ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>A Planet Toast to Lonewolf Ed?
Chiefnj2 11:09 AM 04-26-2017
In case you missed it in his dedicated stickied thread, Lonewolf Ed passed away this morning. I think everyone can agree that Ed courageously battled cancer and was an inspiration to all of us on how to handle an extremely difficulty situation.

I presume everyone will be glued to their tv's and this board tomorrow night during the draft.

I propose that when THE COMMISH SAYS CHIEFS ARE ON THE CLOCK tomorrow night, before all heck breaks out with KC's pick, we have a moment of silence and then all raise a glass in honor of Ed. A little something along the lines of "To Lonewolf Ed, always be kind and look for the positive in life. **** Cancer."
[Reply]
Dante84 12:43 PM 04-26-2017
I'm in. Had the pleasure of spending time with him and his mother in dec. 2014.

Brought him some of my mom's cookies and sat and chatted for a while. Super kind, easy going fella.

Gonna miss his updates.

I'll set my alarm for 9:30 tomorrow, and toast a good hearted man.
[Reply]
burt 12:44 PM 04-26-2017
Originally Posted by Canofbier:
In. It's pretty cool how he's managed to unite a bunch of strangers like he has.

Perfect. RIP, Ed....and do save me a seat.....
[Reply]
wazu 12:47 PM 04-26-2017
Originally Posted by Frosty:
I recognize Phobia but who else is in there?
Updated. Might have Morphius and Dayze confused, though.
[Reply]
Donger 12:49 PM 04-26-2017
Absolutely.
[Reply]
kccrow 12:50 PM 04-26-2017
Originally Posted by Frosty:
Toast Sac when the first Utah player gets taken.
Sounds like a good plan. Won't be any later than 2nd round and probably 1st with Bolles.

Ed before Chiefs pick.
Sac when Utah pick is made.

These two are going to have me well on my way to drunk.
[Reply]
bigjosh 12:52 PM 04-26-2017
I never really participated in lwe thread but i always read the updates. I have Never seen such a genuine person on a message board before. I will be raising one for him tomorrow. Goodbye friend.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
[Reply]
alanm 12:52 PM 04-26-2017
Damn.. Sorry to hear Ed passed away. It's been a tough year so far on the Planet. RIP Ed.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 01:02 PM 04-26-2017
Great idea
[Reply]
Dayze 01:22 PM 04-26-2017
Originally Posted by wazu:
Here's the photo of the CP get-together a couple of years back.

I *think* it is this left-to-right:

Morphius, Wazu, Phobia, Dayze, Sedated, Lonewolf Ed
yep, that's the one I was thinking of.

and I believe your CP to Real Life order is correct as well. (I forgot Morphius was there too)
[Reply]
Dayze 01:23 PM 04-26-2017
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Sounds like a good plan. Won't be any later than 2nd round and probably 1st with Bolles.

Ed before Chiefs pick.
Sac when Utah pick is made.

These two are going to have me well on my way to drunk.
that's a good idea.
I'm rolling with that idea too.
[Reply]
Frosty 01:26 PM 04-26-2017
Originally Posted by Dayze:
yep, that's the one I was thinking of.

and I believe your CP to Real Life order is correct as well. (I forgot Morphius was there too)
Sedated looks like he is living up to his name in that picture.
[Reply]
Dayze 01:29 PM 04-26-2017
Originally Posted by bigjosh006:
I never really participated in lwe thread but i always read the updates. I have Never seen such a genuine person on a message board before. I will be raising one for him tomorrow. Goodbye friend.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
yeah, I had never met him before and decided to go on a whim and meet a few guys for some beers. LWE had put out a thread saying he was headed to Barley's for a beer or two and anyone was welcome to attend. I got there and he was already there. Dude was super easy to talk to and hang out and just shoot the breeze all day on damn near any topic. Felt like talking to an old acquintance/friend. Even though I only met him once, you just go tthe feeling he was a good, honest man.

Glad I met him.
[Reply]
TLO 01:51 PM 04-26-2017
RIP Ed. Thanks for everything.
[Reply]
Hydrae 03:35 PM 04-26-2017
I rarely drink but I have a Chiefs labeled Bud Light that I will throw in the fridge tonight so it will be cold tomorrow. Originally I figured I would just keep it as a kind of collectible but I think this is a much better use for it!

Damn, it has been really dusty in the office today. RIP Ed, you were one of a kind.
[Reply]
KranzDictum 03:43 PM 04-26-2017
Sorry for your loss. Wish his family and his soul peace.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Up