ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 18
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Media Center>HBO series The Leftovers
Fire Me Boy! 06:59 AM 06-06-2014
Two percent of the world's population disappears. Looks intriguing. Starts June 29.

[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 04:44 PM 07-12-2014
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Walking Dead was lucky to survive the first half of season 2. Show just ground to a halt on the farm. Not much wrong with season 1 though.
I liked season 2... :-)
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:46 PM 07-12-2014
Originally Posted by Fried Meat Ball!:
I did as well. A lot of other people complained, however.
[Reply]
MTG#10 05:19 PM 07-12-2014
Decent show. Will keep watching...a lot better than the other new show I just started.

Penny Dreadful is just that.
[Reply]
ragedogg69 08:20 PM 07-12-2014
Originally Posted by Fried Meat Ball!:
to each their own. quick question, did you watch it week to week? I have a theory that season 2 is much better when binged.

yourmoviesucks pretty much sums up every reason why I think the Walking Dead is a mediocre shell of what it could have been.

TL;DR: AMC handicapped the show to be as profitable as possible, while uncreative as possible.
[Reply]
MTG#10 06:46 PM 07-14-2014
That third episode was some great TV
[Reply]
MTG#10 02:49 PM 07-15-2014
Seriously, nobody watched and/or liked episode 3? If every episode from now on is as good or close as that one this could end up being an epic show.
[Reply]
vailpass 07:16 PM 07-15-2014
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Seriously, nobody watched and/or liked episode 3? If every episode from now on is as good or close as that one this could end up being an epic show.
It's heading toward being one of HBO's rare flops. Even with the true blood lead in its floundering.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:01 PM 07-15-2014
I enjoyed the episode, but the name Lindelof constrains me from getting too excited about one episode of a show.
[Reply]
ragedogg69 09:31 PM 07-15-2014
Originally Posted by vailpass:
It's heading toward being one of HBO's rare flops. Even with the true blood lead in its floundering.
I cant seem to find any ratings info other than the premiere. Unless it absolutely tanks, I cannot see HBO not renewing it. There are too many big names producing it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:08 PM 07-15-2014
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I enjoyed the episode, but the name Lindelof constrains me from getting too excited about one episode of a show.
He has burned the viewer too many times. You don't fuck with your audience just to be different. How about you try some originality to throw then off first. And being weird is not original. See True Detective on how its done.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:13 PM 07-15-2014
True Detective was good, but it went flatter than a pancake in the second half of the season after an epic start. See Fargo on how it's done.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:39 AM 07-20-2014
Originally Posted by ragedogg69:
to each their own. quick question, did you watch it week to week? I have a theory that season 2 is much better when binged.

yourmoviesucks pretty much sums up every reason why I think the Walking Dead is a mediocre shell of what it could have been.

TL;DR: AMC handicapped the show to be as profitable as possible, while uncreative as possible.
Yes, I did watch week-to-week. I've been on record a number of times in the TWD thread on liking the slower episodes. I think it's important to build character so when they off someone, we actually care. I think Season 2 was totally about character building. We needed to get to know these characters so that we're invested in their futures.
[Reply]
MTG#10 10:13 AM 07-20-2014
Originally Posted by ragedogg69:
I think the Walking Dead is a mediocre shell of what it could have been.

AMC handicapped the show to be as profitable as possible, while uncreative as possible.
Agree 100%. Dont get me wrong, I still watch it and will continue to do so for the time being but this show could and should be SOOOO much better.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:46 AM 07-20-2014
Agree 100%. Dont get me wrong, I still watch it and will continue to do so for the time being but this show could and should be SOOOO much better.
Went downhill IMO when Frank Durabont left.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:10 AM 07-22-2014
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...&postcount=458
[Reply]
Page 6 of 18
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up