ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 11
< 12 3456 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Terez says "the Chiefs have done plenty of background on" Mahomes.
Direckshun 11:35 AM 03-18-2017
Here's his 1st round mock:

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl...139261678.html

Watson goes to the Jets. Tribusky to the Browns. Kizer to the Texans.

This is what Terez says about #27:

Originally Posted by :
27. Kansas City Chiefs

QB Patrick Mahomes II, Texas Tech

The pressure is on Alex Smith to deliver, and while he is indeed their quarterback for 2017, the cap-tight Chiefs could save $17 million by releasing him next year. They could also create some cap room by extending him, but the point is, his future will likely be determined by how he fares this season.

That said, someone like Mahomes — who ESPN draft analyst Todd McShay recently called a cross between Brett Favre and Johnny Manziel — could be tempting to the Chiefs, who have done plenty of background work on him. He’s a gunslinger with a cannon for an arm and plus intangibles, but he’s very raw and will likely need at least a year to get accustomed to the lengthy verbiage in coach Andy Reid’s playbook. Mahomes has never had to call lengthy plays with regularity, and that’s something all quarterbacks have to do in Kansas City. The good news is that Reid is very good at scheming up concepts for his quarterbacks, so they often make predetermined reads, and with Mahomes’ arm and willingness to chuck it deep, he could potentially open up the playbook in a way Chiefs fans haven’t seen consistently.

By the way, one other bonus to selecting a quarterback early — he’ll be very cheap for the next five years. For a team that has been tight against the cap for the last several years, that would be a boon.

Of course, other teams watch tape, too, and there’s a chance none of the top four quarterbacks — Mahomes, Kizer, Trubisky and Watson — will be here, especially if Arizona takes a quarterback at No. 13. And if the top four quarterbacks are off the board, the Chiefs might be best served trading down or taking the best player available and perhaps addressing quarterback in one of the next two rounds with the likes of Pittsburgh’s Nathan Peterman, Cal’s Davis Webb, Tennessee’s Josh Dobbs or Miami’s Brad Kaaya.

But let’s say they keep the pick. Possible options include a defensive tackle like Florida’s Caleb Brantley or a cornerback like Washington’s Kevin King, Florida’s Quincy Wilson and Southern California’s Adoree’ Jackson (the Chiefs met with the latter two at the combine, by the way).

I also gave some serious thought here to Stanford’s Christian McCaffrey, because the Chiefs could use a dynamic home-run hitting back after the release of Jamaal Charles. McCaffrey was one of the combine’s top testers at his position and offers unique versatility as a runner and receiver. Still, I just can’t pick him to the Chiefs in the first, because — fun tidbit — Reid and Dorsey have never selected a running back in the first round. Not once, even dating back to the Green Bay and Philadelphia days. So if they did take him this high, they’d be bucking their trend.
Who would you take? Who would you take if no QB was on the board?
[Reply]
Direckshun 07:24 AM 03-19-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Whether we get the ammo now or later, here's the bottom line of what you're proposing.

The draft order will come out in 2018. The comp picks will be announced. And the Chiefs will need to pay a handsome price to jump up and grab Mr. Magic Butt**** in teh b3stest QB class evar!

Let's say they add an additional draft pick in the mid teens to go along with their late 20s draft pick they were awarded.

Are you ready for a Ricky Williams-like trade up to get Mr. Magic Butthole? Because that's what it's going to cost.

It's going to cost what the Redskins paid to get RGIII and probably worse.

Are you saying that the franchise, GM, and coach that is too ****ing scared to spend a late 1st rounder on Derek Carr or Teddy Bridgewater is going to take THAT big of a risk?

Jesus ****, I want a 1st round QB in KC more than most people, and not even I'M that desperate!
I agree.

The best course of action for us is to pick a QB that simply best fits Andy Reid.

We're not getting an Andrew Luck. The best we can hope for is getting a Joe Flacco.
[Reply]
Dave Lane 08:01 AM 03-19-2017
Originally Posted by Shaid:
I'd trade my 1 for a 1 next year to have the ammo needed to grab a QB next year. Grab fatties and a LB this year would probably be my biggest focus for the later rounds. You can find a decent RB somewhere as well.
It had better be a 1 and a 2 next year or it is a retarded move
[Reply]
Dave Lane 08:04 AM 03-19-2017
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I agree.

The best course of action for us is to pick a QB that simply best fits Andy Reid.

We're not getting an Andrew Luck. The best we can hope for is getting a Joe Flacco.
No that might be their perceived ceiling but the bottom line is once in the league those expectations can either bloom or wither.
[Reply]
RippedmyFlesh 09:11 AM 03-19-2017
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I agree.

Nothing wrong with getting a Flacco. You can get a ring with him which is all everyone here wants. Well most any way.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:05 AM 03-19-2017
This is great news. Terez had us taking Chris Jones is his mock last year.
[Reply]
rico 10:35 AM 03-19-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This is great news. Terez had us taking Chris Jones is his mock last year.
Really? I'm assuming he had them taking him in the late first?

Guy has always seemed to have a general scoop on what the Chiefs are planning to do...
[Reply]
jjchieffan 10:44 AM 03-19-2017
If none of the top QB's are available, I wouldn't be opposed to trading away our first again. And the idea of getting a first rounder for next year sounds pretty good considering the draft class of QBs. I would think that a second this year and next year's first would be a fair trade. Of course that would be subjective, based on who we trade with. Trading with the Pats would not be such a good deal for us. Trading with the Browns or the Rams would be a great trade for us, but too high of a price for the other team. I mean, could you imagine having a top 5 pick in next year's draft? Yeah, the Browns could win the Superbowl and the Pats could go 1-15. But I doubt it. It's more likely that KnowShit would question a Donk move. But, I'm sure that this discussion is moot. I just don't see us trading for a 2018 first round pick.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:04 PM 03-19-2017
I've been critical of Mahomes I believe his mechanics are garbage but I'll say this dude has the biggest arm since Favre. If Dorsey drafts him I'll hope on board.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:14 PM 03-19-2017
Originally Posted by rico:
Really? I'm assuming he had them taking him in the late first?

Guy has always seemed to have a general scoop on what the Chiefs are planning to do...
Yea it was in the 1st. He's the best in terms of having any clue what Dorsey is going to do.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:38 PM 03-19-2017
Whether we get the ammo now or later, here's the bottom line of what you're proposing.

The draft order will come out in 2018. The comp picks will be announced. And the Chiefs will need to pay a handsome price to jump up and grab Mr. Magic Buttfuck in teh b3stest QB class evar!

Let's say they add an additional draft pick in the mid teens to go along with their late 20s draft pick they were awarded.

Are you ready for a Ricky Williams-like trade up to get Mr. Magic Butthole? Because that's what it's going to cost.

It's going to cost what the Redskins paid to get RGIII and probably worse.

Are you saying that the franchise, GM, and coach that is too fucking scared to spend a late 1st rounder on Derek Carr or Teddy Bridgewater is going to take THAT big of a risk?

Jesus fuck, I want a 1st round QB in KC more than most people, and not even I'M that desperate!
Oh so you know that we will end up in the playoffs again this year? It is possible but the 2016 Chiefs pulled a couple of rabbits out of their ass. That may or may not happen again in 2017.
Yes I would be ready to trade the two 1st rounders in 2018 and one in 2019 to secure that QB.
If the 2018 draft is deeper then we wouldn't have to move up as far to get said QB either.
What makes you think that they were afraid to draft Carr or Bridgewater? Just because they choose to pass doesn't mean that they were afraid to.
[Reply]
YayMike 05:05 PM 03-19-2017
Yea it was in the 1st. He's the best in terms of having any clue what Dorsey is going to do.
How awesome would it be if Mahommes fell to us at 27, then we could trade up in he second using our comp picks to get watt!!!

#WetDream
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 05:36 PM 03-19-2017
Terez is legitimately one of the best in the business, I think many are taking him for granted. It's going to suck whenever he leaves for bigger things.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:58 PM 03-19-2017
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Oh so you know that we will end up in the playoffs again this year? It is possible but the 2016 Chiefs pulled a couple of rabbits out of their ass. That may or may not happen again in 2017.
Yes I would be ready to trade the two 1st rounders in 2018 and one in 2019 to secure that QB.
If the 2018 draft is deeper then we wouldn't have to move up as far to get said QB either.
What makes you think that they were afraid to draft Carr or Bridgewater? Just because they choose to pass doesn't mean that they were afraid to.
You're going to go in on a strategy that involves us missing the playoffs to get draft position? The odds are significantly in our favor to make the playoffs next year.

It's one thing to sacrifice the future to get something now. If the Chiefs want to use 2019 and 2020 picks to get more in 2018, fine by me, but it's pretty foolish to trade CURRENT first round picks for picks next year.

"We wouldn't have to move very far to get a QB." You know who else is thinking that? EVERY SINGLE OTHER TEAM. If the QB class is as bad as you say it is this year, we could see Cleveland, San Diego, New Orleans, Buffalo, Minnesota, and other teams who figure to be terrible try to grab QBs. We could see 4 QBs go before we even get a chance to trade up just to sniff one.

And you still haven't addressed my point about 2012. What do we do when the top 3 guys go and we're left with a couple guys with 1st round grades but just aren't "our" guys like Tannehill or Weeden? That kind of draft hole happens far more often than you think.

If Andy Reid likes Mahomes, then take him NOW. Let him sit for 1-2 years. I'd rather take my shot on that than bank on making a Redskins-like trade on a QB class we still know fucking nothing about.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:00 PM 03-19-2017
And if it turns out we DON'T like Mahomes and will just pass totally on a real QB this year, then just wait another year. Don't fuck around with next year and shit you can't control just yet.

Make the trade when you need to. Go full Ricky Williams. But do it when it's smart to do so.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:12 PM 03-19-2017
And if it turns out we DON'T like Mahomes and will just pass totally on a real QB this year, then just wait another year. Don't **** around with next year and shit you can't control just yet.

Make the trade when you need to. Go full Ricky Williams. But do it when it's smart to do so.
It makes me sad that Doug Pederson did this right off the bat as a HC and we won't get rid of Alex.

And it fucking worked beautifully. They got rid of Bradford and got a 1st rd pick this year.

Just once I want us to get one of these guys.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 11
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up