ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Do you approve or disapprove of The Trade? Why?
I approve of the trade and am thrilled about Patrick Mahomes. 284 81.61%
I approve of the trade, even through I would’ve preferred Deshaun Watson over Patrick Mahomes. 29 8.33%
I approve of the trade, even through I would’ve preferred Deshone Kizer over Patrick Mahomes. 0 0%
I approve of the trade, even through I would’ve preferred a QB other than Watson/Kizer over Patrick Mahomes. 1 0.29%
I approve of the trade, even through I would’ve preferred a non-QB over Patrick Mahomes. 1 0.29%
I disapprove of the trade because it was too much to pay even though I like Mahomes. 6 1.72%
I disapprove of the trade because I don’t think Mahomes is that good. 1 0.29%
I disapprove of the trade because I think we could get more value out of the three picks we gave up. 3 0.86%
I disapprove of the trade because we have greater needs than quarterback. 2 0.57%
I disapprove of the trade because I think Mahomes would have been available at 27. 4 1.15%
I have no idea what to think. 4 1.15%
I’m not going to vote because in the future I will change my opinion to make myself look smart. 2 0.57%
I'm still fixated that we drafted Blackledge over Marino. 11 3.16%
Voters: 348. You may not vote on this poll
Page 16 of 16
« First < 61213141516
Nzoner's Game Room>Approval/Disapproval of The Trade.
Rain Man 08:06 PM 04-27-2017
If you don't know what The Trade is, just go away.

What do you think? This is a public poll, because we're going to come back in five years and revisit this day.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:43 PM 01-07-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Wow that drops RainMan's opinions down in my rankings. Thought he was smarter than that.
Hey. I AM smarter than that.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:44 PM 01-07-2018
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Well, I'll confess that I wish my vote was different today. In my defense, I recognized the risk in this post earlier in the thread: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...8#post12844068

My dissenting vote was really questioning whether the Chiefs could have picked up another QB with their original pick (and that would've been Kizer given how the draft turned out), and then added a first and third round pick to the roster in addition. We'll see in the long run how it shakes out, but Mahomes is looking a lot better than Kizer right now. The Bills ended up drafting a CB and SS with their 2017 picks, which wouldn't have gone over well in Chiefsland.

The Mahomes pick is truly a franchise saver at this point. If he wasn't picked (or at least some quarterback wasn't picked), times would be be quite dire around here.

Without Mahomes I don't think I'd care about next year at all.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:51 PM 01-07-2018
Never liked the trade. Never wanted Smith
[Reply]
bigjosh 10:03 PM 01-07-2018
Nevermind, forgot it was public.
[Reply]
bigjosh 10:04 PM 01-07-2018
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Never liked the trade. Never wanted Smith
this thread is about trading up for mahomes...
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:16 AM 01-08-2018
This. I have no desire to watch another year with Alex Smith as our quarterback.

I plan to go to TC in August as long as Patrick Mahomes II is taking all of first string snaps.

I think it's criminal if Andy keeps Alex Smith as starter.
[Reply]
Chiefs4TheWin 08:44 AM 01-08-2018
I'm still comfortable in saying I preferred Watson at the time. He ended up pretty decent prior to injury.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:19 AM 01-08-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefs4TheWin:
I'm still comfortable in saying I preferred Watson at the time. He ended up pretty decent prior to injury.
RG3 was pretty good before injuries too. In Watson's case, I wonder what happens when DC's begin adjusting to him. The ball still floats on him downfield and at some point he won't get away with that.

Mahomes is also guilty of taking too many big hits and I hope he will learn to protect himself. In my opinion that was his biggest weakness as a college player. You like the determination to make plays, but you don't like seeing a QB lower his shoulder and end up injured, etc.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:23 AM 01-08-2018
This.

[Reply]
Page 16 of 16
« First < 61213141516
Up