ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 68
« First < 232930313233 3435363743 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>QB Impressions
Direckshun 12:25 AM 01-03-2017
First glances at several QBs we're going to give a shit about over the next four months. Feel free to set me straight.

DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame
6'4", 230 lbs
26-9 TD-INT, 59%, 2925 passing yards

I get a Cutlerian vibe from this guy. Seems to be built like a franchise QB. Powerful arm, some beautiful passes, perfect bodytype. But he is lacking an "it" factor, is he not? He's not a world-beating, overcome-the-odds, particularly spiriting QB. Looks like he could have an okay career in the NFL in which he wins nothing of consequence.

Mitch Trubisky, North Carolina
6'3", 220 lbs
30-6 TD-INT, 69%, 3748 passing yards

Well if there was one Andy Reid QB in this entire draft, it's Trubisky, isn't it? Super accurate, doesn't take too many risks with the ball, is very mentally tough and very athletic. He's a slam dunk for the Chiefs to trade up for, if he lasts to the 20s, but in a QB-starved NFL with at least 6 new head coaches looking for their QB, there's no chance he lasts to us.
[Reply]
O.city 11:33 AM 04-26-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Because you are a dentist and hate joy.

You thrive on the misery of others. It pays for your beach houses and your convertibles.

Even when you don't realize it, it's what fuels you - the pain and suffering of others.

So of course you love this plan.
I'm offended
[Reply]
O.city 11:34 AM 04-26-2017
Originally Posted by kccrow:
If I didn't like you a little bit, I'd punch you in the throat then curb stomp your teeth out and send you to O.City.
I have a strich policy against that
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 08:38 AM 04-27-2017

Criticize his game all you want but DeShone Kizer is an impressive young man. Reminds me of Matt Ryan way he handles himself. So impressive.

— Gil Brandt (@Gil_Brandt) April 27, 2017

No one asked him to do it but yesterday he organized a 3-on-3 football game with the kids at Shriners Hospital. https://t.co/l45ftkgHcV

— Gil Brandt (@Gil_Brandt) April 27, 2017

[Reply]
Beef Supreme 08:46 AM 04-27-2017

[Reply]
The Franchise 08:46 AM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:

He's only doing it because he's a diva. /idiots.
[Reply]
Frosty 09:05 AM 04-27-2017

Originally Posted by Pestilence:
He's only doing it because he's a diva. /idiots.
It's like a Pestilence Batsignal.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 10:34 AM 04-27-2017
Some Trubisky rumors from Eric Galko...

Originally Posted by :
If Trubisky does not go first overall, he likely will end up being drafted by the Buffalo Bills. I’ve reported their substantial interest since February. Those in the building in Buffalo have believed he’d be their pick. Even people who’ve spoken with Trubisky himself believed he’d be a Buffalo Bill. The one caveat: Jets GM Mike Maccagnan doesn’t want to take Trubisky but might feel he has to if he’s still on the board.

— Last note on Trubisky: The Washington Redskins have him graded as a top-10 talent in this class, one of just a few top-10 grades they have on prospects, and teams don’t throw those out often. If Washington has Trubisky graded so high and he’s available when San Francisco is on the clock, would the Redskins trade Kirk Cousins for the No. 2 pick?

Players who may not have first-round slots but should be guys teams consider moving up for: quarterbacks Deshaun Watson and DeShone Kizer (NOT Davis Webb), receivers John Ross and Corey Davis, linebacker Tyus Bowser and cornerback Tre’Davious White.
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...s1met4algvpiw9
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:45 AM 04-27-2017
Why the hell would the 49ers trade the #2 pick for Kirk Cousins?

That's way too much to give up for the privilege of paying a slightly above average quarterback $24 million/season for his age 29+ seasons. Shit, the 49ers wouldn't be smart to give him that contract in free agency and giving up the #2 overall pick to do so would just be goddamn retarded.

But then again....duh. That's not going to happen.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 10:56 AM 04-27-2017
Why the hell would the 49ers trade the #2 pick for Kirk Cousins?

That's way too much to give up for the privilege of paying a slightly above average quarterback $24 million/season for his age 29+ seasons. Shit, the 49ers wouldn't be smart to give him that contract in free agency and giving up the #2 overall pick to do so would just be goddamn retarded.

But then again....duh. That's not going to happen.
The 49ers have loads of cap space and Kyle supposedly loves Kirk Cousins. If they don't like any of the QB's in this draft, Cousins would make some sense. Maybe they could swap first and second round picks or something...
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:01 AM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:07 AM 04-27-2017
The 49ers have loads of cap space and Kyle supposedly loves Kirk Cousins. If they don't like any of the QB's in this draft, Cousins would make some sense. Maybe they could swap first and second round picks or something...
No he wouldn't.

It would not make any sense at all to give up the #2 overall pick for a pending FA quarterback entering his age 29 season unless said quarterback is a bonafide superstar or the player that will push you over the top.

Not a single part of that is true. No, it would make zero sense. Especially when Cousins will be just good enough to win 6 games and put them on the 5 year quarterback carousel that ensures they never get a shot at a genuine superstar QB in the draft.

Cousins is the absolute worst thing they could do. They need to draft defense with that pick, continue to build with the expectation of being terrible again in '17 and then take their QB in the '18 draft.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 11:07 AM 04-27-2017
All these teams trying to bait Cleveland into moving up from 12 for Trubisky.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 11:17 AM 04-27-2017
No he wouldn't.

It would not make any sense at all to give up the #2 overall pick for a pending FA quarterback entering his age 29 season unless said quarterback is a bonafide superstar or the player that will push you over the top.

Not a single part of that is true. No, it would make zero sense. Especially when Cousins will be just good enough to win 6 games and put them on the 5 year quarterback carousel that ensures they never get a shot at a genuine superstar QB in the draft.

Cousins is the absolute worst thing they could do. They need to draft defense with that pick, continue to build with the expectation of being terrible again in '17 and then take their QB in the '18 draft.
Pocket passers typically don't peak until they're in their mid 30's, I don't see Cousins' age as an issue. If Shanny Jr. loves him as much as has been portrayed I could see him being pretty happy with getting the best 10 years of Cousins' career.

I wouldn't want Denver to do it, and I know that KC is sick and tired of trading for other teams QB's, but I could understand why the 49ers would want to do it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:52 PM 04-27-2017
Pocket passers typically don't peak until they're in their mid 30's, I don't see Cousins' age as an issue. If Shanny Jr. loves him as much as has been portrayed I could see him being pretty happy with getting the best 10 years of Cousins' career.

I wouldn't want Denver to do it, and I know that KC is sick and tired of trading for other teams QB's, but I could understand why the 49ers would want to do it.
Jesus...it's bad enough having to have this argument with idiot Smith fans, we have to have this argument with opposing fans as well?

No they don't. Truly great, HoF caliber passers often don't age that much as they enter their mid-30s and they've developed superstar bonafides so you come to appreciate them more in their mid-30s, but no, they weren't better than they were in their late 20s. And for the vast VAST majority of pocket passers, they're simply out of the league altogether by their mid-30s because the skills are gone.

You're using an awful sample size of passers that made it to their mid 30s as starters precisely because they were already great quarterbacks. That is not a representative sample of passers nor is it any kind of proxy for Kirk Cousins.

Cousins has maybe 2 more prime seasons in him and by 32 he'll be on his way out of the league, IMO. He'll hang on for another couple of years after that and by 35 he'll just be gone altogether. He will not be peaking 7 years from now.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 10:00 AM 05-03-2017

On Paper, Alex Smith should feel insecure with Mahomes arrival. But Mahomes will most likely take AT LEAST 2 yrs.

— Andy Benoit (@Andy_Benoit) May 3, 2017

Andy Reid will have to utterly overhaul Mahomes’s game if he wants him to run his offense.

Andy Reid offense built on disciplined coverage reads. That was not at all how Mahomes played at Texas Tech.

My guess is Reid believes Mahomes will be his starter on opening day of 2019. A lot to rewire in the rookie first.

[Reply]
Page 33 of 68
« First < 232930313233 3435363743 > Last »
Up