ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 46
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs focused on Mahomes, McCaffrey, and Cunningham in RD1
pugsnotdrugs19 02:02 PM 04-17-2017
SEE POST #11 FIRST

... the word in the Chiefs building is that they would like to trade up for QB Patrick Mahomes or RB Christian McCaffrey in the first round. If this falls through, he said they like ILB Zach Cunningham a lot as well.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 05:11 PM 04-17-2017
Cunningham is just too skinny for my taste in ILB. He will get manhandled IMHO. If they pick him up they better beef him up a bit. Just saying.:-)
[Reply]
RunKC 05:16 PM 04-17-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Hey Doug and Andy are buds and they may possibly do a favor for each other here. You never know what Pederson really wants at this point. He doesn't need a QB and if he does not prefer McCaffery why not switch 1st rd spots while picking up some serious picks this year and next to build his team. If Mahomes is gone we get McCaffery. I don't hate McCaffery at all and think he would fit perfect in a Reid offense but I have always seriously doubted that his college game would not transfer to the NFL as a 3 down back. And with our mediocre at best o-line he will not run well between the tackles IMO so he will be used only in certain running and passing situations as some have compared to a Reggie Bush. Let's hope he is not soft like Bush though if we pick him.
The Eagles tattled on us and ****ed us out of a 3rd rd pick last year. I don't think Andy wants anything to do with that owner and GM.

I still maintain that 14 is the sweet spot. I really think it makes sense. Deep draft in Ballard's first year of a disaster that was handed to him and we have a mostly built roster in need of a QB.
I think Ballard could cut us a fair deal (27, 3rd, 2018 2nd).

It's all dependent on Arizona. I would think Dorsey has a deal in place with ballard so the moment Arizona passes on him we strike.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 05:19 PM 04-17-2017
Originally Posted by ct:
correction, alex smith is TRYING to run the mcnabb version, he just wont go down the field enough

I'm totally on board to move up for mahomes, but not mini-mac. I might be ok if he's still sitting there for 27, but would prefer cunningham or edge rusher if that's the case, so i guess it's a no for my taste.
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP:
Cunningham is a high energy, athletic LB that doesn't lack effort and fills a need. Would rather, admittedly biased, have Jarrad Davis.
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
They are both studs and would be really nice at 27.
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I bet Dorsey sees Cunningham as a Bernardrick McKinney type.
Originally Posted by staylor26:
FTR I'd probably take Davis over Cunningham
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Zach Cunningham is a need pick. I can think of 5 players off the top of my head that would be far better picks.

He's not a first rd player
Originally Posted by Urc Burry:
Cunningham has amazing range for an ILB and would be a nice replacement for DJ. One gripe I have with him is that he seems to arm tackle way too much. The same thing we have complained about Ramik for
Not doubting Cunningham's skills at all he is just too skinny for my taste at ILB and agree that Davis would be a better pick at ILB if our prized players are already taken. The reason for Cunningham's arm tackling is he knows he is too skinny and doesn't have the beef to consistently throw his body into a tackle and relies on his speed and coverage to afford arm tackling IMHO but that won't cut it at the NFL level.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 05:24 PM 04-17-2017
The Eagles tattled on us and ****ed us out of a 3rd rd pick last year. I don't think Andy wants anything to do with that owner and GM.

I still maintain that 14 is the sweet spot. I really think it makes sense. Deep draft in Ballard's first year of a disaster that was handed to him and we have a mostly built roster in need of a QB.

It's all dependent on Arizona. I would think Dorsey has a deal in place with ballard so the moment Arizona passes on him we strike.
Yeah, I forgot about that tattling on us. But you never know. And it makes more sense that we can help Ballard as he can help us as well. And I agree that AZ is the wildcard at this point. Great realistic perspective Run !!:-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:28 PM 04-17-2017

Sold
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 05:32 PM 04-17-2017
we strike.
and there is a very good chance we strike with not only those other teams that want Mahomes assuming he is still there but if not we very likely would be striking with Denver for McCaffrey and I think Ballard would do us a deal but then again this is a business.
[Reply]
TLO 05:43 PM 04-17-2017
FUCK WHITE RUNNING BACKS AMEN
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:50 PM 04-17-2017
I have said Mahomes to KC for awhile. They love him and I've heard the rumblings as well.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:10 PM 04-17-2017
When people say, "McCaffrey is a fit for our offense," they're ignoring the fact that we'd be continuing to feed Alex more short yardage binkies for him to suck on while we need first downs in playoff games.

I don't want to give Alex any more fucking weapons until he properly uses the ones he's got right the fuck in front of him.

What I say to the idea of giving Alex a short yardage YAC target like McCaffrey:

[Reply]
RippedmyFlesh 06:17 PM 04-17-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:
McCaffrey is very Jamaal Charles-like

*ducks and hides under the table*
If he's Charles like then Mahomes is Steve Young like so a better value.
[Reply]
RobBlake 06:19 PM 04-17-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
When people say, "McCaffrey is a fit for our offense," they're ignoring the fact that we'd be continuing to feed Alex more short yardage binkies for him to suck on while we need first downs in playoff games.

I don't want to give Alex any more ****ing weapons until he properly uses the ones he's got right the **** in front of him.

What I say to the idea of giving Alex a short yardage YAC target like McCaffrey:

That makes no sense.. more weapons the merrier
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:20 PM 04-17-2017
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Your friend needs to keep his fucking mouth shut.

That said, thanks for passing the info to us :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:29 PM 04-17-2017
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
That makes no sense.. more weapons the merrier
If you give Alex Smith a Donnie Avery, Dwayne Bowe, bad OL, Jamaal Charles offense, he'll give you 3500 yards, ~20 TDs, and single digit INTs.

If you give Alex Smith a Jeremy Maclin, Travis Kelce, and some OL, he'll give you 3500 yards, ~20 TDs, and single digit INTs.

If you give Alex Smith a dynamic playmaking deep threat like Tyreek Hill and some better WRs plus an elite RT in free agency, he'll give you 3500 yards, FEWER than 20 TDs, and single digit INTs.

Those resources you use to get him weapons could be used to get some more dynamic passrushers, a 2nd shutdown CB, a replacement for DJ at ILB

I used to grow up in Vikings country. They used to have a short yardage guy named Leroy Hoard. The fans used to say this about him: "If you need 1 yard, Leroy Hoard will give you 2 yards. If you need 3 yards, Leroy Hoard will give you 2 yards."

That's who Alex is. No matter what.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 06:30 PM 04-17-2017
Gonn have to trade up ahead of the Texans for Mahomes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Kiimo 06:35 PM 04-17-2017
Good, we have 10 picks and about 5 needs so do it.

Also I would much rather draft a QB and him fail this year than watch us pass on the chance and see him succeed just like Carr, Rodgers and Wilson.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 46
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up