ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Do you approve or disapprove of The Trade? Why?
I approve of the trade and am thrilled about Patrick Mahomes. 284 81.61%
I approve of the trade, even through I would’ve preferred Deshaun Watson over Patrick Mahomes. 29 8.33%
I approve of the trade, even through I would’ve preferred Deshone Kizer over Patrick Mahomes. 0 0%
I approve of the trade, even through I would’ve preferred a QB other than Watson/Kizer over Patrick Mahomes. 1 0.29%
I approve of the trade, even through I would’ve preferred a non-QB over Patrick Mahomes. 1 0.29%
I disapprove of the trade because it was too much to pay even though I like Mahomes. 6 1.72%
I disapprove of the trade because I don’t think Mahomes is that good. 1 0.29%
I disapprove of the trade because I think we could get more value out of the three picks we gave up. 3 0.86%
I disapprove of the trade because we have greater needs than quarterback. 2 0.57%
I disapprove of the trade because I think Mahomes would have been available at 27. 4 1.15%
I have no idea what to think. 4 1.15%
I’m not going to vote because in the future I will change my opinion to make myself look smart. 2 0.57%
I'm still fixated that we drafted Blackledge over Marino. 11 3.16%
Voters: 348. You may not vote on this poll
Page 9 of 16
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Approval/Disapproval of The Trade.
Rain Man 08:06 PM 04-27-2017
If you don't know what The Trade is, just go away.

What do you think? This is a public poll, because we're going to come back in five years and revisit this day.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 10:12 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I've always had the perception that teams tend to value a next-year pick as being one round less than the same this-year pick.

That would put the value at:

2017 #10 pick - 1,300 points

versus

2017 #27 pick - 680 points
2017 #91 pick - 136 points
2018 1st round pick - 484 points is the equivalent of the 10th pick in the second round, so a one-round discount means it's a 10th pick in the first round.

So overall, it seems like a fair trade or even a good trade if you believe that rule of thumb. I personally think that the draft chart overvalues top-ten picks too much.

I hope Mahomes blows this trade out of the water. I just don't think I would have made the trade.
When it comes to 1st rounds, you aren't going to drop the value to a 2nd rounder.

Many people believe you don't trade the 1st rounders AT ALL because of their importance.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 10:13 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
And for good fucking reason! Glad the Chiefs traded up!

Of course if the Chiefs win the SB one day, you'all bitch about how they won it, bc well that's just you Laz.
I'm glad they traded up too.

Trade value wasn't great though
[Reply]
O.city 10:14 PM 04-27-2017
They had to go from 27 to 10 to get their guy. That's a shit long way to go and you're gonna have to give up value.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:15 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:
When it comes to 1st rounds, you aren't going to drop the value to a 2nd rounder.

Many people believe you don't trade the 1st rounders AT ALL because of their importance.
For a GM, you can argue that a 1st round pick in 2017 is worth more than the same 1st round pick in 2018. I tend to disagree with that. Other than saving a GM's job, they should be worth exactly the same over the life of a franchise.

If I was a GM, I'd trade every one of my picks in Year 1 for a slightly higher pick in Year 2, and then I'd do the same thing in Year 2.
[Reply]
DrRyan 10:16 PM 04-27-2017
For me, it could not be more simple. IF you don't have a QB, you do what you have to to go get the guy who you want. If it doesn't work out, you do it again in a 3-4 years. I have been hard on Andy on game days but I do trust him more than most to develop and get the most out of a QB.

On the other hand, my GF is a diehard Bears fan and that was embarrassing watching them shit the bed...
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:16 PM 04-27-2017
I'll be hating the trade a bit next year when the first round is happening, but I don't doubt Dorsey and Reid on the value.
[Reply]
Miles 10:16 PM 04-27-2017
Poll should have included a option for - I approve of the trade and was good with either Watson or Mahomes. I trust the choice of management.
[Reply]
AssEaterChief 10:16 PM 04-27-2017
overwhelming approval....showing people on CP have balls and want to go for it
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:17 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
And his hands are barely larger than kaepernicks. Haven't watched all his film but how does he play in cold/wet conditions??
So here it comes. The systematic, unrelenting, dressing-down of the stud the Chiefs have hand-picked to clean the seat Alex Smith has been defiling with his feces and urine for four seasons.

You need to find a liquor store and put it out of business in about 2 hours.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:17 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:
I'm glad they traded up too.

Trade value wasn't great though
QB is the sole position you give up value for if you think you can get your guy. Plus the Chiefs still have 8 picks including a pick in every rd. They still have tons of resources this year in a deep draft.

The Chiefs also getting rid of Alex in 2018 gets us almost $14 million.

Not too bad a deal IMO. We did lose value but I don't care as long as Mahomes turns out to be a good QB
[Reply]
Dmello12 10:17 PM 04-27-2017
Things are pretty opposite of what I remember here a year ago post first round. That one ended up working out pretty well for us. Also, really enjoyed Dorseys comments on Mahomes. Love the work Dorsey has done in his short time here.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:20 PM 04-27-2017
In all honesty, this was a utter and complete steal.

After the Bears gave up picks this year and next, just to move up ONE spot, I figured the Chiefs would need to give up all of their 2017 Comp picks and a 2 next year.

But a late 3rd and a most likely, a late 1st next year? No brainer.

Buffalo is dumb.

The Chiefs will most likely, move up and down tomorrow, as they have the ammo. This team was never going to draft 10 guys, as there isn't room on the roster but they're in a prime position to land a OLBer, ILBer, RB, CB and guard.

It's going to be a fantastic draft.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:20 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Not too bad a deal IMO. We did lose value but I don't care as long as Mahomes turns out to be a good QB
I think that's the bottom line. If you get a franchise quarterback, anything is a good deal. Let's all sacrifice a chicken at our altars tonight that Mahomes becomes a name of legend.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:21 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
And his hands are barely larger than kaepernicks. Haven't watched all his film but how does he play in cold/wet conditions??
Alex Smith hand size: 9 3/8
Pat Mahomes hand size: 9 1/4

They basically have the exact same hand size :-)
[Reply]
Frosty 10:22 PM 04-27-2017
This is considered to be an exceptionally deep draft so I am happy that they were able to keep most of the picks this year. For all we know, the 2018 draft could be like the 2013, so at this point, we don't really know the value of that 1st round pick at this time.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 16
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up