ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 53
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2017 NHL Playoffs Thread With Contest*****
CaliforniaChief 07:44 AM 04-10-2017
I thought it would be cool to have a thread for the best postseason in sports, the NHL Playoffs.

Even though my Kings are out, I love watching the playoffs and wish the best to all of you with your teams.

Here's the link for the bracket predictor. https://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/leagues/chiefsplanet

The password is Lonewolf and I hope we can get some of you in there with a bracket. Enjoy!
[Reply]
DaFace 02:56 PM 04-11-2017
Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay:
Still not letting me join....
It's kind of confusing. You have to go to the page, log in, create a bracket, and then submit that bracket to the ChiefsPlanet group.
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:03 PM 04-11-2017
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's kind of confusing. You have to go to the page, log in, create a bracket, and then submit that bracket to the ChiefsPlanet group.
I believe you can search for a group to join, too... or I did it the cookie way by signing in and then going to the link in the OP a 2nd time because nhl.com is too dumb to redirect because it's apparently the first time they've done this website thing.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 03:07 PM 04-11-2017
In terms of my bracket, I ended up with Washington over Anaheim.

However, there are a few teams I really like to make a run that could foil those picks. Someone has to beat the Penguins, and they're the champions until otherwise. That won't be easy. It was hard to pick against them.

Chicago is also obvious. But they did tail off a BIT at the end of the season. Nonetheless, those guys know how to do it.

And honestly, is there a hotter team coming into the playoffs than St. Louis? I like them against Minnesota, and maybe they can give Chicago a run too.

Can't wait.
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:15 PM 04-11-2017
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:

However, there are a few teams I really like to make a run that could foil those picks. Someone has to beat the Penguins, and they're the champions until otherwise. That won't be easy. It was hard to pick against them.

Chicago is also obvious. But they did tail off a BIT at the end of the season. Nonetheless, those guys know how to do it.

And honestly, is there a hotter team coming into the playoffs than St. Louis? I like them against Minnesota, and maybe they can give Chicago a run too.

Can't wait.
I just couldn't do it with the Caps after putting them in the Finals yesterday, but I'm really hoping for Caps/Pens, and for it to go 7. If one or both happen, Caps/Pens and Blackhawks/Ducks are practically coin flips.

The 4pm starts out here kind of suck, but it wraps up around 9:30-10, which is nice for catching the Oilers and Ducks.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 03:38 PM 04-11-2017

Can't wait.
Take a look at who they've played over the last 4-5 weeks and tell me if that's "hot" or just playing the Coyotes, Canucks and Avs every night.
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:48 PM 04-11-2017
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
Take a look at who they've played over the last 4-5 weeks and tell me if that's "hot" or just playing the Coyotes, Canucks and Avs every night.
Yeah, there's that....

Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Looking at remaining schedules, the Blues, after tonight @Sharks...

@Coyotes
@Avalanche
Canucks
Flames
Coyotes
@Coyotes
@Avalanche
Predators
Jets
@Panthers
@Hurricanes
@Avalanche

:-)
It's probably a tossup series though... 6 or 7 one goal games that are the hockey equivalent of UNC/Gonzaga, minus the whistles every 20 seconds.
[Reply]
Chiefs4TheWin 02:33 PM 04-12-2017
Thanks for setting up the bracket man! Good luck to all your teams, unless your a Columbus fan! :-)
[Reply]
Rams Fan 03:10 PM 04-12-2017
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It's probably a tossup series though... 6 or 7 one goal games that are the hockey equivalent of UNC/Gonzaga, minus the whistles every 20 seconds.
I can't handle another series like last year vs Chicago. All of the games aside from Game 6 were like that.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 03:17 PM 04-12-2017
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
I hear ya, but they still won those games.

They're playing well, and I think they have a great chance of knocking off Minnesota.

Within the big picture I'm just looking at the individuals, like Jake Allen who looks like he's figured it out...Tarasenko is playing well...I don't know. I just like their chances.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 04:07 PM 04-12-2017
NHL.com is such a pain in the ass. I still can't enter my bracket.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:31 PM 04-12-2017
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
NHL.com is such a pain in the ass. I still can't enter my bracket.
Feel free to use my shitty Google Docs version. In theory I should be able to score it the same as they do so you can at least have bragging rights on here.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 04:59 PM 04-12-2017
It's fitting that the league that can't figure out how to send athletes to the Olympics can't figure out a website either.
[Reply]
Chiefs4TheWin 06:58 PM 04-12-2017
It's fitting that the league that can't figure out how to send athletes to the Olympics can't figure out a website either.
Haha amen. Pens up 2-0 WOO!
[Reply]
Gadzooks 08:36 PM 04-12-2017
The Olympics issue is the one, (and only), time I wouldn't blame Bettman. The IOC and IIHF are the problem.

Fuck Bettman for the website though.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:23 PM 04-12-2017
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
The Olympics issue is the one, (and only), time I wouldn't blame Bettman. The IOC and IIHF are the problem.

Fuck Bettman for the website though.
I'm honestly a bit uninformed about the nuances of the Olympics debate. What is it that the IOC and IIHF are doing that is causing the issue?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 53
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up