ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 195
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****2017 NFL Draft Thread**** (NO Spoilers)
Dante84 11:29 PM 04-26-2017
Let's fucking do this.

Rules:
1. No spoiled picks in this thread, all weekend. This means that as tweets are leaking picks a few minutes before the selection is announced live, you don't post it in this thread (ex: embedded tweets), reference it in this thread (ex: Joe Slapdick says it's McCaffrey to Tampa) or hint at it (ex: "it's a RB!").

Don't be a dick.

Otherwise, have fun, talk shit, freak out and lose your goddamned minds. It's Draft Weekend. The hot takes in these threads are so funny.

I'll also be starting threads for each of our picks as they are made, with videos and notable stats/takes in the OP. Pure knee jerk gold to reference in the future.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:06 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
NFLN just said the Broncos are really trying to get up there for McCaffrey and are willing to give up a pick next year for him if necessary.

That's hillarious. We got a much better player in the 5th rd last yr. Dorsey is a pimp.
Setting aside all my disdain of Elway for just a brief moment of neutrality, this wouldn't surprise me. Elway is all about familiarity. He doesn't seem to trust people outside his inner circle, which is why he brought in Kubiak as a coach and why he brought in Wade Phillips as a defensive coordinator. Given the choice, he's going to hire the kid of his old buddy over some stranger.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:06 PM 04-27-2017

Big draft tipping point: The #AZCardinals at No. 13. Do they take Patrick Mahomes or go defense? If they pass on Mahomes, could slide to 20s

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 27, 2017

[Reply]
staylor26 02:07 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:

They're probably passing according to Peter King

It's happening
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:08 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Some chatter that the Browns may be trying to trade up to get Hooker or Adams instead of Trubisky. Garrett still 1st overall.
The Browns should trade up with themselves to get into the #1 spot. Maybe they trade the #12 pick and their 1st rounder in 2018 to move from 12 to 1 this year.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 02:08 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I'd flip out. I'd honestly rather reach on a DL (if none of the top 20 talent falls to us) than go that route.

For me, if we stay at 27, the preferences are:

1. QB (Mahomes/Watson/Kizer, and I will trust Reid and Dorsey if they think Webb is the guy)

2. Foster (if he falls to us)

3. Pass rusher (Watt is my boy, but if a better talent like Barnett falls to us, that's even more gravy. Would settle for McKinley or Bowser)

4. Some other weird occurrence of a top 20 talent falling to us that we couldn't predict but shouldn't pass up.

======================================

After this point, I'm starting to get angry. If ALL of those guys are taken, I understand, but if one is available, I'm going to be mildly upset.

5. A Chris Wormley-type DL talent. NOT Malik McDowell, but McDowell isn't Dorsey's kind of player anyway, so I don't think we have anything to worry about there.

6. Cunningham

NOW I start screaming AIDS:

7. Shitty CB/S not even worth a ****ing 1st round pick

8. OL

And the final tier is everybody else they might reach on. Now is where I kick dogs, burn Chiefs stuff, and put axes through cuttable surfaces like walls, TVs, bathroom counters, and old people

You'll notice all RBs are in that last tier.
You have made me laugh for years. Thank you, sir.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:09 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
They're probably passing according to Peter King

It's happening
Our 1st, 3rd and 2nd next year to the Colts at 15 for their 1st.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:10 PM 04-27-2017
Does that work on the trade value chart? If so, I wouldn't hesitate. Still have two day 2 picks to stack up.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:10 PM 04-27-2017
This.

If Dorsey is so concerned about picks, trade down in the first next year.

Now is the time to strike.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:12 PM 04-27-2017
I don't even know that we'd have to go that high. The only team in front of us that we'd have to worry about after the Cards is the Texans and Lance Zierlein is adamant the Texans won't go QB.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:13 PM 04-27-2017
Does that work on the trade value chart? If so, I wouldn't hesitate. Still have two day 2 picks to stack up.
#15 = 1050 points

#27 = 680
#91 = 136
Say we're picking in the same general area....our 2nd is worth anywhere from 350 to 300 points.

That puts us at roughly 1,115 points.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:16 PM 04-27-2017
I don't even know that we'd have to go that high. The only team in front of us that we'd have to worry about after the Cards is the Texans and Lance Zierlein is adamant the Texans won't go QB.
This.

If Mahomes slips past AZ, then we don't need to worry about a trade up until the early 20's.
[Reply]
nychief 02:17 PM 04-27-2017
Just watched the Elway to Marino 30 for 30 just to get ready for disappointment.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 02:24 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
It's gonna take forever to get to our pick then we will miss it because they go to commercial.
Fyp
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:29 PM 04-27-2017
I hope the Broncos trade up to #5 and then don't make it to the podium in time like the Vikings used to do and lose the pick.
[Reply]
Coogs 02:36 PM 04-27-2017
Even if Watson and Mahomes make it to the late teens, I hope we trade up to get one of them instead of waiting to see if they fall to us. The teams at the top of the 2nd may look to move in front of us and Houston if they can.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 195
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Up