ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 19
« First < 61213141516 171819 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The Great Whisky (Whiskey) Thread!
Ming the Merciless 03:43 PM 09-16-2014

If this already exists, feel free to put a link to the proper thread...I searched and found a bourbon thread but alas , no whiskey thread which makes me think my search-fu failed....

But, in case there is not already a whiskey thread:

This thread shall be dedicated to all types of Whiskey.

I will try to make some sort of index up here, as more information is added.

*This is a work in progress...

Whisky / Whiskey
"A type of distilled alcoholic beverage made from fermented grain mash"
Each of the subcategories will be defined and include recommendations at different rough price points. Please feel free to post up a recommendation and I will try to get a rough price estimate....

Scotch

Map of Scotch Regions
Spoiler!
There are very strict rules as to which whiskies can be called Scotch. To be called scotch firstly and foremost, the whisky must be made in Scotland. Second, it must be made according to a manner prescribed in detail, by Scottish law. For more see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotch_whisky

Single Malt Scotch

To be a "single malt scotch" the whisky must be a "scotch" (duh!) and ALSO be made of ' only water & malted barley at a SINGLE distillery via batch distillation' (see here: LINK)

Blended Scotch

Must be a scotch (see above)..but: Most whisky is blended. It is easier and cheaper to make better tasting whisky than if you attempt the difficult talk of making a single malt. Master blenders do tastings and come up with blends of many different whiskys to achieve a result that they feel is desirable.

Bourbon

Bourbon whiskey is a type of American whiskey: a barrel-aged distilled spirit made primarily from corn. The name is ultimately derived from the French Bourbon dynasty, although it is disputed whether Bourbon County in Kentucky or Bourbon Street in New Orleans inspired the whiskey's name.[1] Bourbon has been distilled since the 18th century.[2] The use of the term "Bourbon" for the whiskey has been traced to the 1820s, and the term began to be used consistently in Kentucky in the 1870s.[1] While bourbon may be made anywhere in the United States, it is strongly associated with the American South in general, and with Kentucky in particular. As of 2014, the distillers' wholesale market revenue for bourbon sold within the U.S. is about $2.7 billion, and bourbon makes up about two-thirds of the $1.6 billion of U.S. exports of distilled spirits.[3][4] (Wikipedia)

American Rye Whisky

In the United States, "rye whiskey" is, by law, made from a mash of at least 51 percent rye. (The other ingredients of the mash are usually corn and malted barley.) It is distilled to no more than 160 U.S. proof (80% abv), and aged in charred, new oak barrels. The whiskey must be put into such barrels at not more than 125 proof (62.5% abv). Rye whiskey that has been so aged for at least two years and has not been blended with other spirits may be further designated as "straight", as in "straight rye whiskey".[1]

Irish Whiskey

Most Irish pot still whiskey is distilled thrice, while most (but not all) Scotch whisky is distilled twice. Peat is rarely used in the malting process, so that Irish whiskey has a smoother finish as opposed to the smoky, earthy overtones common to some Scotches. There are notable exceptions to these rules in both countries! (Some Irish whiskeys use peat, many Scotches do not)

Japanese Whiskey

Japanese Whiskey production first began around 1870. They started out by trying to emulate Scotch Whisky. Areas of Hokkaido are known to have climates similar to Scotland, and the difficulties of single malt production make it such that mainly Japanese whisky is blended.

[Reply]
bricks 02:11 PM 12-25-2015
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Im calmly telling you to shut your ****ing suck hole
Stay miserable. It's good for ya!
[Reply]
bricks 02:18 PM 12-25-2015
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Im calmly telling you to shut your ****ing suck hole
Please. Who are you anyway?

You don't have the right to tell me what to do. You think I'm gonna listen to you? Hahahaha

And when I don't shut up what are you gonna do about it internet tough guy?
[Reply]
Boise_Chief 02:44 PM 12-25-2015
I want to rep the person that had the hidden gems gift idea thread and the person that came up with the whiskey aging barrels. Its probably my favorite gift
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:08 PM 12-25-2015
My son has become a whisky buff/snob, so for Christmas I got him something called "whisky stones".

You freeze them then put them in your glass, keeps the drink cold but you're still able to drink it "neat" without watering it down.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:12 PM 12-25-2015
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
My son has become a whisky buff/snob, so for Christmas I got him something called "whisky stones".

You freeze them then put them in your glass, keeps the drink cold but you're still able to drink it "neat" without watering it down.
Cool gift. I see online lots of people prefer it neat. Too strong for me, feels like it's drinking fire. I always let it cut into the ice for 15 min to make it drinkable.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:34 PM 12-25-2015
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Cool gift. I see online lots of people prefer it neat. Too strong for me, feels like it's drinking fire. I always let it cut into the ice for 15 min to make it drinkable.
Not a whisky/scotch guy myself, cant stand it... beers and clears only.
[Reply]
TLO 05:59 PM 12-25-2015
Hi. My name is L'll Smokey and I've never really tried out much alcohol before. Would whisky be a good choice for a n00b?
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:04 PM 12-25-2015
Originally Posted by Boise_Chief:
I want to rep the person that had the hidden gems gift idea thread and the person that came up with the whiskey aging barrels. Its probably my favorite gift
Lew I think it was
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:13 PM 12-25-2015
Originally Posted by Li'l Smokey:
Hi. My name is L'll Smokey and I've never really tried out much alcohol before. Would whisky be a good choice for a n00b?
Everclear is a good starter or Bacardi 151
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:15 PM 12-25-2015
Mad dog 20/20
[Reply]
O.city 06:29 PM 12-25-2015
Got a bottle of macallan 25 in my stocking. Guess I was a good boy
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 08:49 PM 12-25-2015
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
Abaolutely

Theres a fine line between good whisky dick and bad whisky dick IMO

something around 6-7 whiskies is where the line is

good whisky dick you can **** like a beast and not cum and stay hard forever and she will literally have to beat your cock and suck and **** it super hard to get you to blow yyour load

bad whisky dick....you can either never cum or you actually lose your wood

I try to ride the line of real good whisky dick, around 6 whiskies
Lol. I've always had good whiskey dick. Thank god
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 08:51 PM 12-25-2015
Acquired taste. You'll get used to them. Once you do, you'll really enjoy them.
[Reply]
Sensual Lardass 08:57 PM 12-25-2015
Originally Posted by O.city:
Got a bottle of macallan 25 in my stocking. Guess I was a good boy

Nice!
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:26 PM 12-25-2015
Just tried my Eagle Rare. Not too bad. I like Angels Envy quite a bit better
[Reply]
Page 16 of 19
« First < 61213141516 171819 >
Up