ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 46
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs focused on Mahomes, McCaffrey, and Cunningham in RD1
pugsnotdrugs19 02:02 PM 04-17-2017
SEE POST #11 FIRST

... the word in the Chiefs building is that they would like to trade up for QB Patrick Mahomes or RB Christian McCaffrey in the first round. If this falls through, he said they like ILB Zach Cunningham a lot as well.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 04:53 PM 04-17-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
McNabb 'turned to complete shit' because he was in Washington where everything turned to complete shit and he was ancient.

McNabb's sandlot football went to 4 AFC championship games while Alex Smith can't beat a team that scores zero touchdowns at home. I'll take McNabb over Smith every time and at this point, frustrations aside, I believe Reid would as well.

There's no way he's not !@#$ing tired of this. For all you say about him being older and not wanting to deal with the headache, the guy KNOWS his place in the NFL pantheon of all-time coaches depends on a Super Bowl. If he wins a championship, he becomes a top 10 guy in the eyes of many. He probably goes to the HOF.

He'll have the W%, raw victories and championship he needs to be in the conversation with all but maybe 2-3 guys in NFL history. He NEEDS this championship to have a legacy that matters. He knows it.

He's not going to ride or die with this chickenshit forever. If Mahomes gets to 16, he's a Chief.
What if Reid came to the conclusion if that McNabb was the reason why he never won a ring and would have been better off with a game manager surrounded by an all-star RB and ridiculously good YAC receivers on offense to augment an all-decade level defense?
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:56 PM 04-17-2017
If Mahomes gets to 16, he's a Chief.
16, huh?

Damn, that's a bold prediction.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:56 PM 04-17-2017
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
What if Reid came to the conclusion if that McNabb was the reason why he never won a ring and would have been better off with a game manager surrounded by an all-star RB and ridiculously good YAC receivers on offense to augment an all-decade level defense?
So what conclusions can he reach by the fact that 4 years later the flip side of that coin is 1-3 in the post-season?

If your answer to McNabb's improvising is Alex Smith's....nothing...then you've read the question wrong.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:58 PM 04-17-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
16, huh?

Damn, that's a bold prediction.
I'm not positive we'd trade up that high, but if he makes it past the Cardinals there are a bunch of spots between there and 20 where we can make a deal happen that isn't cost-prohibitive. We may trade up to 20 and snag him at 20, but if he gets to 16 I think he's clear of the high-end threats that can knock us out of the bidding.

And if they're fighting with Houston to get into the late teens/early 20s to make the move, I don't think Dorsey will blink this time. The Treadwell stuff was a pretty apparent smokescreen and they got sniped by Denver on Lynch. Dorsey's not going to let that happen this year - he'll find his landing spot for his guy and he'll make the move to get there.

Unless Arizona fucks us because the firepower it takes to get up to 11/12 may just be too much.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 05:01 PM 04-17-2017
Depends on the draft board - Watson is just Chocolate Smith, IMO. And Kizer appears to not justify the risk, though I could see us jumping at 27.

But if Mahomes or Trubisky are sitting there within feasible trade-up range and we don't pull the trigger, you'll be right.
Wow, that certainly narrows the possibilities. :-)

Pull a Dikta and trade everything to get Trubisky
Mahomes falls
Nothing

Andy "the QB guru" Reid is certainly limited in who he can be good with. People keep insisting that this draft really does have a good QB class. Yet it comes down to only 2 players?
[Reply]
-King- 05:02 PM 04-17-2017
McNabb 'turned to complete shit' because he was in Washington where everything turned to complete shit and he was ancient.

McNabb's sandlot football went to 4 AFC championship games while Alex Smith can't beat a team that scores zero touchdowns at home. I'll take McNabb over Smith every time and at this point, frustrations aside, I believe Reid would as well.

There's no way he's not !@#$ing tired of this. For all you say about him being older and not wanting to deal with the headache, the guy KNOWS his place in the NFL pantheon of all-time coaches depends on a Super Bowl. If he wins a championship, he becomes a top 10 guy in the eyes of many. He probably goes to the HOF.

He'll have the W%, raw victories and championship he needs to be in the conversation with all but maybe 2-3 guys in NFL history. He NEEDS this championship to have a legacy that matters. He knows it.

He's not going to ride or die with this chickenshit forever. If Mahomes gets to 16, he's a Chief.
Let's not act like they went to those NFC championships BECAUSE of McNabb. He was a pretty average QB in the playoffs. Averaged 234 yards 1.5 touchdowns and 1 interception a game with 59% completion.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Bewbies 05:04 PM 04-17-2017
Originally Posted by -King-:
Let's not act like they went to those NFC championships BECAUSE of McNabb. He was a pretty average QB in the playoffs. Averaged 234 yards 1.5 touchdowns and 1 interception a game with 59% completion.
Posted via Mobile Device
1.5 TD's per game? We can't deal with that level of success here for sure.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:04 PM 04-17-2017
Originally Posted by Jerok:
New info. Won't tell my source. Chiefs will draft a player I'm the first round, unless they trade down. Again, my source wants to be confidential, but this is at least 90% sure, everytime.
Shut the fuck up
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 05:04 PM 04-17-2017
Posted via Mobile Device
Andy Reid was wanting to win with defense in Philly too.

Isn't Alex Smith a very "win-with-defense" type QB?

Isn't that what Reid has been trying to do in KC, win with defense?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 05:04 PM 04-17-2017
So what conclusions can he reach by the fact that 4 years later the flip side of that coin is 1-3 in the post-season?

If your answer to McNabb's improvising is Alex Smith's....nothing...then you've read the question wrong.
As others have glibly pointed out, the 1-3 isn't nearly as important as 43-21 being better than 2-14 to the person ultimately in charge.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:06 PM 04-17-2017
Posted via Mobile Device
234 yards per game was top 10 passing in 2005

To say nothing of the fact that McNabb was 2nd in passing yards per game that year.

You're also ignoring rushing TDs.
[Reply]
-King- 05:06 PM 04-17-2017
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
1.5 TD's per game? We can't deal with that level of success here for sure.
Alex Smith averages 2 touchdowns a game in the playoffs.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:09 PM 04-17-2017
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah that player is dead and gone.

In his last 3 playoff games he averages 1 TD per game.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 05:09 PM 04-17-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
McCaffrey will be an Eagle. There's no way in hell Doug Peterson is passing on him. He fits the Eagles as well as he fits us.
Hey Doug and Andy are buds and they may possibly do a favor for each other here. You never know what Pederson really wants at this point. He doesn't need a QB and if he does not prefer McCaffery why not switch 1st rd spots while picking up some serious picks this year and next to build his team. If Mahomes is gone we get McCaffery. I don't hate McCaffery at all and think he would fit perfect in a Reid offense but I have always seriously doubted that his college game would not transfer to the NFL as a 3 down back. And with our mediocre at best o-line he will not run well between the tackles IMO so he will be used only in certain running and passing situations as some have compared to a Reggie Bush. Let's hope he is not soft like Bush though if we pick him.
[Reply]
Bewbies 05:10 PM 04-17-2017
Posted via Mobile Device
He threw 15 TD's last year. Or, less than 1.5 per game, which was my joke.

Or maybe it was his joke. Because 15 passing TD's in a league that doesn't allow defense is a joke.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 46
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up