ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 22
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Media Center>Falcon and The Winter Soldier trailer
Tribal Warfare 04:40 AM 12-11-2020

[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:13 PM 04-18-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The whole show is ****ing laughable. Any government with decent spec ops would have popped a cap in Karly's head from 200 yards already. She's out in the open a lot. She'd be ****ing dead.

John Walker is the only one with the balls to actually do something about amateur terrorists (do they even have guns? they are laughably under-armed), and yet somehow he is played up to be more of a bad guy than Karly.

This series better end one way - the death or life imprisonment of Karly, or it is sending a horrible message to the kids watching.

This "villains are a gray area" message is dangerous. The producers and writers of this show are a bunch of idiots.
Yeah - the writers aren’t nuanced enough to really capture a true “grey area” with Karly. Basically their way of doing it is by telling us there’s “grey.”

To compare it to Game of Thrones. It reminds me of how so many Game of Thrones characters were saying Dany was evil to remind the audience without Dany actually doing anything to earn that title (seriously, Arya? You’re mad that Dany executed enemies of war after you massacred the Freys and fed Walder’s sons to him?)

Writing grey, nuanced characters is tough, and so far the writers to TFATWS are falling short of the mark (if that’s what their endgame is here).
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:40 PM 04-18-2021
It's also quite evident she was cast based upon her character in Solo.

There the writers actually did a good job with that character, seeing as how she wasn't a fucking mass murderer.

There's also a key distinction here where we don't actually see "the bad guys" doing anything bad - it's just alluded to. So we don't ever really develop a hate for the bad guy.

Then the instant we do see something bad happen at their hands - the murder of Walker's buddy - it is used to tear down one of "the good guys."

I think the loan approval guy at the bank is a bigger villain in this show than Karly and her Flag Smashers.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:46 PM 04-18-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Critiquing the show thus far, they should've had John Walker play out as a Jack Bauer being in plain/street clothes with a time sensitive plot. Thus, that in mind his namesake in the comic " US Agent" will be more established. I would've ended it with Walker becoming Captain America in the last episode that would leave narrative that the Cap mantle has a feeling of anxiety and worry going forward.

The Heart Shaped Herb and Abomination's(Blonsky) DNA, should've been the McGuffins for Hydra/The Ten Rings to steal and retrieve to engineer their own Super Soldier serum and perfect it . You'd have Sam and Bucky trying to obtain it with John Walker being James Bond/Jack Bauer of the story in plain clothes and not dressed up for propaganda. The U.S. Agent Walker is attempting to obtain both the DNA and the HSB for the United States by ruthless means if necessary to complete a successful mission.

John Walker isn't a douche but is a representative of what a hero needs to do to survive and overcome the odds, and not era driven ideals like Superman or Cap

The Heart Shaped Herb would've been the key if you wanted to bring the Wakandans into the fold
[Reply]
Skyy God 05:02 PM 04-19-2021
This boat montage is super indulgent.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:08 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
This boat montage is super indulgent.
If that white boy Tony Stark gets a suit-building montage, by jove our Black Character of Flawless Character and Honor TM GETS A BOAT BUILDING MONTAGE.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 01:45 AM 04-23-2021

[Reply]
arrowheadnation 10:41 AM 04-23-2021
Very "meh" finale. It would probably register a little better in my mind had WandaVision not come out first. WandaVision was better by leaps and bounds. Maybe it will improve after I watch some of the nerds easter egg videos on youtube later today, but just very "meh."
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:16 AM 04-23-2021
Spoiler!

[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 01:37 PM 04-23-2021
Spoiler!

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 03:27 PM 04-23-2021
I rather hope they give Zemo his own show at some point. By far the best thing about the B&S show.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:44 PM 04-23-2021
Meh is a word, but the word I had in my head [along with the image] was Patrice O'Neal calling someone or something a 'big nuthin' in a roast.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:02 PM 04-23-2021
OH WOW GUYS

DID YOU SEE HOW THE WHITE WOMAN WAS THE REAL BAD GUY ALL ALONG

SHE WAS JUST USING THEM PO BLACK CHILLUNS

THAT'S WHY THEY PLAYED THE SAD MUSIC WHEN THEY WHEELED THE MASS MURDERER AWAY

:-)

Stupid fucking show.

AND WHERE WAS THE BOAT AT THE END? WE WERE SUPPOSED TO SEE THE FUCKING BOAT.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:23 AM 04-24-2021
And with that finale, I think there’s a fair argument that it was the worst thing the MCU has ever done. They really did not need to devote an entire series to making Sam Captain America (which was already the implication at the end of Endgame), especially if that series was going to be as uninteresting as this.

Loki will surely be better.
[Reply]
-King- 07:44 AM 04-24-2021
Terrible series.
[Reply]
unlurking 08:38 AM 04-24-2021
Meh. It is what it is. A comic book based TV show. 10-15 years ago this would have been the best comic book TV show ever made. Definitely had some sloppy plot lines and basic timing issues, but I enjoyed the last 2 episodes.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 22
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Up