ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 72
« First < 273334353637 3839404147 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Most Teams ‘Not Interested’ in Chiefs’ Eric Bieniemy
Mephistopheles Janx 02:37 AM 12-30-2020
https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city...5-o3CPAb3Zxeek

Originally Posted by :
On a previous episode of the PFN Weekly show, Allbright mentioned that Eric Bieniemy is “a titleholder who relays the play calls in but doesn’t make the play calls very often.”

“Andy Reid’s doing the play calling. Like 99 percent of the time Andy Reid is doing the play calling, he designed the offense, all of that stuff.”

Allbright has also mentioned that Bieniemy’s previous interviews have been poor. These poor interviews have likely caused him to fall out of consideration for certain positions in the past. Allbright mentioned that some teams with vacancies aren’t all that interested in Bieniemy. These historical poor interviews could be a big reason why.

[Reply]
Megatron96 06:18 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Blah blah blah Tyreek Hill crap blah blah

Okay, you guys got that out of your system?

I think Florio probably hits the nail on the head here about why Bieniemy hasn't gotten an offer.

Starts at the point in the segment, goes for like 5 minutes-ish.

this explanation makes a lot of sense, whether it's actually true, we might not ever really know.

But I've seen the scenario they're talking about play out exactly like that numerous times. Just one example: one of my best friends from flight school was an excellent pilot, was one of the top 2 pilots in our class, but it took him 5 years to find a job, and it ended up being a job with a small regional in AK. Eventually he found a good job working for a fractional airline. In fact, he never got a job with a major commuter, and it was simply because he was a terrible interview. In short, he made interviewers uncomfortable.

It could be that EB is just a really bad interview. And if he were applying for an OC job, maybe nobody cares. But as HC, he's going to be in front of TV cameras every week, he's going to be introduced to the Owner's friends/family/business associates, etc. and he would have to be able to be "presentable," in those situations. Especially in the modern NFL universe.

Of course, this doesn't really explain Gase, who's about as creepy a TV personality as I've ever seen, but whatever.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 06:27 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
So, at the end of the day, when all the caterwauling is done, all you really have is the fact that he hasn't been hired in three years?

Not enough to start crying "RACISM!" Not by a long shot.

But you keep going off half-cocked. Not like we aren't used to it.
You can keep making all the excuses you like...but when white coach's with way less experience or success, continue to get hired over EB then race will be spoken about whether you like it or not. THERE IS A REASON THE ROONEY HAD TO BE PUT IN PLACE...and if you don't understand the reason then I suggest you do some research.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:30 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
You can keep making all the excuses you like...but when white coach's with way less experience or success, continue to get hired over EB then race will be spoken about whether you like it or not. THERE IS A REASON THE ROONEY HAD TO BE PUT IN PLACE...and if you don't understand the reason then I suggest you do some research.
:-)
[Reply]
Bowser 06:30 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Maybe Bieniemy just doesn't interview worth a shit. Maybe Bieniemy is an unrelatable asshole to those who aren't close with him. Maybe he has no filter and tells these owners exactly what he thinks about their teams and players. Maybe a thousand other things than racism, especially in an era where racism is being actively battled by the NFL.

If it truly were a race thing, I'm pretty sure Bieniemy wouldn't be shy about saying so.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:32 PM 01-15-2021
Frontrunners for the remaining jobs

Eagles - Joe Brady

Lions - Dan Campbell

Chargers - Brian Daboll

Texans - Who knows lol

That's probably his only shot and it may only happen if a couple other guys turn it down first.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:34 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I agree. Teams are passing over Bienemy because they don't want to wait and expect Chiefs to be busy the next few weeks.
If that's the case, why bother to interview him at all?
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:34 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Maybe Bieniemy just doesn't interview worth a shit. Maybe Bieniemy is an unrelatable asshole to those who aren't close with him. Maybe he has no filter and tells these owners exactly what he thinks about their teams and players. Maybe a thousand other things than racism, especially in an era where racism is being actively battled by the NFL.

If it truly were a race thing, I'm pretty sure Bieniemy wouldn't be shy about saying so.
I'm sure that Andy/Patrick/the rest of the team would be loudly saying so.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:39 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:

Eagles - Joe Brady

Lions - Dan Campbell

Chargers - Brian Daboll

Texans - Who knows lol

That's probably his only shot and it may only happen if a couple other guys turn it down first.
I'm guessing Texans will sneak jerod mayo in there. Because that's what these stooges do.
[Reply]
mkp785 06:57 PM 01-15-2021

Eagles - Joe Brady

Lions - Dan Campbell

Chargers - Brian Daboll

Texans - Who knows lol

Doug Pederson? Though I still hope that EB gets a shot. Having Watson pull for him helps. Philly seems like a possibility as well.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:04 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:

How many white OC's or DC's who have won the SB have NOT gotten an opportunity to be a HC in recent years? I mean you've got special teams coach's like Joe Judge, QB coach like Zac Taylor and now a TE coach in Dan Campbell, all of whome never called plays, but have gotten a job before EB??? At some point the elephant In the room cannot be ignored any longer no matter how uncomfortable it makes people feel.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:13 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I'd assume because he starts out high on many lists. But once the interviews start if 2 or 3 guys all look really good they decide to go with who they can lock up first.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:21 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Rooney Rule?
[Reply]
penchief 08:13 PM 01-15-2021
He’ll probably end up in Houston because they’ll be out of options and appeasing Watson will be their best option. If that happens I wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up being the best of the lot. He may not be a play caller but he is definitely a coach.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:24 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Really?

Pederson was in Philly for 5 seasons, led them to the playoffs 3 out of those 5 years winning the division twice and adding their only Super Bowl title in franchise history (with a backup QB, nonetheless).

Nagy has been in Chicago 3 seasons and has led a very average Bears team with a messy QB situation to the playoffs 2 out of 3 seasons, including one AFC North title beating out the Packers and Vikings who were both superior teams.

I mean, it’s not up to current Chiefs standards or Brady’s Pats standards, but I think they’ve done alright for themselves.
I completely agree. Plus look at others from his tree. They are far more successful than the Belichick tree.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:33 PM 01-15-2021
Rooney Rule?
Most of these teams have already interviewed Marvin Lewis, Robert Saleh, Jim Caldwell, et al, so there's no reason to bring in Bieniemy for a "token" interview.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 72
« First < 273334353637 3839404147 > Last »
Up