ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 18
« First < 71314151617 18 >
Media Center>HBO series The Leftovers
Fire Me Boy! 06:59 AM 06-06-2014
Two percent of the world's population disappears. Looks intriguing. Starts June 29.

[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:48 AM 06-05-2017
A very satisfying conclusion to one of the best shows I've ever seen. Could not have asked for anything more than that out of this season. I'll miss it.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:49 AM 06-05-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Wow, Lindelof wrote and produced a series that ended with more questions than it answers?
That was kind of the point.
[Reply]
Kman34 06:11 AM 06-05-2017
Wow, Lindelof wrote and produced a series that ended with more questions than it answers?

I'm shocked.

He's a mother****ing schiester.
I enjoyed some episodes but the last few had a " let's make it up as we go along" feel to it....
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:09 PM 06-05-2017
So, in the universe of the show, was Nora's story a truthful one or was it manufactured?

And however you interpret it, what if any difference does it make to your experience.
[Reply]
Kman34 12:38 PM 06-05-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
So, in the universe of the show, was Nora's story a truthful one or was it manufactured?

And however you interpret it, what if any difference does it make to your experience.
Don't buy it... Any Mother would choose to stay with her children...After what she went though to get there.. Kevin...immortal or not??? What was the nuclear holocaust shit all about?? Guess this style of writing a show isn't my cup of tea....
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:48 PM 06-05-2017
Have no idea, but it's really besides the point.

Originally Posted by :
It doesn't matter at all to it.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:55 PM 06-05-2017
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Have no idea, but it's really besides the point.

It doesn't matter at all to it.
I disagree, the writers purposefully put too much ambiguity into the closing narrative for it to not be intended to make any difference whatsoever.

It may not have mattered to you, but I think it's a question the creators wanted to be raised.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:10 PM 06-05-2017
I disagree, the writers purposefully put too much ambiguity into the closing narrative for it to not be intended to make any difference whatsoever.

It may not have mattered to you, but I think it's a question the creators wanted to be raised.
The entire season was about the stories we tell ourselves to give meaning to our lives, so there's certainly an argument to be made that what she told Kevin wasn't "real." People can debate that all they want, but what really matters (at least to me) is that Kevin was there and "believed" her.
[Reply]
|Zach| 11:05 PM 06-07-2017
Great end and great show.

My first reaction was that Nora was being truthful but there is a small part that has really thrown me. When Nora goes to that barn and sees the nun with the man she was with leaving the area and she gets into it with her a little bit.

Nora laments the idea of the doves spreading messages across the world is a lie and the woman responds that it is simple a better story. I wonder if Nora let that sink in when relaying her experience to Kevin.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:05 PM 06-07-2017
That was kind of the point.
I'm sorry but I'm not spending 30 hours watching a TV series, only to say "What the fuck just happened?".

Fuck that and fuck Lindelof.
[Reply]
|Zach| 11:08 PM 06-07-2017
I'm sorry but I'm not spending 30 hours watching a TV series, only to say "What the **** just happened?".

**** that and **** Lindelof.
I get that with Lost...I think a lot of lessons were learned with Lost in preparing for this finale. I did not feel like I had more questions than answers with this one and just felt like this was one of the better damn shows I have ever seen start to end.
[Reply]
|Zach| 11:11 PM 06-07-2017
This is a really really deep dive on the finale and what all went into writing it and filming it. Worthy read for anyone who was super into the show enough the have a strong feeling good or bad on the on finale.

http://www.vulture.com/2017/06/lefto...exclusive.html
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:46 PM 06-08-2017
I'm sorry but I'm not spending 30 hours watching a TV series, only to say "What the **** just happened?".

**** that and **** Lindelof.
Except the point of the show was not the mysteries themselves (I could not have cared less where the 2% actually went, it did not matter at all to my experience or enjoyment of the Leftovers), but how the characters react to them.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:48 PM 06-08-2017
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
This is a really really deep dive on the finale and what all went into writing it and filming it. Worthy read for anyone who was super into the show enough the have a strong feeling good or bad on the on finale.

http://www.vulture.com/2017/06/lefto...exclusive.html
Read the writing part of this last night. Will read the rest at some point, was a pretty cool look at how they developed this series.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:05 PM 06-08-2017
Except the point of the show was not the mysteries themselves
That's what Lindelof wants you to think
[Reply]
Page 17 of 18
« First < 71314151617 18 >
Up