ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 18
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Media Center>HBO series The Leftovers
Fire Me Boy! 06:59 AM 06-06-2014
Two percent of the world's population disappears. Looks intriguing. Starts June 29.

[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:30 PM 11-24-2015
Notably, the ratings haven't been good at all and HBO hasn't renewed it yet despite S2's quality, so there may also be only two episodes left in this series.
[Reply]
Brock 10:31 PM 11-24-2015
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Alright. Not going to read thread. Is this series must watch or not? I'm having a hard time getting a read on how people feel about it.
It's very interesting gibberish.
[Reply]
Rausch 03:58 AM 11-25-2015
Originally Posted by Brock:
It's very interesting gibberish.
So it's Lost 2.0...
[Reply]
old_geezer 06:48 AM 11-25-2015
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I don't even know what to make of that episode. I'll have to watch it again at some point. What a trip.
I thought I was watching something directed by David Lynch. For me that's a good thing! I absolutely love this show; it's brilliant. :-)

I've never seen lost so I can't compare it to Leftovers, but interesting gibberish is not a bad explanation. The depth of emotion I have seen from these actors over two years is what really draws me in. You really get caught up in why they are what they are.
[Reply]
Sully 09:16 PM 11-30-2015
Liv Tyler just knocked it out of the damn park this week.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:23 PM 11-30-2015
Originally Posted by Sully:
Liv Tyler just knocked it out of the damn park this week.
Its amazing, an embarrassment of riches really, after what this show got out of Carrie Coon and Regina King a couple weeks back, and Theroux and Dowd last week, and Eccleston every Gott Damned minute he's on screen.

Minor aside, how brilliant was planting Evie's father's obsession with hearing crickets early in the season? And the girls driving to the lake in subdued silence?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:53 PM 12-02-2015
Wow. That ending. I don't know how they are going to have the time to resolve all of this season's storylines (or if they'll even try), but the finale should be quite something.

It really would be unfortunate if HBO doesn't renew and next week was the end as this season has been incredible.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:29 AM 12-07-2015
Phenomenal conclusion to one of the best seasons of television I've seen in a long while. While I'd love to see them make more and go deeper with some of these characters in a potential S3, that was still a fine place to leave this series.
[Reply]
Sully 08:38 AM 12-07-2015
Great season 2. That finale set up as a series finale, if it's not picked up...
[Reply]
KCwolf 06:24 PM 12-08-2015
Just watched the finale and HOLY SH*T ..... what a fantastic series and just incredibly well done. The acting is just unbelievable .... WOW ... just WOW
[Reply]
old_geezer 06:23 AM 12-09-2015
This has become my favorite show on tv right now. Please God don't let them cancel it. All the actors have been great but Liv Tyler has just crushed her part in the final two episodes. Loved it! :-)
[Reply]
ottawa_chiefs_fan 06:27 AM 12-09-2015
best written and acted show on TV...please dont cancel
[Reply]
DaveNull 07:46 AM 12-09-2015
The lead actor in this show wrote Tropic Thunder, Iron Man 2, and the upcoming sequel to Zoolander.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:10 AM 12-09-2015
Originally Posted by DaveNull:
The lead actor in this show wrote Tropic Thunder, Iron Man 2, and the upcoming sequel to Zoolander.
He also married Jennifer Aniston. Small detail.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:33 PM 12-10-2015
http://tvline.com/2015/12/10/the-lef...wed-hbo-final/

Originally Posted by :
The Leftovers will not be making a sudden departure from the TV landscape: HBO has renewed the acclaimed yet low-rated drama for a third and final season.

“It is with great enthusiasm that we welcome back Damon Lindelof, Tom Perrotta and the extraordinary talent behind The Leftovers for its third and final season,” said HBO president Michael Lombardo in a statement. “This show has proven to be one of the most distinctive HBO series and we are extremely proud of its unrivaled originality, which has resulted in such a passionate following by our HBO viewers. We admire and fully support Damon’s artistic vision and respect his decision to bring the show to its conclusion next season.”

Added Lindelof: “I have never, ever experienced the level of creative support and trust that I have received from HBO during the last two seasons of The Leftovers. Tom, myself and our incredible team of writers and producers put tremendous care into designing those seasons as novels unto themselves…with beginnings, middles and ends. As we finished our most recent season, it became clear to us that the series as a whole was following the same model…and with our beginning and middle complete, the most exciting thing for us as storytellers would be to bring The Leftovers to a definitive end. And by ‘definitive,’ we mean ‘wildly ambiguous but hopefully mega-emotional,’ as all things related to this show are destined to be.

“On behalf of our incredible crew and superb cast, we are all tremendously grateful that HBO is giving us an opportunity to conclude the show on our own terms,” Lindelof continued. “An opportunity like this one rarely comes along, and we have every intention of living up to it. One more thing. We are blessed by the unwavering support of our fans and the incredibly powerful voice of the critical community. We feel absolutely privileged to heat up one last helping of leftovers.”
Good news everyone. One more season left to come.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 18
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up