ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Media Center>SPLIT
SAGA45 04:08 PM 04-19-2017
Count me as being in the minority of moviegoers NOT on the M. Night Shyamalan hate train. I'm not a fan of all of his work but he's had a few that I found particularly captivating and well crafted (Devil, Unbreakable, Sixth Sense, etc). Needless to say his films are an acquired taste.

Split is one of those that I thoroughly enjoyed. Just the depth of the debate surrounding split personalities alone had me hooked. But you have also this villain who....due to that disorder...is several villains in one...including one personality of a nine-year old boy.

I know most probably didn't like this movie and don't like Shyamalan's work much at all, but this was a good movie. There's even a nod to his previous work, Unbreakable, that hints at a potential sequel. Seems as though Shyamalan is becoming a sort of twisted Stan Lee ...creating his own universe of odd heroes and villains.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:55 PM 04-19-2017
That ending scene was classic. Took me completely by surprise.

Great movie
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:54 PM 04-19-2017
I thought it was a good movie also. I'm a fan of a lot of his movies.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:07 PM 04-19-2017
M Night gets bad rap, I think.

Off the top of my head, the only one of his movies that was a true shitpiece was The Village. Good Lord that movie was such a disappointment.

Unbreakable, Sixth Sense, Signs, and Split are all really enjoyable.

I actually really liked Lady in the Water as well but everyone thinks that sucks so idk. I haven't watched it since I was a teen.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:43 AM 04-20-2017
Heard it was shit and ruined by a dumb twist
[Reply]
bowener 09:46 AM 04-20-2017
I had very low expectations going into this. It was good. Nothing amazing. Some of the acting was great at times. There wasn't a twist ending at all really. The movie went where you thought it might, but there just happened to be a small detail that wasn't expected.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:10 AM 04-20-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Heard it was shit and ruined by a dumb twist
The person that told you that was a complete idiot.

McAvoy was fucking insane good. His ability to shift quickly between personalities was uncanny.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
SAGA45 04:08 PM 04-20-2017
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Spoiler!
I agree
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:56 AM 04-21-2017
McAvoy stole the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:06 PM 04-21-2017
Shit movie from a shit director.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:36 PM 04-21-2017
I thought it was a pretty good movie. It exceeded my expectations and the ending wasn't surprising, as the movie kind of led you that direction. What was surprising is that they actually went there. I didn't think they would even though they hinted at it the whole way through.
[Reply]
MTG#10 07:21 PM 04-21-2017
Best movie I've seen in awhile. Big M. Night fan, even liked The Village. Haters can suck it.
[Reply]
MTG#10 07:23 PM 04-21-2017
Oh and can't wait for Unbreakable 2. I'm guessing they tie McAvoy's character in where he's the villain in it as well
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:54 PM 04-22-2017
Originally Posted by bowener:
I had very low expectations going into this. It was good. Nothing amazing. Some of the acting was great at times. There wasn't a twist ending at all really. The movie went where you thought it might, but there just happened to be a small detail that wasn't expected.
Agreed It really wasn't a twist ending. But it did take me by surprise and came from way out in left field. Never expected that

I had to explain to my teen daughter and her friend because they had no idea that earlier movie existed. They were both like "huh" ???
[Reply]
SAGA45 10:30 AM 04-23-2017
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Oh and can't wait for Unbreakable 2. I'm guessing they tie McAvoy's character in where he's the villain in it as well
Is that confirmed? ...Christ Jesus, I hope they have Willis' character visit Mr. Glass (Samuel L.) in the Asylum on some Hannibal Lecter, Batman/Joker advice type of deal to help catch The Horde. That'd be awesome
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up