ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Terez Paylor latest Mock. QB or CB..
Chief Roundup 07:55 AM 04-14-2017
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl...144500799.html

12. Browns take QB Trubisky
25. Texans take QB Watson
27. Chiefs take CB Gareon Conley Ohio State

No other QB gets selected in the 1st round.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:19 AM 04-14-2017
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Absolutely no need to draft a corner in the first round in this draft. Good starters will be available in the third round.

I'll be sick if Mahomes is on the board and we pass to take a corner.
2nd and 3rd rd CB's will be nice #2 CB's.

Awuzie, Conley, King, Jones. These are all #1 caliber CB's.

Looks like OLB or CB is the best talent on the board if we don't go QB.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:23 AM 04-14-2017
Gonna be interesting to see how it plays out.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:19 AM 04-15-2017
I continue to believe we will pass on a QB.

Because we are the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:26 AM 04-15-2017
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I continue to believe we will pass on a QB.

Because we are the Chiefs.
I'm starting to believe there won't be any to pass on by the time we pick. I think Watson, Trubisky and Mahomes will be long gone. Not amped about Kizer, Webb or Peterman.
[Reply]
Direckshun 02:50 PM 04-15-2017
Peterman in the 2nd.

Prepare thy anuses.
[Reply]
ILChief 08:49 PM 04-17-2017
WTF do people think we need another corner? We have Peters, Mitchell, Nelson, Gaines, White. We're fine there. If they want a mid rounder then ok but it is way down on our list of needs.

We're drafting DT or ILB. We ignore offense.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:09 PM 04-17-2017
Originally Posted by ILChief:
WTF do people think we need another corner? We have Peters, Mitchell, Nelson, Gaines, White. We're fine there. If they want a mid rounder then ok but it is way down on our list of needs.

We're drafting DT or ILB. We ignore offense.
um we need a legitimate 2nd corner
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 10:36 PM 04-17-2017
still there

QB Mahomes
S Peppers
QB Kizer
CB Marlon Humphrey
CB Quincy Williams
LB Zach Cunningham
OT Ryan Ramczyk
DT Malik McDowell
CB Tre'Davious White
[Reply]
El Jefe 06:58 AM 04-18-2017
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Not a big Conley fan. His supporting cast padded his stats, namely Hooker and Lattimore.
I like Q. Wilson or F. Moreau as better fits and better players.

Said no one ever, literally the dumbest thing I have read. Lattimore was targeted a lot throughout the season because no one knew if he would hold up. This was the only year he has been healthy enough to play. Nobody was throwing heavy at Conley. Lattimore was picked on early and often, which he answered the call. If anything, Lattimore and Hooker took stats away from Conley. Conley is not a top 20 pick in my opinion. After 20, I think he is a fantastic pick, he is fast, athletic and intelligent, and he is not afraid of contact.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:48 AM 04-18-2017
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
um we need a legitimate 2nd corner
You don't think Mitchell played like a legitimate 2nd corner?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:51 AM 04-18-2017
They're not taking a CB in the 1st round.

The need isn't there (we have a #1 in a league where maybe half the league can say that) and the depth is too great (there are capable #2 CBs that will be there in the 3rd round).

There is a zero percent chance we go CB in the first, IMO.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:53 AM 04-18-2017
Originally Posted by El Jefe:
Said no one ever, literally the dumbest thing I have read. Lattimore was targeted a lot throughout the season because no one knew if he would hold up. This was the only year he has been healthy enough to play. Nobody was throwing heavy at Conley. Lattimore was picked on early and often, which he answered the call. If anything, Lattimore and Hooker took stats away from Conley. Conley is not a top 20 pick in my opinion. After 20, I think he is a fantastic pick, he is fast, athletic and intelligent, and he is not afraid of contact.

[Reply]
RunKC 10:54 AM 04-18-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
They're not taking a CB in the 1st round.

The need isn't there (we have a #1 in a league where maybe half the league can say that) and the depth is too great (there are capable #2 CBs that will be there in the 3rd round).

There is a zero percent chance we go CB in the first, IMO.
Who would you take if QB isn't an option?

I would say pass rusher...preferably TJ Watt
[Reply]
TambaBerry 10:56 AM 04-18-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You don't think Mitchell played like a legitimate 2nd corner?
For what 4 games or so? Sorry, I can't get excited about a guy we picked up off free agency mid season. I hope he can handle it but if a good cb drops to that pick I wouldn't be pissed.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:04 AM 04-18-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Who would you take if QB isn't an option?

I would say pass rusher...preferably TJ Watt
ILB or even WR. DL and OLB would also be considerations depending on the talent. They're going to have DL shortage in a hurry and Dorsey likes to stay a year ahead. It's not a great draft for 5-techniques but if the right guy is there, that seems like a natural fit.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up