ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Media Center>Old Man Logan - Hugh Jackman's last Wolverine film?
Hammock Parties 07:46 PM 08-11-2016

[Reply]
pr_capone 12:43 PM 10-20-2016
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Probably right. Which is another thing I'm thinking will annoy me: he'll probably be all anti-violence for the first 75% of the movie.

I'm probably being a little bitch about them trying to show the character's range and complexity but I like my Wolverine to be borderline murderous psycho.
Ya think? He was kicking ass left and right... he just refused to use his claws. At least until certain events involving the Hulks.

Originally Posted by :
As for X-23 I'm pretty meh. Cool character and everything but if she takes over the Wolverine mantle who will care? Ignoring the fact that we won't see Jackman anymore, this appears to take place in a desolate future where mutants are nearly extinct. Unless they plan to merge some Cable/Deadpool storylines with her in the future I won't be able to get excited for it.
While I understand your reluctance to accept a new Wolverine... I think this opens up all manner of new possibilities. I, also, don't think her being the new Wolverine means we no longer see Jackman.

*calling my shot*

Professor X is perma-killed in the franchise. This, and not being able to leave a clone of himself alone in the world, causes Logan to shake out of his self imposed exile and rejoin the fight. He goes around finding the remaining heroes of old he can, and any new ones, and rebuilds the X-men with Logan as the leader. With the McAvoy's jaunt through history drawing closer to the original movies... this would allow them to tell new stories and leave the original films/story line alone.

Personal note... Would be super cool if some of the original X-Men were to eventually make a cameo, for example, an old as shit Kelsey Grammer returning as Beast still running a now underground Jean Gray school for the gifted.
[Reply]
Fish 12:51 PM 10-20-2016
Apparently no blind Hawkeye...
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:12 PM 10-20-2016
Life is depressing enough as it is and this moving looks like on the depressing side I'm not sure I want to see it. It looks good enough but also sad throughout the trailer.
[Reply]
Fish 03:41 PM 10-20-2016
Damn....

[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 08:16 AM 10-21-2016
Anyone get a kind of "The Last of Us" vibe from that trailer?
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:32 PM 10-21-2016
Originally Posted by FlintHillsChiefs:
Anyone get a kind of "The Last of Us" vibe from that trailer?
Yes...and I'm loving the trailer.. I'm looking forward to this movie. 16 years of hugh as wolverine...should be a kickass sendoff. Def feels like a character drama than superhero movie.
[Reply]
Buns 04:49 PM 10-21-2016
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1aSAQ1CibQ

Red band trailer.

Wait for it.

EDIT - No wait. SNIKT
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:10 PM 10-21-2016
Originally Posted by Virtua Chief:
Red band trailer.

Wait for it.
Wait for what? The image that shows up on the video space in your post?
[Reply]
Buns 05:10 PM 10-21-2016
Yeah i JUST realized that
[Reply]
cabletech94 06:23 PM 10-21-2016
Originally Posted by Virtua Chief:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1aSAQ1CibQ

Red band trailer.

Wait for it.

EDIT - No wait. SNIKT
i waited for the SNIKT.

goooooooood daaaaaaaaayum!
[Reply]
unlurking 08:46 PM 10-21-2016
I absolutely love Cash's version of Hurt. Other than that, trailer was meh.
[Reply]
Valiant 10:46 AM 10-23-2016
Not feeling this at all. Will be interesting to see how they explained logan aging as much as he did and charles still alive with that.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:04 AM 10-23-2016
Ok, according to "sources" it's a mixture of OLM and Uncanny X-Men #251.

I can see that with the Reavers being a large part of the story.

X-23 is the supporting role and apparently they do plan to copy the iconic cover from 251 in the film (with X-23 taking on the Jubilee role.)

[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 08:23 AM 10-25-2016
Not digging the dystopian post apocalyptic country desert setting. I find the trailer underwhelming, but some trailers are just bad & not very representative, so I will hold off judgment of the film itself.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:49 PM 10-30-2016
Cat's kind of goofy, but it's a pretty in depth breakdown.

[Reply]
Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up