ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 335
< 1234 56781454104 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
Saccopoo 04:18 PM 03-07-2015
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Personally, I wish GRRM had a more judicious editor to whip his ass into shape. I think he's completely derailed the series at this point. I've generally disliked the last two books and find them to be plodding pieces that introduce new complications without resolving old ones. I feel like the story has gotten away from him.
I find it impossible to believe that the story has gotten away from him.

It hasn't gone anywhere since halfway through book 1.
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:34 AM 03-08-2015
Saccoshit in with the reminder of why I have him on ignore.
[Reply]
Hawk 10:37 PM 03-08-2015
Book 6 will tell us a lot. If he can't start to consolidate story lines and move toward a conclusion in this book, then I will really start to worry. He can't stretch this out to 8 or 9 books, he will never finish the series that way. He needs to make significant progress in book 6 or we will know we're in trouble. It can't be a repeat of books 4 and 5 (which are really best read as one long book together) where the story seems to expand and doesn't seem to move in the direction of ending anytime soon. I think book 6 will be more like book 3 in terms of action and events. At least I'm hoping.
[Reply]
Amnorix 08:59 AM 03-09-2015
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
Book readers unite! And boycott the direction this sham is going.

Why? The TV show might get to the only resolution this story ever has.

Books and TV/movies are DIFFERENT MEDIUMS where DIFFERENT PEOPLE tell a similar story in their own way. You will be much happier in life if you stop sweating how Movie X completely screwed up Book Y (which it was based on) when it did whatever.

Who cares? If you love the book, read the book. if you love the movie, watch the movie. If you love both, read/watch both.
[Reply]
Amnorix 09:05 AM 03-09-2015
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Personally, I wish GRRM had a more judicious editor to whip his ass into shape. I think he's completely derailed the series at this point. I've generally disliked the last two books and find them to be plodding pieces that introduce new complications without resolving old ones. I feel like the story has gotten away from him.

Usually by this point the author is so big the editors lose control. Same thing happened to JK Rowling, and Robert Jordan. They fell in love with their worlds and kept spinning out of control.

Problem is that when the books are a massive hit, the editors have no leverage, and the authors know it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:01 PM 03-09-2015

[Reply]
Hawk 01:33 PM 03-09-2015
Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant:
Excellent, can't wait! I thought about not watching this season to avoid book 6 spoilers, but I can't do it. I'm ready to get this thing started!
[Reply]
tomahawk kid 01:49 PM 03-09-2015
Originally Posted by Hawk:
Excellent, can't wait! I thought about not watching this season to avoid book 6 spoilers, but I can't do it. I'm ready to get this thing started!
Who are the folks in the gold masks?
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:49 PM 03-09-2015
More action than I expected. They're either going way, way further off book than I already assumed, or we saw bits of every action shot all year. :-)
[Reply]
Hawk 02:37 PM 03-09-2015
Originally Posted by tomahawk kid:
Who are the folks in the gold masks?
Brazen Beasts I think. They were the army of watchmen formed by Dany after taking over Mereen, and they wear brass masks in the shape of different animals. Supposed to help her fight the Sons of the Harpy who were the ones going around killing Dany's soldiers and watchmen.

The Shavepate runs the Brazen Beasts. He (and others like him) are called shavepates because they shaved off their traditional Mereen hair style to show support for the new Mereen ruled by Dany. If it is used as "the Shavepate" it usually is referring to him as their leader. The Sons of Harpy hate all the shavepates and Brazen Beasts because they view them as traitors.

That is the book version anyway, in the trailer it shows Dany, Jorah, Daario, and Grey Worm in the middle of the arena floor surrounded by attacking brazen beasts, which doesn't really make sense to me. Looking forward to seeing how that plays out on the show. Is Drogon going to come in and rescue them?
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:07 AM 03-10-2015
Some ep titles:

501: The Wars to Come
Written by David Benioff and D.B. Weiss
Directed by Michael Slovis
Airdate: 12/04/15

502: The House of Black and White
Directed by Michael Slovis
Airdate: 19/04/15

503: High Sparrow
Directed by Mark Mylod
Airdate: 26/04/15

504: The Sons of the Harpy
Airdate: 03/05/15
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 11:26 PM 03-10-2015
Originally Posted by Hawk:
At this point, I'm not sure why you would. The time to release Dragons and now Winds doesn't really bode well for us getting a finale as written by Martin. It's kind of hard to tell if these would even be book 6 spoilers or just new stuff.

I'm not even sure if that's a bad thing given the quality of the show; It seems he's clearly lost the verve for continuing forward.
[Reply]
Hawk 12:50 PM 03-11-2015
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
At this point, I'm not sure why you would. The time to release Dragons and now Winds doesn't really bode well for us getting a finale as written by Martin. It's kind of hard to tell if these would even be book 6 spoilers or just new stuff.

I'm not even sure if that's a bad thing given the quality of the show; It seems he's clearly lost the verve for continuing forward.
I don't think he's lost the verve, at least I hope not. He's just allowed himself to get too distracted by the success of the show and the touring and extra projects he has done. It took 5 years each to write the last couple of books without all that, so not that surprising it will take longer than that this time. Frustrating, but not surprising.

I agree about the spoilers, the books and show are so different now, that it is hard to tell what is a spoiler or is just something changed or added for the show. Just look at this trailer:

- Sansa in Winterfell?
- John at Hardhome in the boats?
- Jorah in the fighting pits?
- Jaime and Bronn in Dorne?
- etc.

Everything is different than the books at this point it seems. Not even sure how they will end it on the show, but I'm starting to think it might be a completely different ending than the books.
[Reply]
Amnorix 01:39 PM 03-11-2015
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
More action than I expected. They're either going way, way further off book than I already assumed, or we saw bits of every action shot all year. :-)

Well, that's the other problem with the books, right. They REALLY slow down in 4 and 5.

I don't blame HBO one bit for saying "he got us off to a great start. Time to do our own thing and go in the direction that WE want and need for a great TELEVISION show."
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:51 PM 03-11-2015
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Well, that's the other problem with the books, right. They REALLY slow down in 4 and 5.

I don't blame HBO one bit for saying "he got us off to a great start. Time to do our own thing and go in the direction that WE want and need for a great TELEVISION show."
I think we're actually building up to a couple of battles from the beginning of book 6 rather than completely out of the blue action. Stuff we haven't seen yet, rather than stuff that isn't in the book series at all.

The TV show has never been about action. I don't imagine HBO is changing directions in that regard. We'll see plotting all season and a couple major events.

(It just gets too expensive if they do more than that...)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 335
< 1234 56781454104 > Last »
Up