ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 195
« First < 23456 789101656106 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****2017 NFL Draft Thread**** (NO Spoilers)
Dante84 11:29 PM 04-26-2017
Let's fucking do this.

Rules:
1. No spoiled picks in this thread, all weekend. This means that as tweets are leaking picks a few minutes before the selection is announced live, you don't post it in this thread (ex: embedded tweets), reference it in this thread (ex: Joe Slapdick says it's McCaffrey to Tampa) or hint at it (ex: "it's a RB!").

Don't be a dick.

Otherwise, have fun, talk shit, freak out and lose your goddamned minds. It's Draft Weekend. The hot takes in these threads are so funny.

I'll also be starting threads for each of our picks as they are made, with videos and notable stats/takes in the OP. Pure knee jerk gold to reference in the future.
[Reply]
O.city 08:36 AM 04-27-2017
Unless they wanna pay alot to go up and give up alot next year, they're gonna be taking a flawed qb prospect late in the first.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:37 AM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by The Bunk:
Holthus was hinting at this heavily yesterday on 810 as well.
Jackson has a ton of late buzz and some teams supposedly have him as the 2nd corner..Daniel Jeremiah has him gone before the Chiefs even pick so he may not even be an option.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:38 AM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by 19now11:
today is my birthday! and im a huge alex smih fan. that means andy wouldnt ruin my day by selecting a qb in rounds 1 or 2. i cant wait to seey our heads explode when we go mcafrey, faty, and defence. this year will be the year allex is in the nfl mvp raceand may take us all the way. most you blow hards will still call for his head and put a * by our super bowl since it was alex slinging the ball. Alex admits he hears your screams, and its a contract year. hes gona blow the fuck up! book it fellas. go chiefs. fuck mchomes. steph curry lookin pos!:-)
i hope someone gets you a hooker for your birthday, and she gives you AIDS.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:39 AM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
And they had how many there this time last year for the 17 class?

I'm not opposed to waiting but it's a dangerous game to play and one where you end up having to make shitty decisiins.
Watson was projected in the Top 5 a year out by everyone.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 08:49 AM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
They already made a plan. You're just too lazy to see it.

They got comps for Daniel, Stephenson and S. Smith. They have the ammo...now use that ammo and follow through with the goddamn plan today.

Go get your guy.
Too lazy to see it? Damn, you just have to take a shot.

We could trade every pick we have and barely have enough ammo to get to the top 8. (our entire draft adds up to around 1400 points, that gets us to 8th in a weak QB year)

Luckily for us the QB aren't considered good enough to be top 8. In an elite QB year, we wouldn't have anywhere near enough "of a plan" to get up to grab one of the great prospects.
[Reply]
Frosty 08:51 AM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by 19now11:
today is my birthday! and im a huge alex smih fan. that means andy wouldnt ruin my day by selecting a qb in rounds 1 or 2. i cant wait to seey our heads explode when we go mcafrey, faty, and defence. this year will be the year allex is in the nfl mvp raceand may take us all the way. most you blow hards will still call for his head and put a * by our super bowl since it was alex slinging the ball. Alex admits he hears your screams, and its a contract year. hes gona blow the **** up! book it fellas. go chiefs. **** mchomes. steph curry lookin pos!:-)

[Reply]
Mecca 08:55 AM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:
Too lazy to see it? Damn, you just have to take a shot.

We could trade every pick we have and barely have enough ammo to get to the top 8. (our entire draft adds up to around 1400 points, that gets us to 8th in a weak QB year)

Luckily for us the QB aren't considered good enough to be top 8. In an elite QB year, we wouldn't have anywhere near enough "of a plan" to get up to grab one of the great prospects.
If you're wanting to get ahead of Arizona being scared they'll take Mahomes you're talking moving next years 1st.
[Reply]
Dante84 09:44 AM 04-27-2017
Deshaun Watson is getting a late boost up the board
Originally Posted by :
Many have pegged quarterback Deshaun Watson as the second quarterback off the board on Thursday night, behind Mitchell Trubisky and likely just beyond the top 10. (This year’s PFT Worst Mock Draft Ever has Watson going to the Cardinals at No. 13.) But something is happening as the draft approaches. Unless it isn’t.

Chatter has emerged in recent days that could push Watson as high as No. 3 to the Bears. More recently, talk has emerged that the Jaguars could take Watson at No. 4.

While it’s possible that some are speculating accurately, it’s difficult to envision either team leaking their true intentions. The Bears have become notoriously secretive in recent years, and the Jaguars managed without Tom Coughlin running the show to keep quiet their interest three years ago in Blake Bortles.

Could Watson go that high? Sure. Some would say he should, given his dominance of the Alabama defense in back-to-back national championship games.

For the bad teams at the top of the draft, there’s a greater chance than ever that one or more of the good teams toward the bottom of the draft will squat on quarterbacks who otherwise would squirt through to round two, Derek Carr style. So if a team without a franchise quarterback hopes to find one in the draft, they’ll either have to jump at the top of round one or swoop back in at the bottom.

[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:57 AM 04-27-2017
Mecca homering it up for a USC player? No way.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:03 AM 04-27-2017

[Reply]
The Franchise 10:09 AM 04-27-2017
http://www.draftcountdown.com/mock-d...-draft/page/3/

Posted his final mock draft.

Watson goes 25th to the Texans.

Originally Posted by :
27. TRE'DAVIOUS WHITE CB | L.S.U.

The Chiefs hit a home run with Marcus Peters in the first round a few years ago and now they need someone to play opposite their young All-Pro. LSU has been dubbed D.B.U. because they consistently produce NFL defensive backs and White, along with Jamal Adams, will help carry on that proud tradition. White is a smooth athlete with good length, fluid hips and quick feet who also draws positive commentary for his work ethic and leadership. They don’t come much more battle-tested than White either, with four years of starting experience against elite SEC competition. White doesn’t offer the same flash as some of his corner counterparts in this class, but he’s a rock-solid cover guy and may not even last this long on Thursday night. Kansas City will most likely focus on either a cornerback or linebacker here, although a running back such as Dalvin Cook of Florida St. or Joe Mixon of Oklahoma could be a darkhorse.
Mahomes isn't in his 1st round mock draft.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:24 AM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
http://www.draftcountdown.com/mock-d...-draft/page/3/

Posted his final mock draft.

Watson goes 25th to the Texans.

Mahomes isn't in his 1st round mock draft.
No thanks.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:26 AM 04-27-2017
Fuck that shit I'd rather have Jackson than White, and passing on Mahomes?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:36 AM 04-27-2017
[IMG][/IMG]
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 10:59 AM 04-27-2017
Seems to me that Watson is very similar to Alex Smith

not sure why people are so excited to get him

The only different about Watson is his confidence/aggressive attitude. All that could disappear in the NFL when money is at stake. If Watson loses even 25% of his aggressiveness he is Alex Smith with a tan.

He is not that accurate, he arm strength disappears if his footwork isn't right. He's a read/option type guy.

I dunno, folks. :-)
[Reply]
Page 6 of 195
« First < 23456 789101656106 > Last »
Up