ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Ladies and gentlemen... Matt Nagy!!!!
chiefzilla1501 08:35 PM 04-27-2017
Anybody kinda sorta totally sensing a theme here?

http://www.chiefs.com/news/article-2...c-00ada711b1a4
“For us, the biggest thing is to continue to stay aggressive, which we all know,” co-offensive coordinator Matt Nagy said. “We came out last week and we put up 14 points right away and we all know the second half wasn’t what we wanted. We’re well aware of that—coaches and players. It’s a mentality of finishing.

“If we keep our foot on the pedal and have that finish mentality on every single play. Not just one play in the second half, or five plays, but every single play we need to have that mentality to finish. That’s going to be important.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ep-on-offense/
Pederson says he likes what Smith brings to the team, but that he and quarterbacks coach Matt Nagy want to see Smith “shoot the ball down the field” often this spring so that deep balls can be a more productive part of the offense come the regular season.

http://www.chiefsdigest.com/chiefs-a...es-going-deep/
“He understands that, if there’s anybody that understands where we want to go with this offense and stretching people downfield, Alex gets it,” Nagy said. “But he’s also going to be smart with his decisions, and he’s proven that with his track record. We’re going to use time in practice to take those downfield shots.”

http://www.espn.com/blog/kansas-city...-qb-alex-smith
“Let’s let the ball rip a little bit,’’ Nagy told Smith. “It’s practice. Let’s see what we can get away with and what we can’t get away with so when the games come we know where we’re at.’’

“We’re a little more aggressive right now in training camp with some downfield throws as far as his decision making,’’ Nagy said. “We’re telling him to push the ball. You may see an interception here or there that he may not necessarily make in a game but we’re telling him to do that, trust it and just see what happens. Now, when we get to a game, let’s make the right decision.

“There are some days when it really jumps out at you and you get back in the afternoon and watch the tape and you give him a high-five and say, ‘That’s what I’m talking about.’"
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:49 AM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by Black Bob:
Mooch coached Favre when he was young.
To be honest I think Steve Mariucci is a classic example of the player making the coach. Mariucci is football saavy for sure, but I think Favre made Mariucci look better than vise versa.
[Reply]
Black Bob 11:55 AM 04-28-2017
**** Nagy. That's how I feel. He sucked as a QB and he sucks as a coach. If he didn't, we wouldn't have co-offensive coordinators. He must have baby sat Andy on a bender in the red light district of Amsterdam or something. He must have some kinda shit on Andy. He shouldn't be there IMO. Also, why in the **** does everyone think Nagy wants to throw it down the field? What makes you think that? Alex doesn't do it and Mahomes really didn't do it in college. Both were in short quick passing offenses with the occasional intermediate to deep route.

Yes, I want better than Nagy. We need a QB whisperer. The next decade is dependent on Mahomes working out.

You want to trust Nagy with that? We fuck you right in the asshole.
[Reply]
New World Order 12:14 PM 04-28-2017
If you omitted Alex Smith's name from those quotes you'd think it was a second or third year qb
[Reply]
staylor26 12:36 PM 04-28-2017
**** Nagy. That's how I feel. He sucked as a QB and he sucks as a coach. If he didn't, we wouldn't have co-offensive coordinators. He must have baby sat Andy on a bender in the red light district of Amsterdam or something. He must have some kinda shit on Andy. He shouldn't be there IMO. Also, why in the **** does everyone think Nagy wants to throw it down the field? What makes you think that? Alex doesn't do it and Mahomes really didn't do it in college. Both were in short quick passing offenses with the occasional intermediate to deep route.

Yes, I want better than Nagy. We need a QB whisperer. The next decade is dependent on Mahomes working out.

You want to trust Nagy with that? We **** you right in the asshole.
:-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:39 PM 04-28-2017

You want to trust Nagy with that? We **** you right in the asshole.
Is this a serious comment?

Nagy was co-ordinator because andy Reid doesn't like to give full control to an inexperienced OC. Pederson really didn't call plays in year 1 and he's 10 years older. He seems to be doing just fine in Philly.

And its obvious Nagy wants to be more aggressive because I posted 5 quotes where he has specifically said he wants Alex to be more aggressive and take more chances,inckuding downfield. It's right there in the quotes.

I don't know how good the guy is, but its obvious he wants to press and I love that. And I certainly am not going to judge him 1 year into a co-coordinator role.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up