-)
[Reply]
Cntrygal 03:29 PM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
**** the Bills and all of their low-class, loud-mouth, dildo throwing, butt fingering fans too.
:-)
[Reply]
Page 122 of 162
« First < 2272112118119120121122 123124125126132 > Last »
Up