ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 46
« First < 283435363738 39404142 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs focused on Mahomes, McCaffrey, and Cunningham in RD1
pugsnotdrugs19 02:02 PM 04-17-2017
SEE POST #11 FIRST

... the word in the Chiefs building is that they would like to trade up for QB Patrick Mahomes or RB Christian McCaffrey in the first round. If this falls through, he said they like ILB Zach Cunningham a lot as well.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:01 PM 04-26-2017
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Why would anyone be surprised..the myth that "white" players can't compete is pure BS.
They can absolutely compete. But not at RB.

Why the hell have we not seen a truly successful white RB in the league since Riggins? That was 1984.

Do they choose to not play the position? They play all kinds of athletic positions like LB, DB, DT, OT, and WR, and they do just fine. Why not RB? What's their problem?

Teams clearly aren't racist towards them and selecting black guys for the sake of their skin color. So why haven't we seen a good white feature RB in forever?

It's not a fucking myth. It's reality. Successful starting white RBs are as rare in this league as Asians.

Deal with it. White people are well represented in all kinds of athletic events. So what if they can't play RB?
[Reply]
New World Order 09:45 PM 04-26-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
They can absolutely compete. But not at RB.

Why the hell have we not seen a truly successful white RB in the league since Riggins? That was 1984.

Do they choose to not play the position? They play all kinds of athletic positions like LB, DB, DT, OT, and WR, and they do just fine. Why not RB? What's their problem?

Teams clearly aren't racist towards them and selecting black guys for the sake of their skin color. So why haven't we seen a good white feature RB in forever?

It's not a ****ing myth. It's reality. Successful starting white RBs are as rare in this league as Asians.

Deal with it. White people are well represented in all kinds of athletic events. So what if they can't play RB?

Don't forget one of the all time greats Travis Jervey.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:13 PM 04-26-2017
Why are there so few black swimmers? They are just as capable of being great swimmers as white people!

Well, yes, black people can swim. Some of them are pretty fast in the water. Good enough to compete in the Olympics? Common enough at that stage of competition to make people not raise an eyebrow when they see a black swimmer?

I'm not being racist here. These are facts. These are numbers. Participation numbers at the highest level of competition.

That's the exact same boat white RBs are in. Fantastic athletes, I'm sure. So when 99.9% of them turn into FBs and shitty scatbacks who aren't as talented as the black midget scatbacks, I mean...

That's just reality. I'm sorry, but it is. Crying about it and labeling it a "myth" just makes you look like a fool.
[Reply]
kccrow 11:51 PM 04-26-2017
I truly believe it's how they're pushed from a young age. More white athletes go to QB, OL, FB, S, LB, TE. More black athletes go to CB, RB, WR, DL, LB.

Overlap occurs, but you end up with some serious segregation of certain positions. I don't know if it's some deeply ingrained stigma or what, but it's odd.

I can't recall the last white CB in the NFL. There have been some good white FBs like Hoge and Alstott that contributed toting the rock. On the other side, you kind of wonder why there aren't more black QBs, at the very least as backups.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:18 AM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I truly believe it's how they're pushed from a young age. More white athletes go to QB, OL, FB, S, LB, TE. More black athletes go to CB, RB, WR, DL, LB.

Overlap occurs, but you end up with some serious segregation of certain positions. I don't know if it's some deeply ingrained stigma or what, but it's odd.

I can't recall the last white CB in the NFL. There have been some good white FBs like Hoge and Alstott that contributed toting the rock. On the other side, you kind of wonder why there aren't more black QBs, at the very least as backups.
There are plenty of white RBs that trickle through. All of them suck, and the once every 10 years or so when you get a white guy who rushes for 1000 yards, he's a glorified FB.

The Watts are a standout football family. One of them is perhaps the most outstanding pass rushing DL guy I've ever seen. He's got a brother who will become a pretty good passrusher.

What about the middle brother? Worthless crap FB. Pretty good FB, but he's still a FB.
[Reply]
Iowanian 07:41 PM 04-27-2017
Credit due. Credit given.

Thanks for the correct information.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:48 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Iowanian:

I owe it all to the source. I trusted it from the start, but damn that is bold.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:49 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I owe it all to the source. I trusted it from the start, but damn that is bold.
You're the shit man!!!
[Reply]
Coogs 08:53 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Iowanian:

This!
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:58 PM 04-27-2017
Hopefully we get Cunningham in 2nd.
[Reply]
scho63 10:11 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Otter:
If the Chiefs manage to grab Mahomes I officially claim him as my "adopt a Chief".

My "Adopt a Chief" will be the one to make it happen. :-)
[Reply]
beach tribe 10:15 PM 04-27-2017
I never expected this..

Thanks for the info..

Respect
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:35 AM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by nychief:
Just think fellas...24 hrs from now we'll be at pick 4 of the first round.

Close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Rausch 11:03 AM 05-11-2017
Originally Posted by Rausch:
We either believe there's a legit QBOTF this year and go get him or we trade down and build up the team in one of the deepest drafts in the last 10 years to prepare for one next year.

This is the choice we have to make...
Heh...
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:16 AM 02-11-2020
HALL OF CLASSICS, FOLKS.
[Reply]
Page 38 of 46
« First < 283435363738 39404142 > Last »
Up