ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Mahomes expected to go in top 10
chiefforlife 03:50 PM 04-27-2017
Patrick Mahomes - QB - Player

The Post-Standard reports Texas Tech QB Patrick Mahomes is expected to go in the top 10.
Per reporter Matthew Fairburn, the Chiefs are "known to love" Mahomes, and are considering a trade up. The top 10 isn't lacking for quarterback-needy teams, including the team Fairburn covers, the Bills, at No. 10. Although this is considered a relatively poor quarterback class, teams appear prepared to go as crazy as usual pursuing football's most important position.
Related: Chiefs
Source: Matthew Fairburn on Twitter
Apr 27 - 5:18 PM
[Reply]
vailpass 04:07 PM 04-27-2017
Quarterbacks in the draft are like blondes in the bar. They get picked first even when sometimes they shouldn't be.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:08 PM 04-27-2017
I'll be watching the draft with Mahomies.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:08 PM 04-27-2017
Trade some of 2018's shitty picks to move up :-)

C'mon, Dorsey. Make Clay REALLY melt down!
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:10 PM 04-27-2017
If he is your guy, trade up into the top 10. IDGAF. Why should we? That is the ultimate stamp of confidence.

Take it out of everyone else's hands and go get the guy that you want. We have 10 picks and a roster with minimal holes. We can afford to trade up if we want to, top 10 or wherever.
[Reply]
Line Judge 04:11 PM 04-27-2017
USA Today's first page in NFL draft section was entirely about Mahomes
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:13 PM 04-27-2017
I've been told Alex Smith is worth two 2nds. There's your starting point.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:13 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
If he is your guy, trade up into the top 10. IDGAF. Why should we? That is the ultimate stamp of confidence.

Take it out of everyone else's hands and go get the guy that you want. We have 10 picks and a roster with minimal holes. We can afford to trade up if we want to, top 10 or wherever.
That's a real bad bite on a likely bluff.

Let me remind you that the cost that you're talking is essentially 3 1st round picks plus a 2nd in '18. We could move our 1st this year for a 1st and 2nd next year and then package that other 2nd with our 2nd this year for another 1st next year.

For the ammunition you're giving up to move up to 9 this year, you could almost certainly move up to 3 next year. And for all our conversations saying "Who cares about the top of next year's QB class when we can't get that high?" - a very valid point, I'll add - we COULD get that high with that kind of thump.

That's just too much all in the name of a likely bluff.
[Reply]
Trent Green GOAT 04:13 PM 04-27-2017
Todd mcshay had him at 30 this morning.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 04:14 PM 04-27-2017

Pretty much my thought... I can't get wrapped around the pick value and all that. If they are sold on a player, go get him. Granted, don't pull a Ricky Williams or RGIII type trade to make it happen though. Get a little crazy, just not drunken bat shit crazy.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:15 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Trent Green GOAT:
Todd mcshay had him at 30 this morning.
Everybody except this lone beat writer has Mahomes either going at 13 or sliding into the 20's
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 04:15 PM 04-27-2017

All of our 10 picks add up to around 1400 points.

That is equivalent to the 8th pick of the draft.

It would take our entire draft to move up that high. I don't think a team is even going to want our low round picks at all. It's would probably take some of our 2018 picks to move up there.

They better REALLY,REALLY want him for that.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:21 PM 04-27-2017
To get to pick 9, I'm guessing it would take our 1st, 2nd, one of this year's 3rds and a 2018 1st. Something like that.

That would leave us with 8 picks this year in that scenario. And you get your guy.

We haven't won a Super Bowl in 47 years. It is time to be bold and take a chance at the most important position. I'm not saying draft a guy just because he is a QB. But if they love Mahomes, nothing should stop them from a trade similar to the one above.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:23 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Pretty much my thought... I can't get wrapped around the pick value and all that. If they are sold on a player, go get him. Granted, don't pull a Ricky Williams or RGIII type trade to make it happen though. Get a little crazy, just not drunken bat shit crazy.
Yep.... it doesn't have to be a 1st round pick to be a Pro Bowl player. The great organizations make their hay in the mid to late rounds. RG3 didn't work out for Washington, but they have been way better off than the Rams since then nonetheless because they have found the talent in other rounds.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:27 PM 04-27-2017

Sweet. Then we could be like the Rams if Mahomes doesn't work out. Saddled with a Qb that looks to be a bust and pretty much out of the draft for the next two years.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:28 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Line Judge:
USA Today's first page in NFL draft section was entirely about Mahomes
That's why you hire Leigh Steinberg as your agent.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up