ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 335
« First < 56789 101112131959109 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
kcxiv 08:51 PM 04-13-2015
I got no problem with straying from the books this far into the tv show. The tv ending has to be different from the supposed book ending. I personally dont think he's even goign to finish it,
[Reply]
Sorter 09:03 PM 04-13-2015
Spoilers for those who have seen through episode 4:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:08 PM 04-13-2015
Originally Posted by Ragged Robin:
um... they just killed Mance Rayder. WHAT??? :-)
And for what reason? You saw it coming the whole hour? Obviously those of us who read the books know Mance's story is not done in the books at this point in the story line and his part gets bigger in the books.

The only reason I can come up with is to give John Snow some "in" with the Wildlings and he is going to lead the Wildlings is some new story line.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:10 PM 04-13-2015
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
I got no problem with straying from the books this far into the tv show. The tv ending has to be different from the supposed book ending. I personally dont think he's even goign to finish it,
He may not finish it, but someone will.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:27 PM 04-13-2015
Heh. Not really a spoiler as it's fairly inconsequential, but since it technically hasn't erred.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:01 AM 04-14-2015
Samwell produced what I think was my first actual laugh out loud on GoT.

Spoiler!

Sam the Slayer!!
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:11 AM 04-14-2015
I'm starting to like Stannis.

Bronn is a badass. I'm kind of mad we didn't get to see him and The Hound go at it back in King's Landing.

This show is so much better when Jaqen Haghar is featured.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hawk 12:34 PM 04-14-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I'm starting to like Stannis.

Bronn is a badass. I'm kind of mad we didn't get to see him and The Hound go at it back in King's Landing.

This show is so much better when Jaqen Haghar is featured.

Spoiler!
Well, according to Cersei herself, when you play the game of thrones, you win or you die...
[Reply]
BigRichard 01:42 PM 04-14-2015
No mention of Cersei's brother killing her either???
[Reply]
Amnorix 03:15 PM 04-14-2015
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
He may not finish it, but someone will.

Not according to Martin. Unlike Robert Jordan, he's basically said that he won't give anyone else the rights, so if he croaks we are all just out of luck.
[Reply]
Amnorix 03:18 PM 04-14-2015
Originally Posted by Brock:
Wow. They've really fucked this thing up.

They have?

At this point you don't trust them to give you a good story? It may not be the SAME story as Martin's, and it may not be the story YOU want, but I trust them to handle the story reasonably well.

Forget what is in the books and just let the TV show do what it wants, and judge it based on whether it ALONE is a good story, and not how it compares with the books.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:25 PM 04-14-2015
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
They have?

At this point you don't trust them to give you a good story? It may not be the SAME story as Martin's, and it may not be the story YOU want, but I trust them to handle the story reasonably well.

Forget what is in the books and just let the TV show do what it wants, and judge it based on whether it ALONE is a good story, and not how it compares with the books.
I'm not down on them yet, and I'm a little ahead of the game story-wise [cough], but it is concerning the sheer logistics of their storytelling might swallow the actual, you know, storytelling

I will say, and I'll not spoiler it because it's widely know even if in the future yet. Dorne is AMAZING. Just beautiful.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:48 PM 04-14-2015
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
No mention of Cersei's brother killing her either???

By what means? He'll need a regime change in order to even step foot back in Westeros and Daenerys is basically the only potential candidate (save Jon Snow) that wouldn't kill him on sight.

It's possible that he'll kill her but not likely, I'd say.
[Reply]
BigRichard 08:22 AM 04-15-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
By what means? He'll need a regime change in order to even step foot back in Westeros and Daenerys is basically the only potential candidate (save Jon Snow) that wouldn't kill him on sight.

It's possible that he'll kill her but not likely, I'd say.
I am talking about the witch she sees in the woods. In the book she tells her that her brother will be her demise or something like that along with the other info. And she assumes it is Tyrion.
[Reply]
Hawk 09:21 AM 04-15-2015
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
I am talking about the witch she sees in the woods. In the book she tells her that her brother will be her demise or something like that along with the other info. And she assumes it is Tyrion.
ThaVirus, don't forget that this is the spoiler thread where book readers can talk about everything in the books even though the show hasn't gotten there yet. You will likely get spoiled on some major events coming this season if you hang around in this thread.

The prophecy given to Cersei by maggie the frog in the books said Cersei would be killed by the valonquar which means "little brother", so naturally Cersei assumes it will be Tyrion which has fueled her irrational hatred of him. However, there are many theories on who the valonquar really will be. Could be Jaime since he was born after Cersei even though they were twins. I have my own theory which is: (spoiler tagged because it goes into a lot of stuff not covered on the show yet)

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 9 of 335
« First < 56789 101112131959109 > Last »
Up