ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 53
< 12 34561252 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2017 NHL Playoffs Thread With Contest*****
CaliforniaChief 07:44 AM 04-10-2017
I thought it would be cool to have a thread for the best postseason in sports, the NHL Playoffs.

Even though my Kings are out, I love watching the playoffs and wish the best to all of you with your teams.

Here's the link for the bracket predictor. https://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/leagues/chiefsplanet

The password is Lonewolf and I hope we can get some of you in there with a bracket. Enjoy!
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 09:50 PM 04-10-2017
Yeah, sorry about all that guys.

Let's talk playoffs now.

I'm with Bearcat. Why am I trusting the Caps? WHY
[Reply]
DaFace 09:54 PM 04-10-2017
The NHL site SEEMS to be working now, so ignore this unless you're just curious....

-----

See what you guys think of this.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
  1. Click on the arrow on the Template tab and duplicate it.
  2. Fill in your username in the pink box (and feel free to rename the tab as well).
  3. For each yellow box, COPY AND PASTE your predicted winner. (The text must be EXACTLY the same for the scoring to work, so don't just type in a team name.) Don't worry about the shading and border formatting once you paste a result in.
  4. For each orange box, type in the number of games you think that series will go (4-7).
  5. Once you are done, PM me, and I'll lock it down so that no one can edit it.

The scoring is shown on the "Scoring" tab. You can't get the bonus unless you get the winner pick correct.

I'll have to manually edit the results, but it'll auto-score it for us at least.

Let me know what you think. No worries if the NHL site comes back up, but this was a fun exercise. :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:03 PM 04-10-2017
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
Yeah, sorry about all that guys.

Let's talk playoffs now.

I'm with Bearcat. Why am I trusting the Caps? WHY
I also had the Rangers in the ECF in my first try, and the Caps getting past the Pens and then Rangers would be a freakin' miracle based on their history.

In the West, it's hard not to have Blackhawks over Ducks, even though the more grinding series against the Preds and Wild/Blues winner are less predictable. I think I like the Oil over the Sharks, even though it's hard to pick against all that playoff experience against a team without any. I figured the Oilers would eventually fade, and a large part of me simply wants them to win because I don't catch enough of McDavid.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 10:22 PM 04-10-2017
I did my what I THINK will happen and then what I HOPE will happen.

I couldn't pick against the Caps, but had the Ducks edging out the Hawks. That would be a great series.

In my WANT bracket, I have Edmonton edging Toronto.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 10:23 PM 04-10-2017
And honestly yeah the CP site seems to be working but man did they screw that up. I'm not offended either way, I'd do both!
[Reply]
Gadzooks 10:32 PM 04-10-2017
NHL.com had been a piece of shit for many years now.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:48 PM 04-10-2017
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
NHL.com had been a piece of shit for many years now.
They can't do anything right the first time. My favorite was when they rolled out NHL.tv a few weeks before the playoffs last season, when the online stuff was (relatively) fine, and completely botched it. They've fixed a lot of issues with it this season, even though the quality on my PS4 has gone to crap lately (but, that might have been a PS4 update).

And I thought the site itself wasn't bad before the changes last year, but holy crap it sucks now... terrible use of space.

The one and only really great thing about the site is the stats... you can bring up stats across seasons or within a date range for a team, conference, or the league, or by players from certain countries, etc. Number of goals scored by rookies in the past 30 years... 3 clicks, boom. Goals scored by an American rookie ever, another click, boom.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 12:30 AM 04-11-2017
Stats were nhl.com's claim to fame until things like Corsi and PDO became popular.
There are also sites like Capfriendly.com that steal nhl.com's thunder by giving valuable cap info.
The Maple Leafs bought out and hired an entire analystics website. The LV Golden Knights did the same with next best competitor.
At the rate NHL.com is devolving, it'll soon be as exciting as SpaceJam's original website (This is a real time capsule).
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 12:44 AM 04-11-2017
Finally got my bracket into the ChiefsPlanet pool on NHL.com
Your 100% correct 2016-17 NHL playoff bracket:

CHI over NSH in 6
MIN over STL in 6
ANA over CGY in 7
EDM over SJS in 5
MTL over NYR in 6
OTT over BOS in 7
WSH over TOR in 5
PIT over CBJ in 5

MIN over CHI in 6
ANA over EDM in 7
OTT over MTL in 5
PIT over WSH in 7

ANA over MIN in 5
PIT over OTT in 5

PIT over ANA in 6

...and I get to see a Stanley Cup game at the Honda Center.
[Reply]
Pushead2 01:33 AM 04-11-2017
Originally Posted by KCtotheSB:
Finally got my bracket into the ChiefsPlanet pool on NHL.com
Your 100% correct 2016-17 NHL playoff bracket:

CHI over NSH in 6
MIN over STL in 6
ANA over CGY in 7
EDM over SJS in 5
MTL over NYR in 6
OTT over BOS in 7
WSH over TOR in 5
PIT over CBJ in 5

MIN over CHI in 6
ANA over EDM in 7
OTT over MTL in 5
PIT over WSH in 7

ANA over MIN in 5
PIT over OTT in 5

PIT over ANA in 6

...and I get to see a Stanley Cup game at the Honda Center.
HA - as a Ducks fan, I know this won't happen AT ALL :-)
[Reply]
Pushead2 01:36 AM 04-11-2017
I went with:

CHI over NSH in 5
MIN over STL in 7
ANA over CGY in 5
EDM over SJS in 7
MTL over NYR in 6
BOS over OTT in 7
WSH over TOR in 6
PIT over CBJ in 5

CHI over MIN in 7
ANA over EDM in 6
MTL over BOS in 6
PIT over WSH in 6

CHI over ANA in 6 (:-))
PIT over MTL in 5

CHI over PIT in 6
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 05:15 AM 04-11-2017
In.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:24 PM 04-11-2017
Still not letting me join....
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:49 PM 04-11-2017
Probably closer to what I want to happen, maybe only because I'm so indecisive about WTF I think will happen....

Blackhawks over Preds, let's go with 6
Wild over Blues, I guess... any time I catch a Wild score it's like 6-3 Wild, but when I watch them they look like the same old Wild and it's 2-1 in a shootout. In 7, or maybe 6. Fuck, I don't know.
Ducks over Flames in 5... I've seen some douchey shit from the Flames lately, so just hoping they lose.
Oilers over Sharks in 7... sort of an upset, it's always smart to be on the side of experience, but I'm on the side of fun and speed this time.
Rangers over Canadiens in 7... flip a coin.
Bruins over Sens in 6... Bruins are obviously past their prime, but I've never understood how the Sens win games.
Caps over Leafs in 6... I'm probably advancing the Oilers because I haven't watched enough of their inexperience. Well, I've seen the Leafs' inexperience quite a bit. They could get swept, but their assload of talent will hopefully be good for a win or two.
Pens over Jackets in 7.... hopefully as fun as a few seasons ago (can't believe it's been that long).

Blackhawks over Wild in 3, because fuck the Wild.
Ducks over Oilers in 7... probably more like 5 or 6, but wishful thinking.
Rangers over Bruins in 5... meh.
Pens over Caps in 7.... trust is earned.

Blackhawks over Ducks in 7... the series a couple of years ago was great, but there was always this feeling Chicago was going to win. Hopefully it's even better this time around.
Pens over Rangers in 6... because the hockey gods owe us this much after the stupid Olympic thing.

Blackhawks over Pens after the series ends sometime in late August.... we deserve this.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 02:51 PM 04-11-2017
Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay:
Still not letting me join....
Hey if you want to private message me your e-mail address maybe I can send you an invite?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 53
< 12 34561252 > Last »
Up