ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 335
< 12 34561252102 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:35 AM 02-03-2015
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:

This is a horrific possibility to ponder, but GRRM has said that he's instructed his wife to torch all of his uncompleted outlines/manuscripts if he passes before the series is over.
What a selfish twat. He's already beyond the original scope of GOT in book count, and talking about an eighth book, while not even bothering to work on book six.

I'm nearly to the point where I'd like to see the publisher go ahead and find a ghost writer to finish it for him now.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:14 AM 02-03-2015
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
This is a horrific possibility to ponder, but GRRM has said that he's instructed his wife to torch all of his uncompleted outlines/manuscripts if he passes before the series is over.
I've not heard that. I have heard that the TV producers know what happens to all people in the books and how the story line evolves and ends for each. That was a prerequisite to do the TV series in the first place.

Someone knows his vision. They can find a writer to mimic his style and use his vision to finish the book series. Too much money to be made to not have that happen.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:24 AM 02-03-2015
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
If you know anything about his history he's always been an eclectic guy. While you might want to lock him in his den and skip all the other crap you don't care about, whether it's editing with Gardener Dozois or Wild Cards or Game of Thrones scripts or public appearances, the reality is that he's always had a lot of irons in the fire. I don't think he's doing all the non ice and fire just to avoid writing it
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I've not heard that. I have heard that the TV producers know what happens to all people in the books and how the story line evolves and ends for each. That was a prerequisite to do the TV series in the first place.

Someone knows his vision. They can find a writer to mimic his style and use his vision to finish the book series. Too much money to be made to not have that happen.
Reading about how steadfast he's been that the series would "die with him" felt almost like a slap in the face to readers who have been following him for the past 20+ years. I understand his fear that the books wouldn't be done right without him, but at the same time, it feels awfully cold to be that rigid to such a devoted fanbase.

As BRC pointed out, at least we'll get to see DD's interpretation of the story's conclusion, but I'm starting to feel like their ending will vastly differ from whatever GRRM ends up writing.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 08:45 PM 02-03-2015
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
If you know anything about his history he's always been an eclectic guy. While you might want to lock him in his den and skip all the other crap you don't care about, whether it's editing with Gardener Dozois or Wild Cards or Game of Thrones scripts or public appearances, the reality is that he's always had a lot of irons in the fire. I don't think he's doing all the non ice and fire just to avoid writing it
I understand to an extent, but in the end he has spent so much time over the past few years in what seems like an attempt to milk both money and attention out of the situation. I get that, but the simple thought in my mind is this...there is no way on earth I would allow the TV series to pass me. I don't care if it made me sacrifice a few years of my life to finish, I wouldn't let my diehard readers down. Not the ones that "let me have a house across from my house" as Martin has said.

I get that pushing him to finish might affect his writing ect, and I don't want to minimize that at all, but in the end, he shouldn't have let this happen imho. He isn't my slave, but in my mind I just wouldn't do this to people that were so loyal to me.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 09:52 PM 02-06-2015
Martin came out and said that no release date isn't as big a deal as it may usually seem because he doesn't want his editor giving a release date until he physically hands them the manuscript. Not breaking news but at least it means the end of this year could still be possible, even if still unlikely.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/BL-SEB-86559
[Reply]
Bowser 02:07 PM 02-08-2015

[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 03:00 PM 02-08-2015
Originally Posted by Bowser:
:-) awesome
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:02 AM 02-17-2015
http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/%E2...id=mailsignout

‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Will Kill Characters Still Alive in the Books

Death is coming for "Game of Thrones" characters in Season 5 -- even if they're still alive in author George R.R. Martin's "Song of Ice and Fire" novel series on which the HBO show is based.

‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Will Kill Characters Still Alive in the Books © Provided by TheWrap ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Will Kill Characters Still Alive in the Books
"People are going to die who don't die in the books, so even the book readers will be unhappy," Martin told Showbiz 411 at the Writers Guild West Awards on Saturday. "So everybody better be on their toes. David [Benioff] and D.B. [Weiss] are even bloodier than I am."

Martin's avid readers who watch the fantasy series shouldn't be surprised, though. Several characters have already gotten axed on TV, even if they were still alive in print.

Season 4 characters that met death on TV include Jojen, Grenn, and Pyp, while Daenerys Targaryen's handmaiden Irri was murdered in Season 2.

Season 5 of "Game of Thrones" premieres on April 12.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:07 PM 02-17-2015
Bit of trivia didn't know until last week. Show creator David Beniof is married to Amanda Peet. Nice pull.

[Reply]
NewChief 12:10 PM 02-17-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Bit of trivia didn't know until last week. Show creator David Beniof is married to Amanda Peet. Nice pull.

He also wrote City of Thieves which is absolutely a fantastic book that I'd recommend anyone read. I imagine it will be made into a movie.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 03:09 PM 02-18-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 09:33 PM 02-19-2015
Originally Posted by NewChief:
He also wrote City of Thieves which is absolutely a fantastic book that I'd recommend anyone read. I imagine it will be made into a movie.
Wow!! I have no idea how I never put that together. City of Thieves is an awesome book. I read his collection of short stories When the Nines Roll Over but wasn't that thrilled. Thieves is such a good damn book though. I don't know if it's appropriate for me to be floored about something like this, but I am.
[Reply]
eDave 12:02 AM 02-28-2015

[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:50 PM 02-28-2015

[Reply]
keg in kc 11:48 AM 03-01-2015
Anyone want to take a...stab...at what happens to Jon Snow this season?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 335
< 12 34561252102 > Last »
Up