ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 40
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Hall of Classics>The Lurker 500
Iowanian 10:43 AM 03-15-2008
Ladies and Gentlemen.

Start your Engines for the Lurker 500.

In this race of planet history, Lurkers, those with less than 100 posts per year of membership are challenged!

Myself, and other tenured members I shall designate will pose comments, statements or questions of Chiefs Planet History. Your job~your Challenge! is to explain the story behind the comment, link it to its originating poster....explain why its relevant or funny. Bonus points awarded for context.

How well do the lurkers know us? How versed are the lurkers in our history?

At the end of this thread, I will donate $20 to Chiefsplanet in the name of the determined winner. The contest will end when I determine the thread/contest has run its course.

Points will be awarded by myself to the first lurker with correct explanation of each event. Bonus points will be given to those with less than 10 total posts.

Tenured posters are allowed to participate in the thread, however until a lurker answers a question...do not give the answer, or anything more than subtle hints on questions that may pose difficulty. Once revealed of the true answer.....feel free to give your take or comment on that moment.
[Reply]
Iowanian 10:19 PM 03-15-2008
Originally Posted by KcKing:
The All Idiot Team was created by Packfan... The funny thing about it, was that it was created by him to iggy posters he felt not on his level... But he was filled with such dumbassery... Everybody wanted to be iggy'ed (that a real word?) by him anyway...

And how bout Titus and John as his "rivals"??
The top part isn't quite right.....

kcking +1 point for correctly labeling Titus and JOhn among his rivals. dartgod is also an acceptable answer.

The identity of Maytag Murder is still in play.
[Reply]
Iowanian 11:00 PM 03-15-2008
Who was "thefly" what did the poster become and what was the End of the story?
[Reply]
alanm 11:01 PM 03-15-2008
Originally Posted by :
Mi_Chiefs_fan and I believe MarkM created the "all idiot team" in which it was essentially mocking packfan, and an honor to be selected. positions were given, and writeups written regarding the abilities each poster would bring to the cyber-Gridiron based off of their posting styles and previous revelations. While packfan mentioned the all-idiot team...its true planet Lore can be found in threads of those mentioned above.
I happen to have been honored by being called a "Idiot" by Packfan also honored to be the Waterboy on the All Idiots Team. :-)
[Reply]
Iowanian 11:26 PM 03-15-2008
Congratulations Bobby Bouchalanm!

The next item will be

Which player's mother posted here for a while?
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:40 PM 03-15-2008
This may be going too far back, but does anyone remember why did RJ get banned from the KC Star Board? I always found that humorous.
[Reply]
Iowanian 11:45 PM 03-15-2008
I admit, I'm stumpified on that one.

Going back to the Star days....I'd throw up "the mike keck incident" as a test question.
Which Chiefsplanet icon's ass was he going to kick at the airport?
[Reply]
KcMizzou 11:46 PM 03-15-2008
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
This may be going too far back, but does anyone remember why did RJ get banned from the KC Star Board? I always found that humorous.
Too far back for me. But, If it's the RJ I think you're talking about, it probably wasn't for posting nudie pics.
[Reply]
alanm 11:50 PM 03-15-2008
Originally Posted by Iowanian:

Going back to the Star days....I'd throw up "the mike keck incident" as a test question.
Would this have something to do with Mike Petersen?
[Reply]
Huffmeister 11:51 PM 03-15-2008
The next question pertains to an incident involving a mini-mountain of discarded deciduous tree clorophyll conversion devices. How, according to Planet lore might one encourage misguided youth from driving through them? Which planeteer is responsible?
Bwana says to hide a large metal object in the pile of leaves. Engine block, maybe?

That was a good story, but not as good as the bird-bombs against the meth-monkeys, and Jettio's resulting melt-down.
[Reply]
Iowanian 11:53 PM 03-15-2008
+1 Cankerskull.

Mike Pederson is the original "rich scanlon" and was followed by 'dan morgan'.

Mick Keck was a poster on the star......I'll fill in the story but would like to see other views first.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:54 PM 03-15-2008

Now I'm flooded with ideas. Good threads.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:06 AM 03-16-2008
Originally Posted by KcMizzou:
Too far back for me. But, If it's the RJ I think you're talking about, it probably wasn't for posting nudie pics.
It's probably too far back to be anywhere but a Chiefsplanet cuneiform tablet, but it was part of the issues that led to the creation of Chiefsplanet. The mods over there were deleting threads and suspending people for some rather perplexing reasons, and RJ made some post where he used an innocuous Spanish term. I don't remember what it was, something like huevos rancheros or hasta la vista or something. He was promptly suspended for something like "racist demagoguery" or something.
[Reply]
Bwana 12:06 AM 03-16-2008
This thread is going to be pure gold.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:08 AM 03-16-2008
Oh, here's a good one for the lurkers. What people have held the "most cumulative posts" position since the founding of the planet?
[Reply]
Logical 12:34 AM 03-16-2008
What question about the offense was posed to packfan that embarrassed him to the point he went on a rampage that led to the eventual creation of the all idiots team?
[Reply]
Page 7 of 40
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up