ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Cal Davis Webb enters Round 1 conversation
RunKC 07:46 AM 03-14-2017
http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/03/14/n...-obi-melifonwu

Good read on the kid. I'm starting to like him more and more every day. Still think this is the QB Andy wants.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 02:50 PM 03-15-2017
Originally Posted by fahrenheit:
That has several busts written all over the draft, but at the same time the potential to be very rewarding.
Might as well redraft K Russell.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:07 PM 03-15-2017
I can see McCaffrey being drafted. I didn't at first bc I thought that Reek had that role, but I think this team will really be looking to replicate a back to do some things Charles did and McCaffrey is that kind of electric back.

Matt Dayes is another RB in this draft that I think would fit us perfectly. Dude is a very underrated RB.
[Reply]
raybec 4 03:25 PM 03-15-2017
Originally Posted by fahrenheit:
That has several busts written all over the draft, but at the same time the potential to be very rewarding.
It's high risk/high reward for sure. I doubt it happens but I'd be really good with it.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 04:35 PM 03-15-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
NFL.com's Chad Reuter has us taking him in the 2nd. McCaffrey in the 1st

27. Stanford RB Christian McCaffery

59. Cal QB Davis Webb

91. Florida LB Jarrad Davis

104. West Virginia CB Rasul Douglas

133. Notre Dame DT Jarron Jones

The first two picks would make this draft completely awful. McCaffery was horrid against good d-lines. Webb was the 4th best QB in the Pac this year behind Falk, Browning, and Darnold.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 09:47 AM 03-25-2017
Originally Posted by :
“I’ve talked to a lot of NFL people,” Webb said, via ESPN.com. “And double-digit teams have told me I’m a first-round guy. Every meeting I’ve had, they’ve said I’m one of the best quarterbacks on the board.”
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...first-rounder/
[Reply]
rico 09:03 PM 03-25-2017
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...first-rounder/
That doesn't surprise me. The dude seems to be legit, IMO.
[Reply]
TRR 07:20 AM 03-26-2017
Originally Posted by rico:
Any word on how much interest we've shown in him so far?
Per the Draft Analyst site; Davis Webb met with the New York Jets, Arizona Cardinals, Kansas City Chiefs and Pittsburgh Steelers over the past two days.

This was after his recent pro day.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 08:16 AM 03-26-2017
Originally Posted by rico:
That doesn't surprise me. The dude seems to be legit, IMO.
He is a less good Goff. Not exactly sure what the hype is other than the NFL is QB desperate.
[Reply]
OldSchool 01:34 PM 03-26-2017
I like Webb, but not in the 1st. Dude is way too raw and inconsistent.
[Reply]
MahiMike 01:50 PM 03-26-2017

59. Cal QB Davis Webb

Boner.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 07:50 PM 03-26-2017
Long delivery and stares down targets. No thanks.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:56 PM 03-27-2017

59. Cal QB Davis Webb

Holy fuck...that draft would be AWFUL.

Yea! A scat back and a 4th round prospect with the first two picks in a draft that is more loaded with defensive talent than any draft I have ever seen. Ever.

I'd rather they spend a 1st on Webb at that point - at least get the 5th year out of him. Then use a 2nd on one of the DB prospects that would have been a no-doubt 1st rounder last year (because seriously, the DBs in this draft are filth).
[Reply]
Chief Northman 06:56 PM 03-27-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Holy ****...that draft would be AWFUL.

Yea! A scat back and a 4th round prospect with the first two picks in a draft that is more loaded with defensive talent than any draft I have ever seen. Ever.

I'd rather they spend a 1st on Webb at that point - at least get the 5th year out of him. Then use a 2nd on one of the DB prospects that would have been a no-doubt 1st rounder last year (because seriously, the DBs in this draft are filth).
Yeah, Dorsey won't be touching either McCaffrey or Webb. He will like their measurables/combine showing, but the tape tells the truer tale. McCaffrey won't translate well unless you make him a receiver exclusively. Webb is fool's gold.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:27 PM 03-27-2017
I don't think McCaffery ever makes it to 27. You better believe horseface will do the senior McCaffrey a fucking favor, knowing they need a player like him.
[Reply]
Dante84 09:31 PM 03-27-2017
Mccaffrey = devin wylie
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up