ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 130
« First < 23456 789101656106 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Official 2017 STL Cardinals Thread
BigRedChief 08:06 PM 01-27-2017
My as well get it started. Here's my "Matheny" lineup.....

Fowler CF
Diaz SS
Carpenter 1B
Piscotty RF
Grichuk LF
Molina C
Peralta 3B
Wong 2B
Pitcher

My "Matheny" Starting rotation

Martinez
Reyes
Wainwright
Lynn
Leake
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:06 PM 02-14-2017
https://twitter.com/CraigMish/status/831560750476955648

I am told : Potentially season ending injury for Alex Reyes. Tough tough blown for Cardinals.

— Craig Mish (@CraigMish) February 14, 2017

[Reply]
O.city 12:07 PM 02-14-2017
Well, fuck me was I wrong.
[Reply]
bdj23 12:10 PM 02-14-2017
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
https://twitter.com/CraigMish/status/831560750476955648

And it begins :-):-)
[Reply]
O.city 12:11 PM 02-14-2017
Right elbow discomfort, heading for MRI.

How does that happen at this juncture?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:16 PM 02-14-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
Right elbow discomfort, heading for MRI.

How does that happen at this juncture?
The human body is not designed to throw objects overhead repeatedly. Pitcher health is just blind fucking luck. Well, that and not throwing sliders.
[Reply]
O.city 12:17 PM 02-14-2017
The human body is not designed to throw objects overhead repeatedly. Pitcher health is just blind ****ing luck. Well, that and not throwing sliders.
I know. It's just weird this happened at this point in time. Like, before he'd began throwing in ST. I'm sure he's obviously been in an offseason program, just seems like weird timing.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:20 PM 02-14-2017
I know. It's just weird this happened at this point in time. Like, before he'd began throwing in ST. I'm sure he's obviously been in an offseason program, just seems like weird timing.
Happened to Wainwright at nearly the same time in 2011. Just try to think of throwing a baseball like playing Press Your Luck blindfolded. Every pitch you're just trying to avoid the damned Whammy, but you have no idea when it's going to pop up.

The ligaments in the elbow are just not designed to do it, nor are the muscles in the shoulder, and I don't know of any training program that can actually prevent it.
[Reply]
O.city 12:22 PM 02-14-2017
Happened to Wainwright at nearly the same time in 2011. Just try to think of throwing a baseball like playing Press Your Luck blindfolded. Every pitch you're just trying to avoid the damned Whammy, but you have no idea when it's going to pop up.

The ligaments in the elbow are just not designed to do it, nor are the muscles in the shoulder, and I don't know of any training program that can actually prevent it.
Yeah, but i thought Waino had actually began throwing.

In any manner, looks like its time for some TJ and a years rest for our young pitcher.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:40 PM 02-14-2017
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Cards won in arbitration with Wacha.
Good.

Arbitration is stupid anyway but it's hard to say that Wacha had much of an argument to make. He was objectively terribly last season.

As irritating was Matt Adams is, he's at least a lefty with pop who is slightly better than replacement level.

Wacha, OTOH, should've been in AA last year.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:41 PM 02-14-2017
As for the Reyes news - I'm hopeful that this gives Rosenthal an actual crack at the rotation.

You could have far worse silver linings.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:47 PM 02-14-2017
Over/under on how long it takes to actually have the surgery done? Anyone wanna bet that we prescribe 'rest and rehab' then shut him down for good in August so that he ends up missing 2 seasons instead of one?
[Reply]
O.city 12:49 PM 02-14-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Over/under on how long it takes to actually have the surgery done? Anyone wanna bet that we prescribe 'rest and rehab' then shut him down for good in August so that he ends up missing 2 seasons instead of one?
My dad just text me the same thing.....
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:54 PM 02-14-2017
It's unfortunate that the Cards training staff is incredibly inept. If they feel like he may need TJ, they need to do it ASAP. This is the only club I know of that will have a guy sit 80 games with a hamstring, or hip soreness injury.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:54 PM 02-14-2017
My dad just text me the same thing.....
Well if he's the one that insisted that it isn't even a yellow flag scenario, I feel better about our prognosis already...
[Reply]
O.city 12:57 PM 02-14-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Well if he's the one that insisted that it isn't even a yellow flag scenario, I feel better about our prognosis already...
Yeah, I've decided that I just conjured that up as I can't find it anywhere on twitter now.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 130
« First < 23456 789101656106 > Last »
Up